Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Thanks for the pricing guide it is very helpful. Is there any priority given to renewal vs new holders? In other words, is there a reason to buy in this year ahead of when we go to sec and the schedule gets a lot more interesting?

I have no faith that they won’t change their policy, but I have been grandfathered into my donation level ($0) since I became a season ticket holder in 2007.  My seats now require a $500/seat donation for people just starting out.  So in theory buying sooner locks in your donation price so the only price increases would be for the actual ticket prices.  But like I said it would not surprise me at all if they tell me to get fucked next season unless I donate the current required amount; they’ve shown they don’t actually gaf about loyalty.  Which sucks but I understand.

8 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Thanks for the pricing guide it is very helpful. Is there any priority given to renewal vs new holders? In other words, is there a reason to buy in this year ahead of when we go to sec and the schedule gets a lot more interesting?

I think there’s some point (it might have been last year) when your donation level is grandfathered going forward, but if you get in after that date your $1K/seat (for example) might go up to $2K the next year….

Part of the pitch to renew last year was that it was supposedly the last chance to lock in your donation level going forward. I would therefore assume that there’s no incentive to secure a certain donation level this year but I don’t really know if that’s the case. Beyond that, I don’t see how it makes much of a difference. Marginally better position for seat selection down the line I guess. And you’ll probably have less competition picking seats this year.

Frankly season tickets are a waste of money for standard seats. Maybe that changes in the SEC with more name brands in the schedule but most people would probably come out ahead just waiting until a day or two before a game to buy tickets on the secondary market - I certainly would be. Marquee home games like Bama or LSU are the possible exception. It’s mostly a convenience thing for us. Getting OU tickets at face also used to be a nice benefit but they continue to raise face value on those each year to the point that it doesn’t save you that much money now; but again, picking your seats and knowing you’re going to have them is a convenience.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Gottdammit! 😡

It was my appointed time to select parking passes early this afternoon. 
Was shocked & pissed to discover that the Brazos garage had sold out before noon today. 
We’ve been parking in there for the past 15 years, so it ticks me off to get booted by the fair weather sumbitches who apparently are showing up again. 
Was reduced to selecting the R garage with the rest of the riffraff.

fml

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Gottdammit! 😡

Was shocked & pissed to discover that the Brazos garage had sold out before noon today. 
We’ve been parking in there for the past 15 years, so it ticks me off to get booted by the fair weather sumbitches who apparently are showing up again. 

fml

Part of this is also due to the Yellow lots (lots 118/108 around the Erwin Center) being removed from the parking map.  We have parked there for several years and got notification that those lots are no longer available.  That most likely caused a rush of those people to find the closest lot or garage.  We had to move out to the East Campus Garage.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Gottdammit! 😡

fml

So I won’t be walking by your tailgate as I exit the garage next year I guess 

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So I won’t be walking by your tailgate as I exit the garage next year I guess 

We haven’t tailgated much at all since Covid started. 
Used to have a lot of family up there on the NE corner of the third floor.

F534A2FE-3134-41AB-8E9C-66D61AB9879E.jpeg

151C39E6-B397-450C-BA6E-103B45F0BC86.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/1/2023 at 4:13 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We've been parking in that garage for years, and I used to see you there all the time

23 hours ago, Zone Read said:

I've seen you guys there before as well when we used to park there.  My time slot was 1255 today.  Couldn't find the seats I wanted to upgrade to and had to settle for Trinity Garage.  Was hoping to get LBJ lots.

Why didn’t you drop in for some BBQ?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I missed the earlier window but does anyone know when they're going to offer season tickets again?

I'd call Texas Athletics. I assume they are going to do another sale after they sell tickets for Young Alumni. 

On 6/13/2023 at 10:09 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I missed the earlier window but does anyone know when they're going to offer season tickets again?

I don’t think they are, this was int he 40 acres newsletter this week. 

2023 football season tickets sold out!

With that, it’s so great to see all of you on board for the ride with our Football season ticket allotment already sold out! That’s the second-straight year you all have set the all-time season ticket record! 

The home schedule blows this year anyway. You’re starting at the bottom of the totem pole regardless, might as well wait until next year.

On 6/17/2023 at 1:20 PM, gmr548 said:

The home schedule blows this year anyway. You’re starting at the bottom of the totem pole regardless, might as well wait until next year.

Good advice. I'll probably just get a mini plan this year, if they offer and pick the games I'd like to go to that are home games. I think those are usually 1 non-con and 2 conference games. If so I'd go Wyoming, Kansas St, and Tech. If it's any 3 home games then definitely BYU, Kansas St, and Tech.

Had my selection window today at 12:20. Was tied up with work so couldn't get to it until 1:15, but when I got to my computer I had an email saying my seats had already been chosen, even though the email earlier said they'd be done automatically the morning after your selection day if you missed it.

Still ended up with decent Section 9 seats, but heads up for anyone if you can't make it right on time for your window.

16 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My slot is 3:10 on 6/30, but I’m expecting to be on the road all afternoon. The email said it won’t work on the mobile app, so I may have to trust the generous soles in Belmont to pick my seats. What could possibly go wrong?

Don't trust them. They'll walk all over you.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/23/2023 at 5:09 PM, hornbri said:

OU seat selection has started, be sure to check your email for your time slot. 

Damn, I saw this and got nervous cuz I didn’t see an email with my time slot.  I checked a few minutes ago and my selection date is July 18.  I’m like “WTF???”  Then I realized that I’m not part of the Surly 1% so I have to pick with the rest of the rabble.

34 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Damn, I saw this and got nervous cuz I didn’t see an email with my time slot.  I checked a few minutes ago and my selection date is July 18.  I’m like “WTF???”  Then I realized that I’m not part of the Surly 1% so I have to pick with the rest of the rabble.

You & me both.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Zone Read said:

I picked last Thursday. Pretty much could pick to sit wherever I wanted. I'm sure you're going to have plenty of great options. Hang in there!

• Haha 1

I'm just glad OU seat selection is online now. Having to write a note to the ticket office and waiting until August was dumb; and the way they are shamelessly escalating the prices on RRS tickets, letting you pick a seat is the least they can do.

18 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Spoke to a family member who missed her time slot. Bellmont picked seats that were almost identical to what she had requested in recent years, so tip o’ the hat to CDC’s crew.

Yeah they were pretty good about that before seat selection. I think I had literally the same seats for 4-5 straight years prior to the new selection process…

19 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

After the last couple of years of hot sunny days, I wasn't surprised to see shaded seats going first.  I would gladly roast in the sun all day if it meant another game like last year!

Texas Tech two years ago was fuckin bonkers. The weather forecast said like low 80s. Then it was 95+ and we were in the sun with a 1 year old. Lots of iced down towels and gatorade from the medical staff every break.

But we hung 72 on those dumb fucks so it was worth risking the life of my first born son

Edited by Zeus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

After the last couple of years of hot sunny days, I wasn't surprised to see shaded seats going first.  I would gladly roast in the sun all day if it meant another game like last year!

I gave up upper deck chair back seats on the 40 to sit lower level at the beginning of the endzone under the overhang.  Shade after 1030am.  Too old to roast in the direct sun for 4 hours.  Probably going to die at the ou game this year from the heat, hopefully after we hang 49 on them again this year.

Edited by Zone Read
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just finished with the selection process (it was easy).  I wanted Section 9 under the overhang, like I’ve had the past few years, but I chose Section 10. The available seats in 9 were a higher than I’ve had, so I went with Row 51 one section over. I didn’t want to risk columns being in my sight line.

My wife’s roommate’s dad was a SWC ref back in the 80s, and he gave them his comp seats in 1981. They were good seats except they were directly behind a column.

2023 Texas Football Mini-Plans will go on-sale Friday, July 14 at 10 a.m.

The Pick 3 Mini Plan includes 3 games of your choice from the following: Rice, Wyoming, Kansas, BYU, Kansas State, and Texas Tech. Seating is located in Tier 1 ($360), Tier 2 ($300), Tier 3 ($225) and Tier 4 ($195).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, 4th&Five said:

2023 Texas Football Mini-Plans will go on-sale Friday, July 14 at 10 a.m.

The Pick 3 Mini Plan includes 3 games of your choice from the following: Rice, Wyoming, Kansas, BYU, Kansas State, and Texas Tech. Seating is located in Tier 1 ($360), Tier 2 ($300), Tier 3 ($225) and Tier 4 ($195).

image.png.15d972d0c8c87a42e0c7b2def5130576.png

Pretty good seats and value for the cost I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:12 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.15d972d0c8c87a42e0c7b2def5130576.png

Pretty good seats and value for the cost I think.

If the locations are in order of the games above, your K-State seats are on the aisle.  I sat in those same seats one section over in 31 for about 10 years…

Edited by Ignatius

On 7/15/2023 at 1:51 PM, Horndog said:

We've been parking in the lot north of the Drum, but that's gone this year because of construction and I ended up in the Brazos garage. Can anyone share ideas for tailgating in that area? 

Join burnt ends and come tailgate with us