Game Atmosphere 2019

blacklab

5 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Sounds like the student section needs to go back to assigned seating. Student attendance wasn't a problem in 2000-09 when we had assigned seats. The product on the field will bring the kids back in, not the GA seating. Some engineering student is gonna get trampled to death and then what happens? 

Uh, as a student during this time, I can safely say that we sucked... especially given the product we had on the field.  Granted there were a few exception games, but generally seating based off of seniority resulted in big empty sections for about a quarter until the frat bros decided to stroll in.

GA is the way to go, but there needs to be some sort of pull ahead of time or something.  You want the kids willing to camp out to be up close, not the ones who don't mind showing up in the 2nd quarter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I'm hoping the lack of Texas Fight chants was because it seemed like 90% of the timeouts in the second half were due to LSU "cramps" and I'm sure the cheerleaders are instructed not to lead cheers during an injury timeout.

We haven’t been doing it for at least 2 years now except once before the game. The two squads NEVER grab their signs and initiate the chant. He’ll GodzillaTron used to start it too. No mas 

8 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Tonight was a MAJOR step backwards. Almost everything that previously sucked a little bit grew up and sucked 1,000 times worse. Shitshow in just about ever respect (except the paratroopers).

They did allow 3-4 nice Texas Fight chants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Camera man fell in love with an amazing orange tube top attached to a brunette in the NW end zone. 

she was on screen as much as the football team. Just an amazing rack. 

My whole section cheered every time she showed up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

We sit directly across from the band and yes, they played it. The band music just doesn’t resonate....hopefully that’s due to the open south end zone.

I think the band should be moved back to the NE side of the stadium, at least until the south end zone is complete. All of their sound drowns out, at least in the NE corner, their sound can hit the majority of the stadium in its original location. 

I know it could be our last night game but the Don’t Stop Believing was organic and cool last year vs Iowa State and now is generic and forced. 

Who could have seen that coming. Does Bob Cole announce it now? “Ladies and gentlemen it’s time for a Texas Longhorn tradition! Get yur phones out for... Don’t... Stop.... BELIEVING.”
  • Haha 1

Couple of note...yes the orange tube top girl was on the Jumbotron at least 8times maybe more and I was ok with that.  

There were more Texas Fight chants

The band was not micd up this week.   Previous games they could be heard on those big speaker stacks by the cheerleaders. 

Entire upper deck section and far SE lower side  was empty entire game due to student ticket entry fiasco. 

Other games scores were displayed all night. 

Overall, my biggest gripe was not hearing the band, but overall great time and win. 

My overall gripe is still that the music on the jumbotron is just too loud, too often, and the effect they did a few times of using an EQ to drop out the low end and only let the high mids to high frequencies was ear piercing. Just super annoying.

I know the drumline plays a cheer or something after practically every play, but I can never hear it because of the shitty music they choose to blare through the jumbotron instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

I know it could be our last night game but the Don’t Stop Believing was organic and cool last year vs Iowa State and now is generic and forced. 

Said this a couple weeks ago and had a friend concur last night, glad others think so. They played a fuckin mix last night, with shitty cuts to the more uptempo parts. The Iowa st game version built up over a long tv timeout iirc, they just played the song and let people sing. We even decided to fuck that up. 

1 hour ago, CrownKing said:

Couple of note...yes the orange tube top girl was on the Jumbotron at least 8times maybe more and I was ok with that.  

There were more Texas Fight chants

The band was not micd up this week.   Previous games they could be heard on those big speaker stacks by the cheerleaders. 

Entire upper deck section and far SE lower side  was empty entire game due to student ticket entry fiasco. 

Overall, my biggest gripe was not hearing the band, but overall great time and win. 

Our section was about to send a sternly worded letter to the cheerleaders to start a Texas Fight chant which they finally figured out in the 3rd quarter. 

about damn time 

1 hour ago, CrownKing said:

Minor complaint, but the home teams were listed first.  What is this, the Premier League?

Glad to see more replays than I remembered last year.  I still think the random crowd shot-to-replay ratio is too high, but it’s getting better.

• Like 1