Fuck Kirk Herbstreit.

Tx_2_Sc85

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Somebody want to summarize what the twat waffle said for those of us who don't want to hear his voice?

Texas doesn't seem to care about football as much as other schools because people in Austin are successful and have meaningful lives outside of college football. I'm not even kidding it's exactly what he said.

Texas doesn't seem to care about football as much as other schools because people in Austin are successful and have meaningful lives outside of college football. I'm not even kidding it's exactly what he said.

Unpopular opinion:

Is he wrong? Is that a bad thing?

Everyone here knows the home crowd at DKR is often lackluster; or if they don’t they’re either lying to themself or have never been to a game. Texas draws like 16 fans for basketball games. We’ve all made fun of OU for still having to go back to Norman after we take a L. Look at where the highest fan interest is concentrated - SEC, B1G, B12, also known as generally the lower quality of life areas in the country. Austin sticks out in the B12 and it will stick out in the SEC.

I don’t don’t really see anything inaccurate or offensive about what he said.

44 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Unpopular opinion:

Everyone here knows the home crowd at DKR is often lackluster; or if they don’t they’re either lying to themself or have never been to a game. Texas draws like 16 fans for basketball games. We’ve all made fun of OU for still having to go back to Norman after we take a L. Look at where the highest fan interest is concentrated - SEC, B1G, B12, also known as generally the lower quality of life areas in the country. Austin sticks out in the B12 and it will stick out in the SEC.

The only thing that bothered me is the notion that somehow other fans "care" more.  He made the statement that Texas fans show up as long as we're winning.  The schools he lists like Ohio State, Aggy, Bama, etc as having rabid fan bases are all winning right now.  It's not a coincidence they are selling out every game.  How was that A&M attendance when they were getting beat 77-0 and losing to Tech every year.  Not so stellar.  Oh, but they all chant and kiss their ugly women when they score--they must really care about their team.

But he's right, Horn fans have lives outside of football, and we live in cities where there are things to do so football doesn't occupy our thoughts 24/7.  But we also support our team the same as anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

The only thing that bothered me is the notion that somehow other fans "care" more.  He made the statement that Texas fans show up as long as we're winning.  The schools he lists like Ohio State, Aggy, Bama, etc as having rabid fan bases are all winning right now.  It's not a coincidence they are selling out every game.  How was that A&M attendance when they were getting beat 77-0 and losing to Tech every year.  Not so stellar.  Oh, but they all chant and kiss their ugly women when they score--they must really care about their team.

But he's right, Horn fans have lives outside of football, and we live in cities where there are things to do so football doesn't occupy our thoughts 24/7.  But we also support our team the same as anyone else.

Agree with your overall sentiment, but beyond that, the thing is, it's not true.  At least, it's not true about A&M.  I can't speak for Ohio State or Alabama because I've never been to either stadium. 

But even now, since being in the SEC, the ags will sell out and all show up against Alabama or LSU, but the stadium is 1/4 empty when playing Ole Miss or South Carolina.  And it's at least 1/3 empty when they play their never-ending stream of scrubs like Lamar, UTSA, Northwestern State, Nichols, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Agree with your overall sentiment, but beyond that, the thing is, it's not true.  At least, it's not true about A&M.  I can't speak for Ohio State or Alabama because I've never been to either stadium. 

But even now, since being in the SEC, the ags will sell out and all show up against Alabama or LSU, but the stadium is 1/4 empty when playing Ole Miss or South Carolina.  And it's at least 1/3 empty when they play their never-ending stream of scrubs like Lamar, UTSA, Northwestern State, Nichols, etc.

Those games are still sold out... the ticket holders just don't go

57 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Those games are still sold out... the ticket holders just don't go

Yes I understand.  Cesspool Herbstreit was talking about the passion of the fans, not athletic department revenue.  Passionate fans don't buy tickets and then not show up.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yes I understand.  Cesspool Herbstreit was talking about the passion of the fans, not athletic department revenue.  Passionate fans don't buy tickets and then not show up.

I forgot he was cesspool guy. One second you care too much the next second you are apathetic.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Unpopular opinion:

I'm not sure about that. The tickets for our suckass soccer team were the hottest item of the summer. No reason for a good Texas team to not generate some good buzz.

Edited by Pam Cummings

What is his metric? We have been top 10 in attendance all this time despite being not being very good.

I am certainly first to admit that the best fans are there cheering on their 0-11 team trying to become 1-11 and I doubt many Texas fans would find that fun. But I don't think anybody else's fans would either.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

What is his metric? We have been top 10 in attendance all this time despite being not being very good.

I am certainly first to admit that the best fans are there cheering on their 0-11 team trying to become 1-11 and I doubt many Texas fans would find that fun. But I don't think anybody else's fans would either.

South Carolina was selling out one year afer 0-11.  I find that outstanding and yet crazy.

10 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Well if that's the metric, then Nebraska fans are indeed the greatest EVAR based on ROI

• 2 years later...

Man, you guys are some whiny bitches. Who gives a shit about any of this? I’m sure EVERY school has a similar thread about some announcer who said one negative thing about their school so they must hate us.

You act like he came to your house, fucked your wife and kicked your dog.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

You do realize he’s good friends with Sark, right?

I thought his Texas dick riding was because we have a Manning on the team. I didn’t know he was friends with Sark but that makes sense. It’s weird having him praise us non-stop when we were such a “cesspool” for so long.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Stringer said:

Man, you guys are some whiny bitches. Who gives a shit about any of this? I’m sure EVERY school has a similar thread about some announcer who said one negative thing about their school so they must hate us.

You act like he came to your house, fucked your wife and kicked your dog.

Lol y’all do realize this thread was started in September 2019 right?