Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

OU tickets up to $200 each. These were like $150 just two years ago and you don’t have to go back that much farther for like $110. Kind of eating away at the value proposition on season tickets, but hey, I paid it so good for them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

OU tickets up to $200 each. These were like $150 just two years ago and you don’t have to go back that much farther for like $110. Kind of eating away at the value proposition on season tickets, but hey, I paid it so good for them.

I tried to figure out buying OU tickets today through my account. The LHF handler told me a few weeks ago that I'd get access to tickets in a few weeks but haven't heard from him since. When I login, I don't get the ability to apply for or buy OU tickets. Sounds like you were able to transact. I can't tell what the fuck is going on.

This has probably been mentioned already, but I just realized they are not offering OU tickets to anyone under the $500 donation level right now. I guess the demand has gotten too high. I am currently right under that donation level.

Sounds like I either need to pony up a little more $ or hope that they don't sell all of them and release some to other season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but I just realized they are not offering OU tickets to anyone under the $500 donation level right now. I guess the demand has gotten too high. I am currently right under that donation level.

Sounds like I either need to pony up a little more $ or hope that they don't sell all of them and release some to other season ticket holders.

Since the stadium expanded years ago there hasn’t ever been a year they didn’t eventually open up tickets to all season ticket holders regardless of donation level….

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

And they are increasing the amount held back for the university/visitors/recruits etc. Combining that with the price per ticket skyrocketing and top donors getting more tickets guaranteed, the value prop has basically disappeared. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'm sure I'll get mocked for this, but I'm far more than a magnitude above the $500 number and I haven't been offered OU tickets yet. I'm resigned to the notion that there's some sort of bizarre method to what they're doing and eventually everyone will get to take their pass at the OU game, among others. I'm more interested in getting a shot at Bama and UH tickets, frankly. 

10 hours ago, El Tri said:

i would buy UH tickets on the secondary market. shouldn't be a difficult/expensive ticket 

Cheapest tickets on stubhub are $145 each. Are we sure cougarhigh fans and Houston Longhorn fans aren't going to make this a very expensive game?

Edited by Tex48

Anyone have 17LL or 18LL tickets Longhorn Lounge or at least sat in them?  I've had East side lower deck 25 yd line for a while but I'm thinking about trying some other locations out via stubhub since there should be cheap tickets.  I know those sections are still in the sun but they have chairbacks in certain rows and they have the lounge area in the back if you want to get out of the sun for a bit.

I tried to figure out buying OU tickets today through my account. The LHF handler told me a few weeks ago that I'd get access to tickets in a few weeks but haven't heard from him since. When I login, I don't get the ability to apply for or buy OU tickets. Sounds like you were able to transact. I can't tell what the fuck is going on.

I'm sure I'll get mocked for this, but I'm far more than a magnitude above the $500 number and I haven't been offered OU tickets yet. I'm resigned to the notion that there's some sort of bizarre method to what they're doing and eventually everyone will get to take their pass at the OU game, among others. I'm more interested in getting a shot at Bama and UH tickets, frankly. 

I don’t know if you need the specific link or not, but maybe check your junk email. I just happened to catch the subject line as the first message on the promotions tab of gmail, not my regular inbox. If I’d have checked my email 15 minutes later and more ads had come in I’d never have seen it.

I was able to request largely the same as any other year. Of course it was just that, a request, not an actual purchase. I am at the $500 level and while I have never had an issue getting my 4 I’m definitely nowhere near the top of the list in terms of priority. Maybe they started the requests at the bottom for whatever reason. My name isn’t at the front of the alphabet or anything like that. I can’t imagine you’re in danger of not getting tickets but that is annoying. You’re in the right to expect much better service than that.

I also requested UH but I doubt that’ll get filled.

Has any requested the UH tickets? They’re $75 each plus the $30 processing fee. How good or bad do we expect the tickets to be? Are we better off buying them on the 3rd party market?

Request them if you can. There’s going to be a lot more demand from Texas fans than there is allotted to the school.

Will we still be placing our visitors in the upper NE corner of DKR?

From Secrant:

SEC Stadium Visitor Seating - UPDATED 2023

Posted on 4/12/23 at 11:28 am
up vote22down vote0
bkm1.png
SEC Stadium Visitor Seating

For anyone planning on going to any road games this upcoming year, I made a master list for where each SEC team designates as their visitor sections. All the information came from the school's official seating guides. Many ticket marketplaces like Ratemyseat.com have wrong or dated information for their visitor seating filter. If there is any information that needs to be updated, please give me a source and I'll change it on the list. Some school's information is harder to find than others since some don't directly show their visitor seating on their seating charts or have had recent renovations. Calls to the universities' ticket offices were made to verify information.

*UPDATED FOR 2023 FOOTBALL SEASON*

Alabama: All of Section NN, First 15 Rows of Section MM, Top 10 Rows of Sections NN2-NN13, Top 10 Rows of Sections SS7-SS13 Seating Chart

Arkansas: All of Section 120, Top 18 Rows of Sections 518-521 Seating Chart

Auburn: All of Section 36, Bottom Half of Sections 35-34, Top 15 Rows of Sections 111-114, Top 10 Rows of Sections 101-102, Top 15 Rows of Sections 47,48,49,60,61,62 Seating Chart

Florida: Bottom 6 Rows of Sections 36,38,40 (Typically Reserved for Visiting Parents/Family), All of Sections A & B, All of Sections 45,47,49, Right Side of Sections 43 & 44, Left Side of Section 51, Top 10 Rows of Sections 318-329 Seating Chart

Georgia: Bottom 22 Rows of Sections 101-103, All of Sections 601,602,603,611, Top 20 Rows of Sections 604-610 (aka 'Tech Deck') Seating Chart

Kentucky: All of Sections 12 & 13, Top 8 Rows of Section 14, Top 13 Rows of Sections 201-204 & 207-211 Seating Chart

LSU: All of Sections 402-404, All of Sections 641-643, Top 11 Rows of Sections 630-640 Seating Chart

Mississippi State: All of Sections 24 & 25, Top 14 Rows of Section 338-340 Seating Chart

Missouri: All of Section 101, All of Sections 301-304, 312-315, Top 8 Rows of 116 Seating Chart

Ole Miss: All of Sections S, S1, K, Top 28 Rows of Section R, Top 6 Rows of Section S11 Seating Chart

South Carolina: All of Sections 16 & 17, All of Section 501 (Including Visiting Students), Top 15 Rows of Section 502 Seating Chart

Tennessee: Bottom Half of Section A, Bottom Half of Section Z13-Z15, Top 10 Rows of Sections GG, HH Seating Chart

Texas A&M: All of Sections 130 & 131, Top 12 Rows of Sections 418-421 Seating Chart

Vanderbilt: All of Sections U & V Seating Chart

RECENT CHANGES FOR 2023: SEC required allotment has shrunk down to only 750 seats in the lower bowl. Auburn has dedicated section 37 as 'Young Alumni' seating, which was historically used for visitors. Kentucky has removed section 14 from the visitor allotment. Mississippi State has re-labeled all upper-deck sections and has switched the upper-deck visitor seating to the same side as the lower bowl seating. Mizzou has removed the lower bowl visitor family seating area at mid-field and allocated additional seating in the upper-deck. Tennessee has removed much of its former visitor seating in the upper-decks, only sections GG & HH remain. As of 2021, visiting students can now expect a generic SEC branded ticket stub for away games as opposed to the individually supplied ticket stubs from the hosting institution. Example of an Auburn student ticket for 2021 Auburn vs. South Carolina game in Columbia, SC.

37 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’m betting there will be a huge demand for this game.

35 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

yeah. hotel rooms in Tuscaloosa are over $1,000 a night for decent places. can't afford that, so I'm in Birmingham. 

I talked to my friend that works in the AD at Bama today about getting tickets and they said they could get me two for face value in a Bama area near recruits, which is awesome. They also said getting anything under $1000/night in the town for that weekend is basically just fantasy at this point. Should have bitten the bullet on committing to go earlier than this, clearly. I can't figure out if I want to deal with the Birmingham drive or drop $3500 to stay in Tuscaloosa and have it easy to hang out with old friends.

Small town SEC bullshit sucks already.

It's about the same to Tuscaloosa as it is to El Paso, so maybe I'll do what my roommate and I did for the Sun Bowl while we were in school.  We drove all night to and got to the stadium early in the morning and then slept in the car in the parking lot until game time.  Then we drove straight back to Austin after the game.

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It's about the same to Tuscaloosa as it is to El Paso, so maybe I'll do what my roommate and I did for the Sun Bowl while we were in school.  We drove all night to and got to the stadium early in the morning and then slept in the car in the parking lot until game time.  Then we drove straight back to Austin after the game.

@SydneyCarton, another buddy, and I got invited out to watch Bama play (buttfuck) Florida in 2014. We had flights scheduled but a massive storm system between Houston and Tuscaloosa had flights getting canceled all day when we were trying to get there, so we threw our stuff in one of our cars and took off. We ended up staying one night in Biloxi and gambling for quite awhile. It was fun. It's a boring ass drive otherwise, I know that much.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to my friend that works in the AD at Bama today about getting tickets and they said they could get me two for face value in a Bama area near recruits, which is awesome. They also said getting anything under $1000/night in the town for that weekend is basically just fantasy at this point. Should have bitten the bullet on committing to go earlier than this, clearly. I can't figure out if I want to deal with the Birmingham drive or drop $3500 to stay in Tuscaloosa and have it easy to hang out with old friends.

Small town SEC bullshit sucks already.

56 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

yeah. hotel rooms in Tuscaloosa are over $1,000 a night for decent places. can't afford that, so I'm in Birmingham. 

Our daughter goes to Alabama so we are well acquainted with overpriced game weekend rooms.  The best western is an absolute, mold infested shithole and you'll be lucky to get a room there for 3 figures/night.  

There is a cool hotel near Birmingham we often stay in on these occasions, Ross Bridge.  A very nice golf course.  About 45-50 minutes to Tuscaloosa, except the traffic on I20 will be stupid on the way back after the game. I think my wife booked our room last fall at Springhill Suites

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Our daughter goes to Alabama so we are well acquainted with overpriced game weekend rooms.  The best western is an absolute, mold infested shithole and you'll be lucky to get a room there for 3 figures/night.  

There is a cool hotel near Birmingham we often stay in on these occasions, Ross Bridge.  A very nice golf course.  About 45-50 minutes to Tuscaloosa, except the traffic on I20 will be stupid on the way back after the game. I think my wife booked our room last fall at Springhill Suites

I’m booked at the Springhill Suites downtown; any decent bars nearby?

Edited by Ignatius

8 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I’m booked at the Springhill Suites downtown; any decent bars nearby?

Most of the good restaurants and bars are near the strip aka the “entertainment district”.  You can walk around with open containers and leave the restaurant with a drink so long as you stay in that area.  My wife like this quirky little dive called Nocturnal Tavern, it’s near Rhythm and a few other bars. It’s a little hard I find but the locals will point you in the right direction.

The book “rammer jammer yellowhammer” predates their recent dynasty and is really good.

I remember one chapter about some rich guy who would stand by the tunnel at the end of the game and book it to that airport right when the clock hit zero and time himself trying to get home fastest. I can’t remember where he lived though.

Good book to read before this trip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

The book “rammer jammer yellowhammer” predates their recent dynasty and is really good.

I remember one chapter about some rich guy who would stand by the tunnel at the end of the game and book it to that airport right when the clock hit zero and time himself trying to get home fastest. I can’t remember where he lived though.

Good book to read before this trip.

Think he lived in Montgomery….

22 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I remember one chapter about some rich guy who would stand by the tunnel at the end of the game and book it to that airport right when the clock hit zero and time himself trying to get home fastest.

I didn’t think my dad ever attended a Bama game. But, you said “rich guy,” so it must be another eccentric guy. 

For the rich people aka CTJ. How much are the box seats?

They said I need to call the longhorn foundation and have to pay to even get on the waitlist and then donate again. So what are we looking at here price wise? And how long is the waitlist, years?

The week after last year’s game I impulsively bought two nights at the Tuscaloosa Howard Johnson for $156 total. Going to be real shitty but fuck it, when in Rome. Helps when trying to stomach the price for the tickets off stubhub.

Living like a local!

6 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So I’ve been thinking about starting in on the season ticket holder thing. What’s the process for a newb to this? How much should a person be expected to spend for halfway decent seats?

Define halfway decent. I’m on the west side under the overhang and my tickets are about $1000 per year. You can get something without shade for less for sure, but it’s been nice since my group moved to section 8 a few years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

2 tix for $1000 ? Or is there a LHF donation in addition?

$1000 per each, but includes ticket price and minimum donation. It’s something like a mandatory $350 donation plus the price of ticket, which can go up or down depending on number of games. Was about $100 less a couple years ago when we had one less home game. To be fair though I used to sit on the east side upper deck so I consider these to be better than decent, but that may have you a frame of reference for what lower bowl west side may look like. 

Edited by Etexhorn13

I think sections 2 and 7 are donations of $500 per seat. You jump inside that it may go to $2,500 per for the donation. Section 3 is the seat backs and presumably 6 on the north end. That was the previous locked in price. Not sure where it is this year.

The rows in the 50s or 60s so get under the overhang. The higher you get the less air flow/breeze you get.

15 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

$1000 per each, but includes ticket price and minimum donation. It’s something like a mandatory $350 donation plus the price of ticket, which can go up or down depending on number of games. Was about $100 less a couple years ago when we had one less home game. To be fair though I used to sit on the east side upper deck so I consider these to be better than decent, but that may have you a frame of reference for what lower bowl west side may look like. 

Loved my uper deck east side seats in 128 and was really bummed when we had to move after four years in the young alumni program. 

15 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

2 tix for $1000 ? Or is there a LHF donation in addition?

https://texassports.com/sports/2015/3/7/tickets_0307152401.aspx

Here's a pricing map. Easier to just look at that since "decent seats" are subjective.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://texassports.com/sports/2015/3/7/tickets_0307152401.aspx
Here's a pricing map. Easier to just look at that since "decent seats" are subjective.

Thanks for the pricing guide it is very helpful. Is there any priority given to renewal vs new holders? In other words, is there a reason to buy in this year ahead of when we go to sec and the schedule gets a lot more interesting?