6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

3 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Let’s not start downplaying a recruit of ours just because they are visiting aggy. That’s what aggy does.

the staff wants Javonne, I want Javonne.

They kind of want Javonne. There is PR work going on right now with some of this. Posters here have every right to be ambivalent about this guy. On one hand, there’s a lot to work with in terms of frame and size. On the other hand, there are a lot of red flags indicating probable bust. No one would be ambivalent if Jake Smith were suddenly about to flip. This isn’t “acting like aggie”. Don’t come to the recruiting board on a flyby and tell the denizens of this board how to act when you are less informed on the circumstances. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Yeah he is doing the " If you love me you will fight for me" teenage girl drama. With all the weight gain and discipline problems the only reason I think he hasn't gotten the boot is because Herman doesn't want the Jimbo flips Texas recruits narrative floating around.

Well he's also a great prospect if he'd just show an ounce of work ethic and discipline. I hope he gets his shit together and signs with us, but yikes.

• Like 1

The need to take him is much less now that we've probably stabilized our recruiting with our winning streak.  If they got him to flip a few weeks ago, it might have had an effect on our class.  Now, not so much.  However, they probably still want to take him because he's an OT and for perception purposes.  The numbers won't be an issue. They'll trapdoor someone if they need to.  

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Does aggy even have room for him at this point? I was under the impression they have 2 spots left, and they'd like at least one to be Stripling, I can't imagine they'd hold a spot for Shepherd too?

There was a report from one of the Aggy reporters that the JAG guard from Pensacola that they took a commitment from so they could try to get his higher ranked teammate (who committed to Clemson) was "looking around."  That leads me to believe that they're gonna try to push him out if they can flip Shepherd. 

On 10/7/2018 at 6:29 PM, Bodacious Bevo said:

His brother: 

Never thought I’d see a “grown man” use 17 year olds as click bait on his Facebook page and have actual adults pay for that fake news click bait...really is amazing if you think about it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Let’s not start downplaying a recruit of ours just because they are visiting aggy. That’s what aggy does.

the staff wants Javonne, I want Javonne.

I'm downplaying because of his red flags that have always been in his film.

In the words of Yancy he doesn't have the "want to".  I'm hopeful we can get a class full of "get to". I'd rather give Herb a guy who wants it as I know he'll work out.

We've had years of "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" that we finally have culled most out...don't want to go down that path again.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
I might < want to < get to

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Don’t come to the recruiting board on a flyby and tell the denizens of this board how to act when you are less informed on the circumstances. 

On 4/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, closetojumping said:

DeMarvin Leal has pretty much zero interest in ATM. He's beingpolite. 

Edited by RadiologyHorn
  • Fuck You 1

This board is the internet version of a woman. 

After the Maryland game everyone was a massive vagina whining we were going to lose every recruit, effectively shortening us to a one game season.

Now Javonne is flirting with our ugly adopted brother and everyone is whipping out their rolodex-o-problems with Shepherd as if the timing of these red flags is nothing more than coincidence. 

Just now, RadiologyHorn said:

After the Maryland game everyone was a massive vagina whining we were going to lose every recruit, effectively shortening us to a one game season.

Now Javonne is flirting with our ugly adopted brother and everyone is whipping out their rolodex-o-problems with Shepherd as if the timing of these red flags is nothing more than coincidence. 

Pitt-Spit.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

To be fair, he was correct at the time. 

You’re lying to yourself.

ctj said Leal had no interest in aggy on 4/3, DeMarvin committed to them two weeks later. 

Brewster vs Giles was as about an unfair fight as you will see. That recruitment didnt turn on a dime to aggy, the info we were getting from the “experts” was dogshit all along. Ctj included.

6 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I offer a lot of views on the recruiting board. The track record speaks for itself. You can nitpick all you like. And then? You’ll have still brought not a fucking thing to the table but that kind of spineless bullshit and I’ll continue to do what I do. 

We could always have a contest though. You and I can make 30 predictions from here and measure to signing day in 2020. I’ll never post again on this board if you win. You can return the favor if you lose. Sort of like a recruiting spelling contest or something. The thing to remember on this one though is that I’m not Tailleur17 and you’re not going to be able to go off hubris alone. Or maybe you will, fuck it. 

Let me know if you’re game for it. 

BTW, I didn’t know on April 3rd the depths of ATM’s recruiting $ituation any better than anyone else, but congrats on searching that far back to find something. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

You’re lying to yourself.

ctj said Leal had no interest in aggy on 4/3, DeMarvin committed to them two weeks later. 

Brewster vs Giles was as about an unfair fight as you will see. That recruitment didnt turn on a dime to aggy, the info we were getting from the “experts” was dogshit all along. Ctj included.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I offer a lot of views on the recruiting board. The track record speaks for itself. You can nitpick all you like. And then? You’ll have still brought not a fucking thing to the table but that kind of spineless bullshit and I’ll continue to do what I do. 

We could always have a contest though. You and I can make 30 predictions from here and measure to signing day in 2020. I’ll never post again on this board if you win. You can return the favor if you lose. Sort of like a recruiting spelling contest or something. The thing to remember on this one though is that I’m not Tailleur17 and you’re not going to be able to go off hubris alone. Or maybe you will, fuck it. 

BTW, I didn’t know on April 3rd the depths of ATM’s recruiting $ituation any better than anyone else, but congrats on searching that far back to find something. 

Lol “nitpicking”

you literally said Leal has zero interest in aggy and then he committed to them two weeks later.

i bring it up as a point of irony only after you said I was “less informed”...and your response? I’m nitpicking. Perfect.

you also said I offer nothing regarding predictions. My strong advice is to head over to the football board. I correctly guaranteed wins over USC, TCU and OU. I started this the day after we lost to Maryland and I was unwavering. I correctly called the majority of posters on this website massive vaginas for the chicken little psyche they let permeate in every post after our opening loss. To say the least my predictions this season have been very unpopular at the time but proven correct. 

17 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Someone was wrong on a recruit once! Especially if I ignore timestamps!!

Everyone is so much smarter when the program is winning. Alabama fans are the smartest motherfuckers on the planet these days. You’re showing up to join the crowd. Awesome. 

I’m interested in seeing you take some positions in recruiting. Go ahead and tell us how we’re getting everyone because because because. I see this going well for you. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Ignoring Hamm’s douchiness for a second, did Footwork King lie to EJ?

Honestly, I'm pretty sick of all these trainers.  Between FWK and the guy that runs FAST, they seem to be pushing many of the states top players to certain programs.  Our recruiting strategy is a complete 180 from aggy's.  Look at our commits from last cycle and this cycle.  Herman seems to want athletes that come from structured programs and/or guys that come from a strong family background.  As opposed to aggy that is straight up taking thugs and players that have handlers or dads/uncles holding their hands out.  We're going to see that program have the same character issues that Florida did when they recruited all those thugs.

3 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Lol “nitpicking”

you literally said Leal has zero interest in aggy and then he committed to them two weeks later.

i bring it up as a point of irony only after you said I was “less informed”...and your response? I’m nitpicking. Perfect.

you also said I offer nothing regarding predictions. My strong advice is to head over to the football board. I correctly guaranteed wins over USC, TCU and OU. I started this the day after we lost to Maryland and I was unwavering. I correctly called the majority of posters on this website massive vaginas for the chicken little psyche they let permeate in every post after our opening loss. To say the least my predictions this season have been very unpopular at the time but proven correct. 

I accounted for that when I referenced things on this board taking more than bravado and hubris. You have now chosen to walk into the recruiting forum and talk shit. I’ve offered to take you up for now and forever since you’ve got all this down. Don’t be a pussy and ignore it. Take the bet and let’s get measured, motherfucker. 

It takes zero acumen to predict football victories. Claiming credit for them when riding a hot streak is like claiming credit for a streak of heads or red in coin flips or roulette. Recruiting isn’t that. So if you’re going to run your fucking mouth, back it up. 

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like the two of you need to throw your ovaries on the table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Honestly, I'm pretty sick of all these trainers.  Between FWK and the guy that runs FAST, they seem to be pushing many of the states top players to certain programs.  Our recruiting strategy is a complete 180 from aggy's.  Look at our commits from last cycle and this cycle.  Herman seems to want athletes that come from structured programs and/or guys that come from a strong family background.  As opposed to aggy that is straight up taking thugs and players that have handlers or dads/uncles holding their hands out.  We're going to see that program have the same character issues that Florida did when they recruited all those thugs.

Eh, some of them are just good guys that perform a valuable service (training athletes and occasionally arranging aboveboard trips to schools) in return for money - look at Coach Flight and Margin Hooks. aggy's just elbow deep in the muckiest of them.

Just now, closetojumping said:

Someone was wrong on a recruit once! Especially if I ignore timestamps!!

Everyone is so much smarter when the program is winning. Alabama fans are the smartest motherfuckers on the planet these days. You’re showing up to join the crowd. Awesome. 

I’m interested in seeing you take some positions in recruiting. Go ahead and tell us how we’re getting everyone because because because. I see this going well for you. 

Alright I’ll take some unpopular positions in recruiting...

ill take umbrage with your excuse for getting Leal dead wrong...you weren’t aware of how much money aggy was paying recruits. Fucking nonsense.

id have more respect for you if you just came out and said you were wrong. Instead you act like a bitch and hide behind a made up story about Leal getting paid. It’s more aggy than the assholes posting today that they don’t want Shepherd because ____ (insert bullshit excuse with no merit). 

• Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Lol “nitpicking”

Yeah don't let your football predictions go to your head man. Everybody including the Texas staff was blindsided by how many FedEx envelopes were sent out from college station. 

Edited by Not a Sock

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

thugs = championships bruh

7 on 7 isn't going anywhere texas needs a jai lucas type of connection to the trainers & coaches

9 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Alright I’ll take some unpopular positions in recruiting...

ill take umbrage with your excuse for getting Leal dead wrong...you weren’t aware of how much money aggy was paying recruits. Fucking nonsense.

id have more respect for you if you just came out and said you were wrong. Instead you act like a bitch and hide behind a made up story about Leal getting paid. It’s more aggy than the assholes posting today that they don’t want Shepherd because ____ (insert bullshit excuse with no merit). 

I don’t give two fucks about your respect. You can think whatever you’d like. 

That considered, it’s clear you’ve got no spine yourself. Not only won’t you take my bet, you won’t address it. 

Sit there, wait for me to occasionally not hit a recruiting prediction, which will keep happening because that’s recruiting, and post about it. But in the end, you’ve got nothing on your own and you’re adding nothing either. You’re just a coelenterate. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t give two fucks about your respect. You can think whatever you’d like. 

That considered, it’s clear you’ve got no spine yourself. Not only won’t you take my bet, you won’t address it. 

Sit there, wait for me to occasionally not hit a recruiting prediction, which will keep happening because that’s recruiting, and post about it. But in the end, you’ve got nothing on your own and you’re adding nothing either. You’re just a coelenterate. 

😂

8 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

thugs = championships bruh

7 on 7 isn't going anywhere texas needs a jai lucas type of connection to the trainers & coaches

There's a difference between your tough MFers like KBoyd and GJ, and outright bad people (Marcel Brooks) and mental midgets (Bobby Wolfe)

49 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Lol “nitpicking”

You're fucking tiresome.

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It takes zero acumen to predict football victories.

I can’t find any Texas games you’ve predicted but your aggy picks have been atrocious which is strange since it takes “zero acumen”

On 8/28/2018 at 6:11 PM, closetojumping said:

Arkansas - Aggie L, unrequited love is a hideous thing when an aggie male is on the receiving end, and Chad Morris knows his way around an inferiority complex like the good aggie he is. Arkansas pretty much plays the weakest non-conference schedule of all the P5 programs and this is the game they've been tuning up for since he was hired.

Kentucky - Aggie L, the ball starts rolling downhill here, but really, UK has recruited better than ATM for a few years when attrition is accounted for and the retarded Stoops brother somehow is turning them into a perennial bowl team. Mike Elko starts putting out feelers for a HC role at New Mexico or Arkansas State after this game

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I can’t find any Texas games you’ve predicted but your aggy picks have been atrocious which is strange since it takes “zero acumen”

On 8/28/2018 at 6:11 PM, closetojumping said:

Arkansas - Aggie L, unrequited love is a hideous thing when an aggie male is on the receiving end, and Chad Morris knows his way around an inferiority complex like the good aggie he is. Arkansas pretty much plays the weakest non-conference schedule of all the P5 programs and this is the game they've been tuning up for since he was hired.

Kentucky - Aggie L, the ball starts rolling downhill here, but really, UK has recruited better than ATM for a few years when attrition is accounted for and the retarded Stoops brother somehow is turning them into a perennial bowl team. Mike Elko starts putting out feelers for a HC role at New Mexico or Arkansas State after this game

Yeah, keep searching my posts and finding the ones that serve your purpose while ignoring the rest. You’re just a simple bitch. Regarding this one, I also later posted that I was fucking around. But hey, let’s all live by the standard of holding others to a prediction from months ago ahead of a season, while sidestepping being accountable for the same. 

Weeks before the ATM game I said they’d beat Arkie based on seeing actual performances. I also said before the season that people weren’t giving Kentucky their due and they’d be good this year. 

Like I said, if you’d like to step up, my offer on the recruiting bet stands. If not, you’re dogshit on the bottom of my shoe, reading the takes and then whining on the occasional misses while offering nothing of your own. 

• Like 1