MNF DH: Texans @ Saints/Broncos @ Raiders

spystud13

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I watch very little football anymore, but damned if Brees isn't clutch as well as their kicker Lutz. 

Yeah he nailed that like it was nothing. And it doesn't hurt that Houston played prevent defense and allowed easy pitch and catches down the field. You only do that if they needed a TD to win. But a FG? That was terrible. On that last play with 6 seconds, they played soft as fuck and the safeties were playing 30 yards off the ball. I don't get it. They aren't going up top on that play. They just want 10 yards and a timeout. You didn't even jam the WRs to make it harder.

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah he nailed that like it was nothing. And it doesn't hurt that Houston played prevent defense and allowed easy pitch and catches down the field. You only do that if they needed a TD to win. But a FG? That was terrible. On that last play with 6 seconds, they played soft as fuck and the safeties were playing 30 yards off the ball. I don't get it. They aren't going up top on that play. They just want 10 yards and a timeout. You didn't even jam the WRs to make it harder.

Houston's DBs were not good enough to jam the Saints at the LOS, so they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's why Brees lined up so early so he could identify what coverage/press they were doing. 

It looks bad on the film as it was wide open, but the Texans were screwed once the Saints got it to midfield with time for a play + FG. They weren't able to stop the short passing game in the second half.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

DC blew it but was a hell of a FG kick.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well the decades old adage apparently has never been read or heard by former Pedo State head guy Bill O'Brien. 

The prevent only prevents you from winning. Maybe JJ Watt can go to his minimalist cabin next year and use this game to prepare for 2020.

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If the last pass is incomplete he probably makes that thing from midfield anyway. 

• Like 1