Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I get the gist of this, but why was a buyer making a pitch to sellers?

Assuming you're labeling CDC the buyer. He isn't a Buyer - he's offering to rent to the sellers pieces of the Market Place, which he owns. He gets it.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Love that response to the stupid hunting question. Move a home game to a Thursday that is not a holiday?  Really?  We have some really idiotic fans.

Why is he taking this to CDC? The state scheduling the start of deer hunting season on the same day as a Texas football game is almost as bad as scheduling a wedding on that day...That tweet needs to go to the head of Texas Parks and Wildlife. Deer will wait to be killed, WVU's ass kickin' is already scheduled.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Why is he taking this to CDC? The state scheduling the start of deer hunting season on the same day as a Texas football game is almost as bad as scheduling a wedding on that day...That tweet needs to go to the head of Texas Parks and Wildlife. Deer will wait to be killed, WVU's ass kickin' is already scheduled.

Is deer season only 48 hours long or something?  Why is it so fucking critical to go hunting opening weekend?  Are people afraid we're going to run out of deer to shoot?

And why would TP&W try to start scheduling around college football games?  With as many schools are there are in the state, I'm sure that's a can of worms they have no interest in opening.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, Machinator said:

52,000 Texas football fans pretend dear lease shooting is a sport?  Did not know that.  I think college football may be a sport at least.  

On 7/30/2018 at 4:04 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Is deer season only 48 hours long or something?  Why is it so fucking critical to go hunting opening weekend?  Are people afraid we're going to run out of deer to shoot?

And why would TP&W try to start scheduling around college football games?  With as many schools are there are in the state, I'm sure that's a can of worms they have no interest in opening.

Timing does make a difference. The bucks are stupid and energized early on, so you have a better chance of bagging a nice one. The older bucks are smarter and go mostly nocturnal and later in the season. 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:04 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Do you even axis over white tail, bro?

Deer hunting.....what a joke.

You put out a feeder and feed the animals peacefully all year and then for a few months you climb up in a tower and pick them off when they walk out to eat.

That is hunting?

Sounds like a sniper to me.

Fuck deer hunting...plus the meat tastes like the smell of a dead rat.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

12 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Deer hunting.....what a joke.

You put out a feeder and feed the animals peacefully all year and then for a few months you climb up in a tower and pick them off when they walk out to eat.

That is hunting?

Sounds like a sniper to me.

Fuck deer hunting...plus the meat tastes like the smell of a dead rat.

Agree x100000

nowadays I just pretend to tag along with my buddy for a do but just end up drinking and passing out. Probably shouldn't even bring a gun this year.

cleaning a deer sucks.

processing is expensive.

Meat tastes like shit.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Know how I know neither one of you fuckers have had backstrap? 

Also it depends a lot on the deer and I'm telling you, axis meat is tits. A little dry but still good. White tail is more gamey but can taste ok if cooked right. 

Full disclosure I don't really hunt but love me some deer meat. I also didn't stay at holiday inn. /csb/fcb/ousux

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Know how I know neither one of you fuckers have had backstrap? 

Also it depends a lot on the deer and I'm telling you, axis meat is tits. A little dry but still good. White tail is more gamey but can taste ok if cooked right. 

Full disclosure I don't really hunt but love me some deer meat. I also didn't stay at holiday inn. /csb/fcb/ousux

I have had blackstrap.

And of course the guy cooking it always says

"The way I cook it you will never know it is deer."

First of all why do they always say that?

Maybe because it sucks?

It is not the taste initially.....it is that dead rat taste in the back of your throat later.

Sorry Bungalow Bill but venison sucks and so does sitting in a freezing ass deer blind (sniper tower) while meaningful college football games are being played. 

But hey you go ahead and pretend it is cool and tasty...

Meanwhile we will be banging your woman on the Friday of opening weekend, watching college football and eating a filet of beef.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I have had blackstrap.

And of course the guy cooking it always says

"The way I cook it you will never know it is deer."

First of all why do they always say that?

Maybe because it sucks?

It is not the taste initially.....it is that dead rat taste in the back of your throat later.

Sorry Bungalow Bill but venison sucks and so does sitting in a freezing ass deer blind (sniper tower) while meaningful college football games are being played. 

But hey you go ahead and pretend it is cool and tasty...

Meanwhile we will be banging your woman on the Friday of opening weekend, watching college football and eating a filet of beef.

1. backstrap is greatness. and if it doesn't taste like deer, the fucker didn't cook it right.

2.dead rat taste? that was probably the dick you sucked last night.

3. freezing ass deer blind? you are a pussy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Machinator said:

depending on where -- *this* could be a terrible idea - hear me out. We pay for our spots (some in our group are season ticket holders and some arent) - so the dude who only wants to Tailgate For like 1 game is gonna take a space from a group who is out there for every game year in and year out? regardless of kickoff time? 11am games are a bitch 

(and this isnt about me worrying about our spots - our spots are owned by the State of Texas but i guess its possible) but i know there are tons of ppl that get up at the crack of dawn and work their asses *off to set up and breakdown - would be terrible for those ppl to have spots taken for the guy who wants to tailgate maybe one game. fucking lazy asshole 

Tailgates are fucking work |

Edited by Froghorn717
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Froghorn717 said:

depending on where -- *this* could be a terrible idea - hear me out. We pay for our spots (some in our group are season ticket holders and some arent) - so the dude who only wants to Tailgate For like 1 game is gonna take a space from a group who is out there for every game year in and year out? regardless of kickoff time? 11am games are a bitch 

(and this isnt about me worrying about our spots - our spots are owned by the State of Texas but i guess its possible) but i know there are tons of ppl that get up at the crack of dawn and work their asses of to set up and breakdown - would be terrible for those ppl to have spots taken for the guy who wants to tailgate maybe one game. fucking lazy asshole 

Tailgates are fucking work |

As a tailgater who has more or less assumed control of my in-law’s tailgate logistics, I approve of this message whole-heartedly

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Yeah it takes a "real" man to shoot an animal he has fed all year without threat.

Should give the deer guns to make it more of a sport.

I’ve tried, but they have trouble shouldering the gun, and a hoof won’t fit through the trigger guard. Their aim also sucks. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Random thought.  

Longhorn Network hasn't been what I wanted it to be.  This guy, if he has the time, could make that happen.  A combination of is being good again in football and him putting some time into the network could make that the weapon I thought it could be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

Random thought.  

Longhorn Network hasn't been what I wanted it to be.  This guy, if he has the time, could make that happen.  A combination of is being good again in football and him putting some time into the network could make that the weapon I thought it could be.

What should it be? Outside of press conferences,  signing day stuff, classic games,  and the actual live games,  it needs more.  But i don't know what that is. They can't show high school football which would be awesome. More women's diving would be cool. 

• Like 1

I think Texas could push back on showing high school games.  It feels like Deloss totally rolled over on that one and didn't even try to fight.

Non football wise, in the last few years, the network has missed out on preseason basketball games that had a lot of interest.  In addition, there doesn't seem to be any interest in showing spring sports outside of softball and baseball.  Baseball should be shown live whenever possible and never be taken off the air for a blowout softball game.  I'd rather watch some swim meets than another repeat of Texas-USC.  I do think they do a good job on volleyball.  Not sure about soccer, I can barely stomach watching that.

In football, Lowell Gallindo sucks as a host and as the "go to" host,  he's a fucking dork  Find another Kaylee Hartung and when they move up, find another one.  Don't go back to the dork. I'd like to see a lot more buildup towards the upcoming opponents in football each week.  This is a dumb example, but I would talk up every football opponent as being a huge threat to us (a la Mack Brown or Lou Holtz) and focus on key match ups with a really good player or two of the other team.  Texas is a knowledgeable football state and there could be a show with a focus on actual X's and O's each week.  I'm sure there are a lot more ideas out there that people more qualified than me could emphasize but those are just a few off the top of my head.

Bevo Blvd.

https://texassports.com/news/2018/8/7/bevo-blvd-starts-brand-new-tailgating-tradition-for-football-fans.aspx

This season, the west exterior of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium takes on a new feel as San Jacinto Blvd. from 20th St. to the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center is completely transformed into Bevo Blvd., an action-filled pregame street party. Named after Texas' iconic mascot, Bevo Blvd. opens five hours prior to kickoff on gamedays with Texas-sized fun for Longhorns fans of all ages.

"Our staff has worked hard to bring the Bevo Blvd. concept to life with the goal of providing our fans with a place to go for exciting pregame action that features many of our outstanding Texas traditions," said Vice President and Director of Athletics Chris Del Conte. "Our goal is to have the best gameday atmosphere in the country, and Bevo Blvd. is a big step in that direction."

Join thousands of fellow Longhorns fans, the Longhorn Band, Texas Cheer & Pom and Hook 'Em for the pageantry of Texas-sized events celebrating gameday on the Forty Acres.

• Celebrate Bevo's arrival with a street parade 3-1/2 hours prior to kickoff at the south entrance to Bevo Blvd. (San Jacinto Blvd. and E. 20th St.)
  • Greet the Football team for the Stadium Stampede 2-1/2 hours prior to kickoff at the north entrance to Bevo Blvd. (San Jacinto Blvd. and DeLoss Dodds Way)
  • Dine on the finest food truck flavors in Austin with different vendors each gameday
  • Enjoy happy hour pricing* on Bevo Blvd. including $5 16-oz. domestic beers, $6 16-oz. premium beers and $5 wine spritzers
  • Watch some of the best college football from around the Big 12 Conference and nation on giant LED screens in two locations
  • The official Texas Football pregame radio show on 104.9 The Horn broadcasts live from their set along Bevo Blvd.
  • Interactive games, photo ops with Texas traditions, and activities for fans of all ages
  • Autographs from select Texas Longhorns teams and coaches
  • Exclusive officially licensed Texas merchandise from a variety of best-in-class brands

"The fan experience is critical to the success of our mission to fill every seat every game at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium and create an atmosphere that helps our coaches and student-athletes win games," Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs Drew Martin said. "I am excited that we are able to bring a central, public tailgate for all Longhorns fans directly adjacent to the stadium, and I am confident fans will be excited to return week after week to put their full energy behind the burnt orange and white."

Bevo Blvd. is free for all fans. No game ticket is required! All activities and timeline subject to change.

*Happy hour pricing is exclusive to Bevo Blvd. pregame.

Edited by Nabad
  • Like 2