Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

that's b.s.

at halftime of the first LHN game (Rice at DKR) Plonsky was asked about the thousands of people having to watch on streams in bars and at home watching online, because they had no access to LHN.

plonsky's response: "that's not possible, that's a pirate station"

LHN is/was ESPN's anchor to keep Texas from becoming a Fox property. 

Plonsky has done fuckall since gaining the crown other than ensure lesbian hires are hired.

She specialized in bitchassedness for anyone trying to get anything done for the football team, with multiple hires concentrating on making marketing and electronic asset creation and propagation as hard as possible.

And under her watch, with the exception of Volleyball, our former dominance of women's title9 sports has cratered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I've never understood why Neb fans bitch about that play like they were cheated.

I find it extremely gratifying that they're so butthurt about it.  I'd rather us have blown them out that day, but since the game was so close and since Suh was determined to toss around our o-line and Colt like ragdolls all night long, then I'm perfectly fine with how excruciating the ending turned out for them.  Their "best fans ever" were a bunch of incredible assholes before, during, and after that game.  Screw 'em.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

This is fantastic news re: Polonsky. She is directly responsible for the nauseating garbage and pollution of the game day atmosphere that has went on for years and years.   She would and did whore out every angle, aspect and nook and cranny of the stadium.   There is nothing better than to see her getting stripped every day of more and more responsibilities with her job description becoming practically irrelevant.    At some point soon Polonsky's office may consist of that locker she's dedicated to herself alongside other members of the women's basketbal team.

What is Del Conte's address again?  He's on my Christmas card list now.  

Ms Plonsky, If you could go ahead and move your desk down to the basement that would be great.  

Edited by stork642

Guest Lobo

Ask Vinson & Elkins how critical Plonsky was in negotiating the LHN deal with Disney/ABC.  V&E was the outside counsel specifically retained by UT/Board of Regents/System to get the deal done with the best terms possible.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ask Vinson & Elkins how critical Plonsky was in negotiating the LHN deal with Disney/ABC.  V&E was the outside counsel specifically retained by UT/Board of Regents/System to get the deal done with the best terms possible.  

Seems like that would probably be protected by attorney-client privilege.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that's b.s.

at halftime of the first LHN game (Rice at DKR) Plonsky was asked about the thousands of people having to watch on streams in bars and at home watching online, because they had no access to LHN.

plonsky's response: "that's not possible, that's a pirate station"

LHN is/was ESPN's anchor to keep Texas from becoming a Fox property. 

Plonsky has done fuckall since gaining the crown other than ensure lesbian hires are hired.

She specialized in bitchassedness for anyone trying to get anything done for the football team, with multiple hires concentrating on making marketing and electronic asset creation and propagation as hard as possible.

And under her watch, with the exception of Volleyball, our former dominance of women's title9 sports has cratered.

Yet most our games are on Fox networks now

5 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

But, but, but... without Plonsky, I would have a different username. 

Really?  I mean, I despise Plonsky as much as the next sane human, but Wally needed to go years before he did.  I loved him in his prime, but he was embarrassing his last few years.

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

disney is primary for the big12 and the sec.  fox has the b1g and the pac.

we're on fox alot because we've been sucking.  start winning again and we're the 6pm espn b12 game half the season.

True.

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I've never understood why Neb fans bitch about that play like they were cheated.

Because they got a second back at the end of the game to kick a FG to win the 1993 National Championship and their kicker shanked it. It brings up bad memories.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Hey congrats on picking up another Nebraska athletic dept reject.  How many is that now, 5?

No idea. I would have to pay attention to Big 10 Nebraska to know that and that is more boredom than one person can tolerate.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

disney is primary for the big12 and the sec.  fox has the b1g and the pac.

we're on fox alot because we've been sucking.  start winning again and we're the 6pm espn b12 game half the season.

Fox gets first pick for Big 12 around half the time

CBS is primary for the SEC

There is no 6 pm Big 12 game on ESPN (it's an SEC game)

They were mad because the refs made precisely the right call.  Weird bunch.

I'm pretty sure after the game I got 'suh'd' by a Nebraska fan. Don't remember much but screaming at every person wearing red "corn fuckers!"

Lost my flask, woke up with blood on my jacket and skinned up hands. O well it was worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I guess I missed this.  Did Plonsky push Pryor out of the booth? 

That’s what was being said at the time.

During a Texas game on Raycom or whatever, I was staring at my computer, wondering what to call myself as I registered on Hornfans. It was halftime, and they had a brief shot of the band performing. The field mic picked up DJ Bob Cole excitedly pimping the LHB, and I instinctively typed “ImissWallyPryor” as my username. 

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Because they got a second back at the end of the game to kick a FG to win the 1993 National Championship and their kicker shanked it. It brings up bad memories.

That was back when there was no instant replay to allow for resetting the play clock. Annnnd, when they placed the ball for the FG attempt, they put it 5 yards closer to the goal line. NU still missed it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That was back when there was no instant replay to allow for resetting the play clock. Annnnd, when they placed the ball for the FG attempt, they put it 5 yards closer to the goal line. NU still missed it. 

There were multiple other calls before that one that determined the outcome of the game.  In other words,

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Good article that, if true, joins many of the pieces of the puzzle.

However, his tone regarding Tom Hermann seems to have changed since his hit piece on the eve of NSD1:

The result was a more personable coaching staff, a 33-16 victory over Mizzou and a more unified locker room.”

He left himself some wiggle room where he can claim that “things changed” between his earlier article and the bowl game. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

OB:

* While it made news last week that 13 people had been eliminated from the athletic department as part of an effort to trim the historically obscene number of people working inside the Texas AD, I'm told that very quietly a number of other people inside the department have left in the last few months and that the department is actually either close to or under the 400-person mark. The person I spoke with felt like there might still be some more trimming, but that the majority of the trimming had probably already occurred prior to these 13 dismissals.

* This person could not say enough good things about Chris Del Conte. "He's everywhere," this source said. We joked about the topic from the board last week which had people choosing between Del Conte or Tom Herman in a hypothetical world where you could have only one. In this person's estimate, Del Conte was the easy and clear choice, which I think speaks volumes about the confidence in the athletic department under the new AD.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:16 AM, TrashMaster G said:

Holy crap on a cracker!

If you can't see the line between this data and the $12 for a plate of nachos at Disch-Falk, you aren't using your imagination.

Last week we were up there for my son's freshman orientation and I couldn't believe how many people are employed as assistants and in supportive roles.  I had always wondered what they did with all the money that is being charged for tuition now compared to 20-30 years ago.  I think I understand now.

56 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Last week we were up there for my son's freshman orientation and I couldn't believe how many people are employed as assistants and in supportive roles.  I had always wondered what they did with all the money that is being charged for tuition now compared to 20-30 years ago.  I think I understand now.

$0 of student tuition goes to the athletic department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Think again because you don't. 

Go check out the newest dorms + the pool at Gregory + the new Student Union + how many Vice Presidents and their staff are in the Tower.  That's where the money is going.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

That’s not how tuition works.

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Think again because you don't. 

Go check out the newest dorms + the pool at Gregory + the new Student Union + how many Vice Presidents and their staff are in the Tower.  That's where the money is going.

This, along with the Legislature slashing the shit out of funding public schools at every level.