Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

I guess we haven't sold our allotment yet?  I just got this email from the LF:

As a special benefit for being a Texas Football season ticket holder and one of our most loyal supporters, we are proud to give you access to purchase additional tickets for the AT&T Red River Showdown against Oklahoma on October 8 at Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas. Please note that tickets are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning TOMORROW at 10 a.m. Central (Friday, August 26).  As a Longhorn Foundation member ranked in the Top 5000,  you may purchase up to 6 additional Oklahoma tickets while supplies last. Tickets purchased are in addition to any Oklahoma tickets already purchased. 

To purchase tickets, please log in to your account at TexasSports.com/myaccount starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Tickets will only be sold online. You will be assigned the best available seats at the time of purchase. 

We can’t wait to see you back in Dallas as we renew this historic rivalry!     

Hook 'em, Horns!

2 hours ago, dittohead said:

As a special benefit for being a Texas Football season ticket holder and one of our most loyal supporters, we are proud to give you access to purchase additional tickets for the AT&T Red River Showdown against Oklahoma on October 8 at Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas. Please note that tickets are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning TOMORROW at 10 a.m. Central (Friday, August 26).  As a Longhorn Foundation member ranked in the Top 5000,  you may purchase up to 6 additional Oklahoma tickets while supplies last. Tickets purchased are in addition to any Oklahoma tickets already purchased. 

To purchase tickets, please log in to your account at TexasSports.com/myaccount starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Tickets will only be sold online. You will be assigned the best available seats at the time of purchase. 

We can’t wait to see you back in Dallas as we renew this historic rivalry!     

Hook 'em, Horns!

There have been overflow to available since 2008 when they expanded the stadium…

As a special benefit for being a Texas Football season ticket holder and one of our most loyal supporters, we are proud to give you access to purchase additional tickets for the AT&T Red River Showdown against Oklahoma on October 8 at Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas. Please note that tickets are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning TOMORROW at 10 a.m. Central (Friday, August 26).  As a Longhorn Foundation member ranked in the Top 5000,  you may purchase up to 6 additional Oklahoma tickets while supplies last. Tickets purchased are in addition to any Oklahoma tickets already purchased.    To purchase tickets, please log in to your account at TexasSports.com/myaccount starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Tickets will only be sold online. You will be assigned the best available seats at the time of purchase.    We can’t wait to see you back in Dallas as we renew this historic rivalry!        Hook 'em, Horns!

This is pretty typical. It doesn’t always make it through season ticket holders buying extra to get released to general public.

13 minutes ago, wood said:

Do those tickets always get bought out by season ticket holders, or do some tickets ever make it to public sale? 

No. I got some in 2017 in public sale.  I don't even think we sold out our allotment in a couple of the Charlie years.

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

No. I got some in 2017 in public sale.  I don't even think we sold out our allotment in a couple of the Charlie years.

Awesome. Thanks! I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when/if they go on sale. I did the season ticket thing again last year after a long time without them. Not doing that shit again. If I only go to one game a season, I want it to be Texas-ou. 

Edited by wood

14 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Just downloaded my tickets for this week to apple wallet but when I try to send to others in my group my wallet says sharing tickets not allowed by merchant.  Anyone else have this issue? Would rather not spend 1/2 day tomorrow on hold with the ticket office. 

Screenshot the ticket and send it to your friends that way. They can scan the screenshot.

22 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Just downloaded my tickets for this week to apple wallet but when I try to send to others in my group my wallet says sharing tickets not allowed by merchant.  Anyone else have this issue? Would rather not spend 1/2 day tomorrow on hold with the ticket office. 

Does the recipient have Apple wallet?

43 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

I think the only official way to transfer them is directly through the UT app or website, not from apple wallet.

But I do think screenshots will work just fine.

31 minutes ago, Roofle said:

Screenshot the ticket and send it to your friends that way. They can scan the screenshot.

Just fyi, at the Moody Center for Kevin Hart, they issued electronic tickets that won't work as a screenshot. There was some kind of bar scanning back and forth across the barcode, which I guess has to show up in order for the ticket to work. Looked kinda like a copy maching scanning back and forth continuously. I dunno if that was just for Kevin Hart, or if it's a Moody Center thing, and if it might be something coming down the pipe for all UT tickets.

This move to all electronic ticketing sucks ass. 

Edited by wood

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Just fyi, at the Moody Center for Kevin Hart, they issued electronic tickets that won't work as a screenshot. There was some kind of bar scanning back and forth across the barcode, which I guess has to show up in order for the ticket to work. Looked kinda like a copy maching scanning back and forth continuously. I dunno if that was just for Kevin Hart, or if it's a Moody Center thing, and if it might be something coming down the pipe for all UT tickets.

This move to all electronic ticketing sucks ass. 

Game tickets are basic QR codes nothing fancy like the kevin hart ones. They are just like the ones from last season. I just checked mine

Edited by Tex48

15 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I think the only official way to transfer them is directly through the UT app or website, not from apple wallet.

But I do think screenshots will work just fine.

Thanks! Only transferred tickets once last year and you’re correct, have to do it through the UT app. Worked this time! 

• 6 months later...

I have been a season ticket holder for 7-8 years now and never really paid attention to the loyalty points.  Well finally logged into my account with the expectation to see all the points I accrued over the years.  Well I finally clued into the fact UT only calculates points based upon what you spend in a single year (excluding the single point you get for every year you are a season ticket holder).  So yeah, I'll always have shitty Tx-OU tix and no access to bama tix this year

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s based on cumulative donations since 1986.  A certain number of points for each $100 in addition to the 1 point for each year.

Not from what I've read, maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly but the only carry over seems to be the number of years someone has been a season ticket holder

5 hours ago, allrightallrightallright said:

Fuck yeah, but the time I'm 90 I might be able to get some shade at Tx Ou

Falling further down the Loyalty Points ranking is inevitable unless you really open your pocketbooks for the categories other than Annual Fund Seat-related Gifts.

Using the Priority Points Calculator, I could donate $1,000 each to the Longhorn Excellence, Endowment Gifts, and Capital Projects Gifts ($3,000 total if my maths is right) to earn the 150 points necessary to regain the approximate ranking I had last year.

UT Loyalty Points punishes the truly loyal, longtime fans in favor of newer donors. I said 25 years ago that UT should have started indexing the annual contributions like aggy does (or was doing in the 90s) because Bellmont would eventually tire of giving people the same seats for the same old donation.

I have at one family member who has donated $5,000/year for 30+ years. If I donated $2,000 plus the $3,000 in my example above, I would pass them up in Loyalty Points while my cumulative giving would be way less. This has not gone unnoticed, and this family member vows to write UT out of their will. Even if they don’t, they won’t leave as much and won’t be playing the Loyalty Points game.

I know I won’t be playing. If I ever fall below the level necessary to get CFBP tickets or Texas-OU seats in the shade, I’ll probably just scalp tickets. I won’t give up my season ticket seats, though. That would be letting The Man win. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have been a season ticket holder since 2007.  I pay only the price for the tickets.  Last year my seats got moved (downgraded from north end zone to southeast corner).  The price has continually gone up.  The increase this year was in the face of a much worse home schedule compared to last year. I enjoy the games but eventually they will break me.  I understand they are only increasing my price because there are other people willing to pay more, which is surprising considering how crummy our teams have been over the last 12 years.  I wish loyalty was worth something but am not surprised they don’t value it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

27 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Then reality slaps us in the face.

I suppose the only part that really gets to me is that they call them “loyalty” points, when anyone can literally just buy them and step in front of longer term supporters.  That’s like, the opposite of loyalty.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

I suppose the only part that really gets to me is that they call them “loyalty” points, when anyone can literally just buy them and step in front of longer term supporters.  That’s like, the opposite of loyalty.

Which is a major reason why I am much less emotionally vested in sports teams these days. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:22 AM, Snake Diggity said:

I have been a season ticket holder since 2007.  I pay only the price for the tickets.  Last year my seats got moved (downgraded from north end zone to southeast corner).  The price has continually gone up.  The increase this year was in the face of a much worse home schedule compared to last year. I enjoy the games but eventually they will break me.  I understand they are only increasing my price because there are other people willing to pay more, which is surprising considering how crummy our teams have been over the last 12 years.  I wish loyalty was worth something but am not surprised they don’t value it.

Shocked at how much better the N Endzone was compared to sec 31. 

Anyone else having trouble with the online renewal process?  I have tried several times over the last week or so, and always hit some dead end: "unable to process the request", "this site cannot be reached", etc.   One time I got as far as the checkout screen before it crapped out. 

On 3/13/2023 at 12:01 PM, Horndog said:

Anyone else having trouble with the online renewal process?  I have tried several times over the last week or so, and always hit some dead end: "unable to process the request", "this site cannot be reached", etc.   One time I got as far as the checkout screen before it crapped out. 

I had to call the ticket office to order my season tickets. I had already made my LHF donation, but the website wouldn’t let me continue to checkout because I deleted a duplicate LHF contribution that was prefilled in the cart. The response I got seemed to indicate I wasn’t the only one who had this problem. 

• 3 weeks later...