3rd Democratic Debate - Houston

Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Good night for Beto. 

Castro is such a dick. He's done. 

Kinda now remembering why he and his brother don’t take a plunge and run statewide - they’re pussies and just smug little bitches. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yeah, I think Castro hurt his VP chances too. 

I won't be surprised if they all turn on him.  That was beyond the pale.

From the way Castro went after Beto before and the way he went after Biden tonight, I can only conclude that he's known all along he doesn't have a chance so he went up there gunning to take people down with him.  I think there's a good chance he just assholed his way out of a cabinet post.

21 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yeah, because they loved the last corporate, moderate Dem that ran. 

Hilary Clinton was a polarizing, out of touch candidate. 

Joe Biden is a nice, well liked guy, and can relate to those working class mouth breathers that will decide the next election in ways that Warren and Bernie never will. 

Edited by 6th Street
  • Like 1

Hilary Clinton was a polarizing, out of touch candidate. 
Joe Biden is a nice, well liked guy, and can relate to those working class mouth breathers that will decide the next election in ways that Warren and Bernie never will. 

And yet warren and sanders plans are more relevant.

Beto is trending because his gun confiscation comments ignited a fire. I imagine he'll get crucified in right leaning media.

Oh nooooooo.

Who gives a fuck? Nobody who pays attention to right-leaning media was gonna vote for Beto regardless. This is an issue that is rapidly swinging in Beto’s direction, and one that he is passionate about.

Sorry your pew pew games might get less fun :(
  • Like 3

Castro needed to go hard AF at Biden.  Someone needed to do it.  What do you think Trump is going to do to Biden in a debate? It would be a blood bath.  Castro jumped on the grenade.  He’s not going to win and it hurt him but shit, Biden needs to be challenged by an asshole on national television before Trump.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

I think it’s going to come down to one of Biden, Warren, or Beto. If the next few months are relatively drama-free, then it will come down whether or not Warren’s ascension can finally pass Biden’s freefall. But if there is another mass shooting, Beto has positioned himself (and has the necessary platform and skills) to skyrocket into the conversation. Obviously, no one wants a tragedy like that to happen, but it’s personally the only way I see anyone other than Biden or Warren on the ticket.

Castro playing dumb about taking a personal shot at Biden. 

I know debates get heated and a little nasty. Go back to previous primaries and I'm sure there are plenty of low blows. But the Trump era is a completely different animal, and this will doom Castro. We are in unchartered waters with 2020 election. 

Beto with a home run tonight.

Biden did a lot better than a lot of you want to talk yourselves into believing. Warren was solid. Bernie was Bernie. I think all of the top 3 probably feel good with their performances.

Pete had a couple of great points but came off as too wonky. Nothing memorable. Hillaryesque.

Harris and Castro both probably ended their campaigns.

Booker, Klobuchar and whoever I'm forgetting.. eh. Forgettable.

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Biden did a lot better than a lot of you want to talk yourselves into believing.

He was bad but still exceeded everyone’s low bar expectations.  His eye didn’t burst, he managed to keep his teeth in his mouth, and he savagely butchered an answer on a slavery question.  

Very presidential 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

He was bad but still exceeded everyone’s low bar expectations.  His eye did burst, he managed to keep his teeth in his mouth, and savagely butchered an answer on a slavery question.   Very presidential 

He wasn't even bad. He came across as the respectful elder statesman. He's one of the few, if not the only candidate that knows when to change gears. Even in his old age he knows when to ramp up the emotion and when to back down to calm. The rest of the field struggles with that. Most are either perma-angry (Castro and Bernie), boring (Pete), or shithoused drunk (Harris). He even held his own in policy debates and landed an uppercut on healthcare. He probably had the 3rd best night after Beto and the ever-steady Warren. 

• Like 1