Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

10 hours ago, BornOrange said:

I found this info at https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/departments/intercollegiate-athletics/positions/

It is from July 2017, when Perrin was still AD.

Here are some of the positions and their median salaries.

• 23 Assistant AD's - $100, 742
  • 12 Associate AD's - $144, 969 
  • 4 Executive Senior Associate AD's - $242, 899
  • 3 Senior Associate AD's - $164, 932
  • 2 Athletic Directors - $695, 417
  • 1 Chief of Staff - $156, 080

Forgive me if this is in the link I did not click on, but I am assuming the salaries are just the salaries, correct? Bonuses, burden, and other forms of compensation turn these numbers from $7million to probably somewhere in the $10million range. Almost none of these people should be employed within the AD if they're doing it right, and that $7-$8million in savings by cutting 3/4s of this clown show could go towards improvements at various facilities or within various programs who could use the $$ for improving off-field coaching help or nutritionists or academic support, etc. It's a stunning display for bureaucratic bloat. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

They aren't going to fire a ton of people in one movement.  That would create chaos in the athletic department.  They will continue to fire 10-15 people at a time until they get to where Del Conte thinks they need to be.  

Very likely true.  A huge layoff would probably be counterproductive in a lot of ways, as badly as it may be needed in others.

5 minutes ago, txhorns said:

They aren't going to fire a ton of people in one movement.  That would create chaos in the athletic department.  They will continue to fire 10-15 people at a time until they get to where Del Conte thinks they need to be.  

Take this FWIW, and I think I wrote about it earlier in this thread, but the headcount shave will ultimately happen in 3 ways, and they'll wind up with more like 200-250 people as a result. Some layoffs, as seen. Some unreplaced attrition, also currently happening. Finally, whichever group wins the bid for the new basketball venue will be taking on the employment of some 125+ current AD staff members associated with the management of the Erwin Center. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Very likely true.  A huge layoff would probably be counterproductive in a lot of ways, as badly as it may be needed in others.

Oh it is definitely needed.  It's just much easier to cut a dozen jobs at a time, transfer that work to remaining employees and then do the same a couple of months later.  Cutting 100 jobs at once and dumping all of that work on the remaining employees will cause confusion, pissed off employees and for a lot of the work to get half asset even more than it already was.

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Take this FWIW, and I think I wrote about it earlier in this thread, but the headcount shave will ultimately happen in 3 ways, and they'll wind up with more like 200-250 people as a result. Some layoffs, as seen. Some unreplaced attrition, also currently happening. Finally, whichever group wins the bid for the new basketball venue will be taking on the employment of some 125+ current AD staff members associated with the management of the Erwin Center. 

I may be completely wrong on this, but is operation of the Erwin Center under the Athletic Department, or under Physical Education?

I know at some point it was under PE.

"Texas was the only university in Division I, II or III, with a women’s athletic director — Chris Plonsky — but is now merging men’s and women’s athletics with Del Conte over everything.

Plonsky will now serve as “chief of staff” over student services, which includes areas such as academic services and compliance, sources said, adding Plonsky will remain the primary liaison to women’s basketball."

CDC is running the show now

• Like 4

On 6/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, txhorns said:

This....takes a little time to evaluate what exactly the needs are, then begin the culling.

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Before Eichorst became an under whelming  AD at Miami and Nebraska he was Chief Operating officer in the Wisconsin athletic department.  I think he had a really good reputation doing that and it is probably the role he will serve at Texas.

Yep. As long as he doesn't have any hand in coaching hires, he's probably fine.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yep. As long as he doesn't have any hand in coaching hires, he's probably fine.

CDC: "Shawn, who should be hire for the new softball coach?"

Eichorist: "Chris, I thought I was over internal affairs? I thought I was supposed to do the day to day things."

CDC: "Yeah I know, but your experience and knowledge are invaluable!" [Hands Eichorist a list of candidates]

Eichorist: "Well I really like coach X and Y. Coach Z is also pretty great."

CDC: " Thanks Shawn."

Eichorist: [Leaves room]

CDC: [Takes out big Sharpie, and puts a line through all three coaches mentioned]

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This is fantastic news re: Polonsky. She is directly responsible for the nauseating garbage and pollution of the game day atmosphere that has went on for years and years.   She would and did whore out every angle, aspect and nook and cranny of the stadium.   There is nothing better than to see her getting stripped every day of more and more responsibilities with her job description becoming practically irrelevant.    At some point soon Polonsky's office may consist of that locker she's dedicated to herself alongside other members of the women's basketbal team.

What is Del Conte's address again?  He's on my Christmas card list now.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZanTheFan said:

Martin and his husband, Blake Macon, were married in Fort Worth in 2015.

Curveball!

I generally lol'd on this. Bravo.

Blake Macon sounds like a shitty author's attempt to name a southern detective who is called to respond to the murder of the very conservative mayor who ... wait for it.... who was also his secret boyfriend! What?! All the signs eventually point to him as his personal life, his marriage, and his professional life unravel.

Possible names of novel:

Southern Comfort

Deep Fried Justice

or....

Confederates of the Butt

Spoiler alert: It was the boyfriend/Mayor who killed himself to protect his wife and kids and framed Macon because he would have uncovered his scheme of embezzlement. Sorry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I generally lol'd on this. Bravo.

Blake Macon sounds like a shitty author's attempt to name a southern detective who is called to respond to the murder of the very conservative mayor who ... wait for it.... who was also his secret boyfriend! What?! All the signs eventually point to him as his personal life, his marriage, and his professional life unravel.

Possible names of novel:

Southern Comfort

Deep Fried Justice

or....

Confederates of the Butt

Spoiler alert: It was the boyfriend/Mayor who killed himself to protect his wife and kids and framed Macon because he would have uncovered his scheme of embezzlement. Sorry.

I laughed.  That is, indeed, precisely the image that the name Blake Macon conjures.  Well done!

And even though I now know how the story ends, I'd still read it.  Well, let's be honest, I'd watch the movie of it, but only if Matthew McConaghy played Blake Macon.

Edited by utee94

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What did Martin do? Marketing, right?

Marketing and Licensing.  The funny thing is that he and his husband were recently featured in video that was part of a series about how great Fort Worth is and how much they like it here.  Some chamber of commerce type thing I think.  Oh well, he's welcome to come back and visit I guess.  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

"Texas was the only university in Division I, II or III, with a women’s athletic director — Chris Plonsky — but is now merging men’s and women’s athletics with Del Conte over everything.

Plonsky will now serve as “chief of staff” over student services, which includes areas such as academic services and compliance, sources said, adding Plonsky will remain the primary liaison to women’s basketball."

CDC is running the show now

The definitive dangerous liaison