Below Deck

RPM

On 1/29/2023 at 9:00 AM, kevwun said:

Started watching Colin's show on Youtube.  Can't recommend it enough.  He has a pretty amazing life.  Thanks for whoever mentioned it.  There are a ton of episodes and it's worth watching from the beginning.

it's fantastic. i was burning through it and had to stop to take it slower. he's a really interesting and talented dude.

I gave up on this show when Sandy took over and now Rachel and Lee are gone forever. 
That Adventure captain Kerry is taking over for Lee. 

I think Rachel got fed up with having to do Sandy’s job managing Fraser and the general bullshit hyped by the producers. She is not real happy with Bravo right now.

Lee is 73 so I can see retirement. He really aged after losing his son.
  • Like 1

That’s his problem. Even after Sandy told him to get his shit together he still couldn’t take a different position with Alissa. He is too concerned with being liked. But his tender skin couldn’t shut his mouth after his first chastisement. He should have been axed on the beach. The question will be his fate after Alissa’s new meeting with Sandy.

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

That’s his problem. Even after Sandy told him to get his shit together he still couldn’t take a different position with Alissa. He is too concerned with being liked. But his tender skin couldn’t shut his mouth after his first chastisement. He should have been axed on the beach. The question will be his fate after Alissa’s new meeting with Sandy.

Lees gonna come back and be like where the fuck did half my staff go 

• Like 1

Sandy tried out the new "Nice Sandy" persona for a few charters, then couldn't help herself. Alissa deserves everything, but she did a poor job of handling Fraser at the volleyball game. No need to dig at him in front of the rest of the crew.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:05 AM, Deej said:

Sandy tried out the new "Nice Sandy" persona for a few charters, then couldn't help herself. Alissa deserves everything, but she did a poor job of handling Fraser at the volleyball game. No need to dig at him in front of the rest of the crew.

This. For somebody who is all about the "chain of command" Sandy sure has no problems dressing him down in front of the crew. That does nothing but undermine his authority and give people who are like Alissa the belief that they can do whatever the fuck they want. Fraser is green AF but he was handed two of the worst stews I've ever seen on this show in (EDIT) Camille and Alissa. I couldn't believe she was pissy with Fraser about not being able to play volleyball due to his hurt foot. I think Sandy might re-think things about Fraser if/when she watches the episodes.

Sandy isn't going to fire Alissa, right? She's got Ross in there to be witness to putting Alissa on final notice, yes?

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Deej said:

she is a terrible leader.

if she is setting up a team building process, then GO SIT DOWN WITH YOUR DEPT LEADERS AND TELL THEM. don't just spring it on them.

also, yes if Frazier gets actually hurt then he should report it. an infected cut on his foot ain't that. calm down lady.

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't think you need a witness for a final notice.  She gone.  And good fucking riddance.  Passive-aggressive, home-wrecking, terrible person.

Sandy fired Camille and didn't have anybody in the bridge with her. I've seen captains fire multiple people in previous seasons/editions and I've never seen them call for a witness to the actual firing.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Sandy fired Camille and didn't have anybody in the bridge with her. I've seen captains fire multiple people in previous seasons/editions and I've never seen them call for a witness to the actual firing.

True.  But why would you need a witness for a final warning?  Not to mention it's all on camera anyway.  I don't know, I just hope she's gone.

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They’ve had a witness before. Can’t remember which season but think Eddie was a witness with Lee. 

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

True.  But why would you need a witness for a final warning?  Not to mention it's all on camera anyway.  I don't know, I just hope she's gone.

And if it was a final warning then it should have been the head of her department there. Ross doesn’t know the job or have enough interaction to be able to see if she fucks up again. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, McFly said:

They’ve had a witness before. Can’t remember which season but think Eddie was a witness with Lee. 

Yeah, I think that has happened more than once on the different shows.  I believe I've even seen the First Officer as the witness.  Don't remember if it was a firing or just a reprimand.

Edit, I think it was when Hannah got fired.

Edited by kevwun

Those guests were fucking awful. 

"I want a turkey sandwich." - 15 minutes before lunch is served.

Doesn't eat turkey sandwich and bitches and screams because she's hungry and tired of waiting for food. 

Rachel should have just come out and stabbed her, thrown her body overboard, then turned around to the remaining guests and asked, "Who wants to be next?"

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think the BD motor yacht franchises are toast. Going forward, you still have the universally hated Sandy on Med, The captain of Adventure is moving to the flagship. He’s dull as dry toast just like the show. . They should have brought in the Down Under captain  for the MILF demographic. Down Under is OK but it’s stream only. Sailing will continue to be great as long as they can keep the crew together. But that might be tough. Marcus is definitely gone and the rumors are that Colin is as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I think the BD motor yacht franchises are toast. Going forward, you still have the universally hated Sandy on Med, The captain of Adventure is moving to the flagship. He’s dull as dry toast just like the show. . They should have brought in the Down Under captain  for the MILF demographic. Down Under is OK but it’s stream only. Sailing will continue to be great as long as they can keep the crew together. But that might be tough. Marcus is definitely gone and the rumors are that Colin is as well. 

ill believe Colin is gone when they start the season and he isn't in the intro.

dude can do whatever he wants to on the side, work a few weeks a year on Parsifal, then go back to Parlay and sail wherever he wants. Marcos announced he was leaving a while ago, i think he wanted to come back but is just too hot and getting $$$ thrown at him.

someone on the subreddit said that based on pics from when BDSY was filmed (spoilering in case people care)

Spoiler

Gary/Colin/Daisy are all on it with no other returns

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Sailing will continue to be great as long as they can keep the crew together. But that might be tough. Marcus is definitely gone and the rumors are that Colin is as well. 

Colin is killing it with his own YouTube channel Parlay Revival. They have a huge following. He was recruited from it to do BDS and that obviously paid off promotion-wise. I doubt we see him back if his Pacific crossing starts before next season. 

Ep 1

Ep 197

If you ever wanted to learn how to successfully salvage a fiberglass catamaran, this is the channel.

Edited by RPM