Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Still waiting to see a skinny, square, knit cotton tie in the arsenal 

Here's to hoping that you have to wait a long time to see that kind of nonsense!

CDC is absolutely killing it so far.  Can't wait for the changes in the football game day experience.

On 6/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, texasstrong12 said:

I’m late to the party, but this is the first Chimp article I’ve read since he shit all over us around the early signing period. He’s a piece of shit. 

Anyway, he twice references Texas firing Deloss Dodds. Am I taking crazy pills? Dodds retired of his own volition. He wasn’t fired and he wasn’t forced out, and I can find nothing else online that supports Chimp’s assertion. I have a pretty good memory. Am I wrong?

Fuck Chip Brown. 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:54 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Upthread, the point was made that Powers mishandled Mack Brown's dismissal and likely the hiring of Patterson.  All based on an inability to make a tough decision. 

And, sorry for your personal plight, but it is undeniable that administrative bloat at the University of Texas and everywhere else has skyrocketed over the past 20-25 years.  It's a university and system-wide problem that also extends into the Athletic Department.

I think what you're seeing is the "bloat" has risen to the top administrators and the day-to-day average joe's pay hasn't really budged. UT was on a pay increase freeze for several years when tuition was frozen, not even allowing for cost-of-living increases. I'm not an Occupy Wall Streeter, but I'm pretty sure that bloat is really just a bloated 1%.  

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We got Mike White from Oregon for softball. Looks like CDC is 2 for 2 on head coach hires, at least based on initial impressions.

When/if the time comes for Men's Basketball, holy shit, I can only imagine what he'll do. 

I am really liking the Fenves-CDC combo and what it is doing for the Athletic Dept.  Fenves goes out and hires an AD on his own, without the meddling of the big donors and without involving a search committe full of entrenched interests, and he hits a fucking home run landing CDC.  And CDC comes in, immediately starts engaging with fans, surveys the lay of the land and makes lots of easy, smart changes that get people on board.  Then he shows he's willing to prune the bureaucracy and start hacking away at the red tape in Bellmont.  He is allowed to sharply prune Plonsky's reach and influence and start raising big money for our project needs.  Then he goes out and makes two great head coaching hires.

Good times are ahead, my friends.  Can you smell what CDC is cooking?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Now this is pretty cool on so many levels that the athletic director of one of the highest profile universities in the nation; takes out time to send a personal gift: 🤘

What is that kid going to do with an autographed copy of the SEZ expansion plans?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may already happen every day for all I know, but can someone with access to one of those twitter machines ask CDC “hey if you like burnt orange so much, is there anything you can do about putting some of the stuff on our football field?”?

On 6/26/2018 at 10:52 AM, Goodman said:

No idea how that took place but I can tell you "cold" is an understatement in describing that relationship. I am not a fan of either but he wins.

Huh. I guess I never expected to see 'he wins' as some sort of redeeming detail to the failure of him doing his job as a UT coach. May we have many more failures like coach Elliot.

And given how Plonsky has run that department it does not surprise me she is upset that somebody is not being miserably mediocre.

Edited by Valmy77

On 6/25/2018 at 11:47 PM, kopp0e said:

Now this is pretty cool on so many levels that the athletic director of one of the highest profile universities in the nation; takes out time to send a personal gift: 🤘

My guess is that the has an assistant that keeps track of his promises on Twitter, gets it all packaged and ready to send, then he can write a personal note or something and it's ready to go. Still very impressive for him to take such initiative with random Twitter fans.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

My guess is that the has an assistant that keeps track of his promises on Twitter, gets it all packaged and ready to send, then he can write a personal note or something and it's ready to go. Still very impressive for him to take such initiative with random Twitter fans.

Agreed..!

17 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Huh. I guess I never expected to see 'he wins' as some sort of redeeming detail to the failure of him doing his job as a UT coach. May we have many more failures like coach Elliot.

And given how Plonsky has run that department it does not surprise me she is upset that somebody is not being miserably mediocre.

The criticism seems to be that he doesn't recruit or develop back row and defensive players at the same level as front row players and therefore we regularly get dismantled by other elite and better rounded teams.  It's a valid criticism. 

didn't we have another badass volleyball coach that went on to coach the Olympic team and never came back... went to Stanford or something? 

Was that cuz of our 500 dollar throw pillow buying dyke "Co-athletic director" 

or was that someone else? 

something like that happened... it seems. 

4 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

didn't we have another badass volleyball coach that went on to coach the Olympic team and never came back... went to Stanford or something? 

Was that cuz of our 500 dollar throw pillow buying dyke "Co-athletic director" 

or was that someone else? 

something like that happened... it seems. 

Mick Haley. To usc. 

On 6/30/2018 at 7:59 AM, TwiceHorn said:

The criticism seems to be that he doesn't recruit or develop back row and defensive players at the same level as front row players and therefore we regularly get dismantled by other elite and better rounded teams.  It's a valid criticism. 

Ah. Well I don't know about 'regularly dismantled' but that might explain why we often come up short. 

On 6/25/2018 at 5:07 AM, Tex Pete said:

Anyway, he twice references Texas firing Deloss Dodds. Am I taking crazy pills? Dodds retired of his own volition. He wasn’t fired and he wasn’t forced out, and I can find nothing else online that supports Chimp’s assertion. I have a pretty good memory. Am I wrong?

Anyone? Class?

Guest Lobo

Plonsky's new job title is quite a mouthful---Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief of Staff at the University of Texas at Austin. 

Yep.  That's a helluva business card.  

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Plonsky's new job title is quite a mouthful---Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief of Staff at the University of Texas at Austin. 

Yep.  That's a helluva business card.  

That's a lot of words so you can overpay someone who is effectively the Office Manager.  

"Hey Chris, can you order some more burnt orange pens? When you're done, go pick up some tacos."

Edited by CooterBrown

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

That's a lot of words so you can overpay someone who is effectively the Office Manager.  

"Hey Chris, can you order some more burnt orange pens? When you're done, go pick up some tacos."

If we can pay her more to have less responsibility, that's money well spent.

Guest Lobo

^

Bingo.  Chief of Staff offers not just Athletic Dept. comp. paid for by sponsors and LHF, but now she'll get additional protection from the Tower.  Just a question now how del Conte can placate her, keep her outta the way.

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

You're going to need to be MUCH more specific.

• Like 5