Trump really is driving people crazy

F250

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hey fuck you very much .  You'd have elected the  biggest, corrupt POS in American politics so you're welcome  that didn't come to pass .

BUT HILLARY!!!

And just to shed a little more light on your insipid, hyperbolic rhetoric, were Richard Nixon to have lived through 2008, he would have taken an honest look at Hillary Clinton and said of her "HA! Fucking minor leaguer," at least as it pertained to the corruption department.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Fuck You 1

I've been on record multiple times that if Mueller finishes up and declares dotus innocent, I'll have to seriously re-evaluate my world view.  Everything points to him being guilty as fuck.  Everything.  I try to live my life in a very logical manner.  All logic points to him being guilty as fuck.  If he's not, then I have an existential crisis that I'll have to confront.  I'm prepared for that.  I don't think it is likely to happen though.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hey fuck you very much .  You'd have elected the  biggest, corrupt POS in American politics so you're welcome  that didn't come to pass .

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

instead, as a nation, we are left with the biggest corrupt POS in american politics. awesome.

this is fine.

*whisper*

both sides

*whisper*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

*whisper*

both sides

*whisper*

Yeah both sides do it. I don't know that I've called Hillary voters POS, Idiots and boot lickers maybe, but not POS.  I've never said I'm happy  trump is president, but I'm damned happy somebody that tried to corrupt our system of gov't the way Hillary did her entire career FOR DAMNED SURE ISN;T.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah both sides do it. I don't know that I've called Hillary voters POS, Idiots and boot lickers maybe, but not POS.  I've never said I'm happy  trump is president, but I'm damned happy somebody that tried to corrupt our system of gov't the way Hillary did her entire career FOR DAMNED SURE ISN;T.

But you put up zero argument or fight against Trump.  Zero.

You don't get to "both sides" when you lick the boots of one side like you do.

If Hillary had won, I'd be glad that a POS like Trump isn't our president...but I'd still have to deal with the fact that a POS like Hillary IS our president, and I'd have spoken out against every bit of bullshittery I expect she would have engaged in.

You say you've never said you're happy that Trump is president, but you've done nothing but gleefully bask in the glory of Trump.  You're a POS.  Just like your orange God.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But you put up zero argument or fight against Trump.  Zero.

You don't get to "both sides" when you lick the boots of one side like you do.

If Hillary had won, I'd be glad that a POS like Trump isn't our president...but I'd still have to deal with the fact that a POS like Hillary IS our president, and I'd have spoken out against every bit of bullshittery I expect she would have engaged in.

You say you've never said you're happy that Trump is president, but you've done nothing but gleefully bask in the glory of Trump.  You're a POS.  Just like your orange God.

What does it matter what I say. According to you we're all doomed to die ,America is done, stick a fork in it.  Hillary was a POS corrupt, criminal who gamed the system for her gain at ever turn in her career. She had no business being rewarded with that high position, and her defeat was hopefully a lesson to others who try her tactics.

I really do wish it were someone else who had defeated her besides Trump I mean, the electoral college did a bang up job. So my vote while it don't affect the outcome was echoed by enough folks who really didn't want her at the helm even if it meant Trmp would win.  So the whole POS call out, fuck you , you self righteous jack hole. 

And, had our FBI and our DOJ gone after her with the zeal its going after Trump we might have had a different democrat nominee.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

What does it matter what I say. According to you we're all doomed to die ,America is done, stick a fork in it.  Hillary was a POS corrupt, criminal who gamed the system for her gain at ever turn in her career. She had no business being rewarded with that high position, and her defeat was hopefully a lesson to others who try her tactics.

I really do wish it were someone else who had defeated her besides Trump I mean, the electoral college did a bang up job. So my vote while it don't affect the outcome was echoed by enough folks who really didn't want her at the helm even if it meant Trmp would win.  So the whole POS call out, fuck you , you self righteous jack hole. 

None of that rebuts the fact that you're a Trump fellating POS.

The time is long past for us to call pieces of shit like you what they are -- pieces of shit.

Hate hillary all you want.  Plenty of folks share that sentiment (maybe not to the same degree, but certainly the sentiment in general) -- me included.

But enable and excuse Trump like you do, and you prove yourself to be a huge piece of shit.  History and all of eternity will know you for what you are.  A shitstain on history.

• Like 2

I'd rather Trump succeeded rather that the alternative, because it's best for the country if he's good at his job, but his words and actions have made it clear he is not capable of being a part of something larger than himself. I don't really care if he ends up being removed from office or not. I find it highly unlikely he will win re-election after this term if and when he makes it to the end.

What really bothers me the most is what Hugo said, the cavalier attacks on our democracy and on our allies' soil by foreign powers that the GOP can't seem to find it in themselves to acknowledge.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

None of that rebuts the fact that you're a Trump fellating POS.

The time is long past for us to call pieces of shit like you what they are -- pieces of shit.

Hate hillary all you want.  Plenty of folks share that sentiment (maybe not to the same degree, but certainly the sentiment in general) -- me included.

But enable and excuse Trump like you do, and you prove yourself to be a huge piece of shit.  History and all of eternity will know you for what you are.  A shitstain on history.

Well you're wrong yet again. Me loving that Hillary didn't win and you fuckers crying vaginas weeping about it all the time is what I've done pretty consistently . Show me where I've supported him other than to say I'm happy Hillary lost.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I didn't say that conservatives are pieces of shit.  Please cite where I said that.

I said that shitheels who support Trump and say shit like mexicans are the real problem, Soros pays all those black folks to protest, etc., are giant pieces of shit.  There are plenty of conservatives who do NOT think that way.  Those folks no longer have a place in the GOP and the party of Trump.

I do my thing.  But I was raised to give a shit about my country.  When I see Trump and his army of shitheads doing all they can to wreck it, it pisses me off.  If you aren't pissed off, you aren't paying attention.

Your entire second paragraph references “y’all” and “you”. I’m to assume you’re talking about someone else? Then next time choose more appropriate pronouns.

I know many conservatives that are active in the GOP and, like myself, voted for Trump. Your phrasing of the current problems facing our area are incorrect, as we don’t blame mexicans for the lack of a border, we simply want it fixed. Also, many don’t even know or care who Soros is, let alone care about the protestors. We simply chuckle and get back to work, as we would most likely utilize our time off differently. 

We knew what we were getting in Trump and also knew it could be rocky. We were willing to take that chance, time will tell if we were wrong. But pieces of shit? That’s the kind of rhetoric that allows the mania to persist. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Your entire second paragraph references “y’all” and “you”. I’m to assume you’re talking about someone else? Then next time choose more appropriate pronouns.

I know many conservatives that are active in the GOP and, like myself, voted for Trump. Your phrasing of the current problems facing our area are incorrect, as we don’t blame mexicans for the lack of a border, we simply want it fixed. Also, many don’t even know or care who Soros is, let alone care about the protestors. We simply chuckle and get back to work, as we would most likely utilize our time off differently. 

We knew what we were getting in Trump and also knew it could be rocky. We were willing to take that chance, time will tell if we were wrong. But pieces of shit? That’s the kind of rhetoric that allows the mania to persist. 

Knowing what we know about Trump now, do you still support him?

If you do, you're a piece of shit.  I'm quite comfortable with that conclusion.

• Like 2

“Time will tell if we’re wrong”. Lol. Buddy, if you don’t think that there are mountains of proof that this has already been the most corrupt administration in history (never mind damage done with actual policies) then I don’t know what to tell you. Just because Congress has abdicated it’s role in holding Trump accountable for things like obstructing justice, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. But sure - take your time. 

48 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

He called Nazis “very fine people.” Time has already fucking spoken on the matter. You were and are wrong.

Me loving that Hillary didn't win and you fuckers crying vaginas weeping about it all the time is what I've done pretty consistently

No, what you've done consistently is to delude yourself into thinking that this shit is some fucking game and that you are "winning." You have an incurable case of Dunning-Kruger the likes of which I haven't seen since Kent Hovind.

• Fuck You 1

It's incredible that the talking point is we are angry because "Hillary didn't win".  It's all about shitbag Trump. 

Hillary's done. She's gone.  She's rarely been mentioned in the Cloak Room or Surly for almost a year and half, outside of the "Gary Johnson voters" who still obsess over her.  It'd be a fascinating phenomenon if it wasn't so stupid. 

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Knowing what we know about Trump now, do you still support him?

If you do, you're a piece of shit.  I'm quite comfortable with that conclusion.

Yes, I’m goin to assess his job performance after his first term. 

As for the name calling and hysterics, it’s both unnecessary and uninteresting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

<snip>

And, had our FBI and our DOJ gone after her with the zeal its going after Trump we might have had a different democrat nominee.

This part right here for absolute certainty of truth.

Which begs the question:

Is Trump's DOJ using a higher standard than Obama's?  Trump's guys recused but Obama's(gal) didn't.  Obama's FBI flaunted the law with the expectation that Hillary would be the next president.(listen/read Comey's explanations)

Why does it matter who will be the next President wrt to how you treat an investigation?(Comey more than implied his treatment of Clinton was because she was the likely next PotUS.)  

Rosenstein is doing all the right things as far as I can tell since Sessions is recused on all things Russia(Mueller).

Should you be called a POS if you supported an Administration worse than Trump's on these items?  (not to mention enforcing the law differences)

Edited by zork

18 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

"I'll assess the captain of Titanic's job performance after we arrive in New York [glug, glug, drowning noises]."

I've seen plenty.  He's unfit.  In pretty much every possible way.  We could wait until the end of his term to evaluate his performance, but -- and here's a wacky notion -- maybe we'll have a better outcome if we ditch the shitty captain BEFORE we hit the iceberg and sink to our watery grave?  

I don't care if you find the fact that you're a piece of shit interesting, or not.  I expect that you don't want to confront or acknowledge that ugly truth - I get it, shame is a powerful motivator.  But that doesn't make the truth any less true.  You know that we have the captain of the Titanic at the helm, and your response is "wait and see."  People like you are how Leonardo DiCaprio dies.  Why do you hate Leonardo?

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

I know many conservatives that are active in the GOP and, like myself, voted for Trump.

Given the massive increase in the size of government and the explosion in deficits and the debt that we've seen since Trump was elected, you conservatives must be kicking yourselves. 

28 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's incredible that the talking point is we are angry because "Hillary didn't win".  It's all about shitbag Trump. 

Hillary's done. She's gone.  She's rarely been mentioned in the Cloak Room or Surly for almost a year and half, outside of the "Gary Johnson voters" who still obsess over her.  It'd be a fascinating phenomenon if it wasn't so stupid. 

She's headlining fund raising efforts for the DNC right now...  https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/hillary-clinton-dnc-fundraiser?utm_term=.ftLDlBmq7#.fj46NYKZW

So while most people in the party has put her in the rear view mirror, she keeps putting herself in the news as much as she can.  

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Given the massive increase in the size of government and the explosion in deficits and the debt that we've seen since Trump was elected, you conservatives must be kicking yourselves. 

There certainly has been a big explosion in spending beyond interest rate differentials, etc.  One recent story was a department gave yuge raises to their employees, like 50%++ type raises.  If that type of thing is happening across the board there is a big problem.  Not much clarity into where the big, increased, expenses are coming from though at this point.  Record inflow of tax receipts and bigger deficits?  WTF?

3 minutes ago, Amobie said:

She's headlining fund raising efforts for the DNC right now...  https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/hillary-clinton-dnc-fundraiser?utm_term=.ftLDlBmq7#.fj46NYKZW

So while most people in the party has put her in the rear view mirror, she keeps putting herself in the news as much as she can.  

I was talking about the posters on Shaggy/Surly, not the Democrats in general. 

But I have said that she needs be a private citizen and leave politics forever. Fuck Hillary. 

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"I'll assess the captain of Titanic's job performance after we arrive in New York [glug, glug, drowning noises]."

I've seen plenty.  He's unfit.  In pretty much every possible way.  We could wait until the end of his term to evaluate his performance, but -- and here's a wacky notion -- maybe we'll have a better outcome if we ditch the shitty captain BEFORE we hit the iceberg and sink to our watery grave?  

I don't care if you find the fact that you're a piece of shit interesting, or not.  I expect that you don't want to confront or acknowledge that ugly truth - I get it, shame is a powerful motivator.  But that doesn't make the truth any less true.  You know that we have the captain of the Titanic at the helm, and your response is "wait and see."  People like you are how Leonardo DiCaprio dies.  Why do you hate Leonardo?

You’re entitled to your opinion, I just don’t share it. The notion that we’re on the Titanic and on this inevitable course to death and destruction is hyperbolic nonsense, but it’s comical. I’m going to make a bold prediction: you’re going to be just fine. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

unless you are the president, amirite?  the one you just affirmatively stated you "support."  name calling and hysterics are definitely unnecessary and uninteresting for him...certainly beneath him.

did you reserve judgment on obama's job performance on each issue from 2009 to 2013 until late January 2013?  just out of curiosity. 

13 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Well, we’re not thrilled about it. Like I’ve stated, I’ll assess the situation after his term, like I’ve done for every president. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I was talking about the posters on Shaggy/Surly, not the Democrats in general. 

But I have said that she needs be a private citizen and leave politics forever. Fuck Hillary. 

I agree with you.  It's not just people here putting on a front.  Most liberals I know want her out of politics.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

unless you are the president, amirite?  the one you just affirmatively stated you "support."  name calling and hysterics are definitely unnecessary and uninteresting for him...certainly beneath him.

did you reserve judgment on obama's job performance on each issue from 2009 to 2013 until late January 2013?  just out of curiosity. 

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

Well, that took a rather circuitous route. I was mainly referring to the poster I was quoting, but extrapolating from that some endorsement of Trump’s behavior is rather strange. It’s one of his less redeeming qualities, to be sure. 

On Obama, I certainly tried my best to be objective. 

Edit: Not sure why I quoted your post twice.

Edited by Chrispy

8 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, I just don’t share it. The notion that we’re on the Titanic and on this inevitable course to death and destruction is hyperbolic nonsense, but it’s comical. I’m going to make a bold prediction: you’re going to be just fine. 

Unless and until we aren't.

The Titanic had a 90% chance of making it to NY just fine.  A lot had to go wrong for it to have a major incident, much less sink, killing a shitload of people.  A betting man would have bet on it reaching NY.

But a smart man would also know that we're not talking gambling odds, we're talking about the lives of thousands of people.  And when you're looking at THAT calculus, a 10% risk is an unacceptable risk.  That level of risk gets you this:

SN56_040612_hdr.jpg

The odds are very good that we survive to 2020.

But the odds that we don't (or that we take a beating -- in any number of ways) are higher than acceptable.

Shit, let's put it in terms that most men of a certain age can understand: in my youth, I drove drunk several times.  The odds were good that I made it home just fine.  Indeed, I did - never hurt myself or anyone else.  Even drunk drivers have a 98% chance of making it home just fine.

But today, with wisdom and experience behind me, I don't take even that 2% risk.  Because it's unacceptably high.  I call a fucking Uber.

This nation has a shithammered shitgibbon at the wheel.  You're telling us that there's a 98% chance he gets us home just fine.  I'm saying we should call a fucking Uber.  My position is right.  Yours is irresponsible.

Just now, Chrispy said:

Well, that took a rather circuitous route. I was mainly referring to the poster I was quoting, but extrapolating from that some endorsement of Trump’s behavior is rather strange. It’s one of his less redeeming qualities, to be sure. 

On Obama, I certainly tried my best to be objective. 

no, you either approve of certain behavior or you do not...nothing strange about it unless you find logic strange.

you essentially say someone engaging in childish name-calling is not a positive reflection on them in the context of college football message board.

however, when it is the primary tactic of the president of the united states in attempts to bully the people he wants to harm, you state that you are reserving judgment on trump until an arbitrary day in January 2021. 

did you reserve judgment entirely on obama's first term until January 2013? 

1 minute ago, sidis said:

no, you either approve of certain behavior or you do not...nothing strange about it unless you find logic strange.

you essentially say someone engaging in childish name-calling is not a positive reflection on them in the context of college football message board.

however, when it is the primary tactic of the president of the united states in attempts to bully the people he wants to harm, you state that you are reserving judgment on trump until an arbitrary day in January 2021. 

did you reserve judgment entirely on obama's first term until January 2013? 

I’ve already stated that I don’t approve of the name calling, not sure how I can clarify it any further than that. That has been part of the political discord well before Trump though, so claiming it’s only his tactic is very shortsighted. 

Allowing someone a full term is not an arbitrary time table, so I’m having a hard time following you on that claim. 

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So Nixon should have been allowed to finish his term before anyone even began to assess the situation?

Yep.  And the captain of the Titanic should have been allowed to finish the maiden voyage before we assessed the situation.  Same for that dude who was street racing the other day, killing two kids in a car he smashed into -- shoulda waited till his journey was complete before saying anything.

And hey, other folks in politics do name-calling, so don't claim it's only his tactic (hint: we don't.  What we see is that it's his go-to, it's unprecedented, and it's his primary means of engaging with anyone he disagrees with). Jesus H. Christ, you'll "both-sides" this shit till we're all dead, won't you?

I mean, other folks presided over killing of ethnic minorities.  I think it's offensive that we're calling out Hitler on it.  Let's wait until he's finished conquering Europe, and then we'll evaluate his performance.  And you know, other folks have poked things with a stick; let's hold off on any criticism of Vlad the Impaler, shall we?

18 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Only the weak minded ones, the ones who have mommy and daddy issues... you know,...... democrats....

I have a couple friends who are hard core democrats. We keep political discussions at a 35,000' level. They are completely un hinged about Trump. It's kinda sad to see otherwise intelligent people really lose their shit about someone.

You mean the way you were about Obama and Democrats in general?

• Like 1

Just now, longhornmatt said:

I’m fascinated by this logic.  Should UT not have assessed Charlie Strong’s performance until the end of his five year contract?  Would Hitler have turned out to be a good guy if only he had been allowed to finish his term instead of everyone rushing to judgment?

Exactly.

By this reasoning, the number of quarterbacks benched during a game in progress would be permanently pegged at ZERO.  I mean, we have to let him finish the game before we judge his performance.  And hey, if we throws 6 picks so we lose a crucial game and miss the playoffs, so be it.  And if he's going to repeatedly throw passes in ways that put our WRs in vulnerable positions so they get blown up and put on the DL, who are we to judge until the game is over?

12 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’ve already stated that I don’t approve of the name calling, not sure how I can clarify it any further than that. That has been part of the political discord well before Trump though, so claiming it’s only his tactic is very shortsighted. 

Allowing someone a full term is not an arbitrary time table, so I’m having a hard time following you on that claim. 

i see, you're just disingenuous and obtuse.

as well as inconsistent.  you say you don't approve of the name calling. that is a judgment.  you aren't reserving your judgment on that aspect of his presidency.  so why are you reserving judgment on all other aspects of his presidency?

or are you?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Exactly.

By this reasoning, the number of quarterbacks benched during a game in progress would be permanently pegged at ZERO.  I mean, we have to let him finish the game before we judge his performance.  And hey, if we throws 6 picks so we lose a crucial game and miss the playoffs, so be it.  And if he's going to repeatedly throw passes in ways that put our WRs in vulnerable positions so they get blown up and put on the DL, who are we to judge until the game is over?

well, in fairness...colorado DID still win the fucking 2001 big 12 championship.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m fascinated by this logic.  Should UT not have assessed Charlie Strong’s performance until the end of his five year contract?  Would Hitler have turned out to be a good guy if only he had been allowed to finish his term instead of everyone rushing to judgment?

Yeah, Hitler and Nixon. Sheesh, the world sure must be a scary place with these thoughts running through your head. The analagous nature between a college coach and the president is virtually nonexistent, give me a break. 

• Like 1