2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

In a battle of undefeated teams, North Shore is up 38-0 over Pearland Dawson in the 3rd quarter.  Wow.  I figured NS would win, but not like this.  Dawson beat some good teams this year and won a stout district with Shadow Creek, Pearland and Dickinson.

North Shore is on 7a level. 

Fighting Colt McCoys take state. 

In 6A, PSJA North covid taps out to SA Taft. Remember the name Ale Aparicio for PSJA North. Dude started at QB as a freshman this year and has some Johnny Football to him. He could be a great one.

And knowing almost nothing about Argyle, I can tell you they will steamroll Lindale. Argyle has had a machine-like run through their tough schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some great contests so far in the State Championship Games.   I know getting to play in jerry World is very cool for the teams and communities involved, as well as providing controlled conditions for both the teams and the fans. As someone who has sat through my share of cold ass December games in the rain, sleet, or blue northers; I still like to think about where the "neutral site" games might have been.

Balmorhea vs Richland Springs; Grande Communications Stadium, Midland or Big Spring

Sterling City vs May; Shotwell in Abilene

Windthorst vs Mart; Pennington Field in Bedford or Tarleton in Stephenville

Post vs Shiner;Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood or Stephenville

Canadian vs Franklin; Shotwell in Abilene

Jim Ned vs Halletsville; Waco ISD or McLane Stadium

Gilmer vs Carthage; Lobo Stadium in Longview

Argyle vs Lindale; Newsome at Mansfield or Waxahachie... or they probably would have agreed to play at The Star in Frisco or Jerry World

Again, just for nostalgia's sake...

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Some great contests so far in the State Championship Games.   I know getting to play in jerry World is very cool for the teams and communities involved, as well as providing controlled conditions for both the teams and the fans. As someone who has sat through my share of cold ass December games in the rain, sleet, or blue northers; I still like to think about where the "neutral site" games might have been.

Balmorhea vs Richland Springs; Grande Communications Stadium, Midland or Big Spring

Sterling City vs May; Shotwell in Abilene

Windthorst vs Mart; Pennington Field in Bedford or Tarleton in Stephenville

Post vs Shiner;Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood or Stephenville

Canadian vs Franklin; Shotwell in Abilene

Jim Ned vs Halletsville; Waco ISD or McLane Stadium

Gilmer vs Carthage; Lobo Stadium in Longview

Argyle vs Lindale; Newsome at Mansfield or Waxahachie... or they probably would have agreed to play at The Star in Frisco or Jerry World

Again, just for nostalgia's sake...

In normal years Jerryworld also provides more money to the teams involved due to the size of crowds.

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

In normal years Jerryworld also provides more money to the teams involved due to the size of crowds.

More like the TV money and the ad revenue from their main sponsors to where you see the endless same commercials  helps pay the bills to get the teams to Jerryworld , along with the band, etc.   It's the TV deal Fox Sports has with the UIL that keeps this thing the way it is and if that went away or moved  to a  streaming like event where the only classes that would get covered would be the 6A's like it once was, the desire to have the central location would subside.   Or the UIL might suddenly be interested in rotating the darn thing between San Antonio, Houston and Arlington like they should, but have found an out by suggesting San Antonio doesn't have the locker room capacity or Houston is not interested.      Make fricken Highland Park, Aledo, etc   travel at least once south of Waco  to experience what others have to do on annual basis while they get to maximize their prep time.   I don't give a crap that some argue the bulk of the teams who participate are from the DFW area or with in a reasonable drive so why not have it the DFW area .  That is a result of the way the regions are drawn and should have nothing to do with where the even is held on an annual basis.  The money the gate brings in along with paying $20 bucks for parking and $10 for hot dogs is probably very small after all expenses are paid  (cost of operating the venue, staffing, utilities, etc. ) and Jerry gets his cut.   And I mean very small

Some of the lower class games are not well attended because for crying outload they are playing them on Wednesday which unfortunately makes it difficult during a normal year for the fans of a particular school or even interested fans from the general area where that school might be located to make the trip on short notice.  That's non sense too.  Maybe the UIL can learn something from this Covid thing and split the games up between two weekends, but I doubt it.   Yes they had to start Wednesday this year because of the symbolic nonsense called the Big 12 championship game.  Without that game, they could have very well started this on Thursday evening and had it wrapped up for Class 1A-4A by tomorrow evening.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1