Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Scott Pruitt told staff "find me something to do"  when he wanted to vacation on taxpayer's dime:

http://www.businessinsider.com/scott-pruitt-find-me-something-to-do-travel-2018-4

Scott Pruitt has three secret email addresses:

http://time.com/5238440/scott-pruitt-secret-email-addresses/

Scott Pruitt reportedly seen late at night in D.C. area notorious for draq queens:

https://bit.ly/IqT6zt

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

not sure if put in Cohen thread, Indictment thread, or Trump thread.

This is all very confusing.

Mueller is like a doctor doing a checkup on the President and he discovered cancer EVERYWHERE! 

If Cohen pleads the 5th, that's big.  Really big.  And NO, that's not admissible in a criminal proceeding against Cohen, that's not why it's big.

First, it's big because it may well validate the warrants on his office.  Remember the lawyer types telling us that the "crime-fraud" exception is what would allow for a warrant to be executed on an attorney's files?  Cohen pleading the 5th tells us "yep, and that basis was legitimate here."

Second, it's big because, while pleading the 5th is not admissible in a criminal proceeding against Cohen, it's ABSOLUTELY admissible in a civil case.  In fact, it's beautiful, solid-gold evidence in a civil case.  When your opponent admits to being a criminal, on the record....well, your case just got a lot easier.

Third, if Cohen flat-out KNOWS that he's implicated in a crime, and he KNOWS the DOJ now has the evidence it needs to convict him (see the results of the recent raid), then he has incentive to flip.  Big question as to whether he will.  But the prospect of 20 years of federal time has a way of persuading a man to change his loyalties.  We shall see.

Just now, trauma babe said:

I barely knew who Scott Pruitt was when all of this started, but I fucking hate him now. 

That's the truly amazing thing about Trump.  He manages to find people who are loathsome in every possible dimension.

Is Pruitt a complete whore to industry over the environment?  Check.

Is the leader of an agency actually opposed to the agency and its very mission on almost every philosophical level?  Check.

Does he abuse his power by ordering employees to do his bidding, regardless of legality or ethics?  Check.

Does he view the treasury as his own personal slush fund, to be abused for personal purposes and gain at every turn?  Check.

You get to hate him for policy reasons.  You get to hate him for competence reasons.  You get to hate him for ethical reasons.  About the only things he's avoided so far are sexual deviancy and animal abuse.  But....Oklahoma....so, don't bet against those quite yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's the truly amazing thing about Trump.  He manages to find people who are loathsome in every possible dimension.

Is Pruitt a complete whore to industry over the environment?  Check.

Is the leader of an agency actually opposed to the agency and its very mission on almost every philosophical level?  Check.

Does he abuse his power by ordering employees to do his bidding, regardless of legality or ethics?  Check.

Does he view the treasury as his own personal slush fund, to be abused for personal purposes and gain at every turn?  Check.

You get to hate him for policy reasons.  You get to hate him for competence reasons.  You get to hate him for ethical reasons.  About the only things he's avoided so far are sexual deviancy and animal abuse.  But....Oklahoma....so, don't bet against those quite yet.

Seriously. There could not be a worse person running the EPA than Scott Pruitt. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If you think your week was bad, a bunch of kids are about to find out Trump is their father on the news.

Ivanka, Eric and Don Jr. are probably already pissed that they have to cut the pie up to include Barron and Tiffany.  Now, there's the potential that their slices of whatever is leftover are smaller.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ivanka, Eric and Don Jr. are probably already pissed that they have to cut the pie up to include Barron and Tiffany.  Now, there's the potential that their slices of whatever is leftover are smaller.

slice of what? when this is all over there will be nothing to divvy up.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If Cohen pleads the 5th, that's big.  Really big.  And NO, that's not admissible in a criminal proceeding against Cohen, that's not why it's big.

First, it's big because it may well validate the warrants on his office.  Remember the lawyer types telling us that the "crime-fraud" exception is what would allow for a warrant to be executed on an attorney's files?  Cohen pleading the 5th tells us "yep, and that basis was legitimate here."

Second, it's big because, while pleading the 5th is not admissible in a criminal proceeding against Cohen, it's ABSOLUTELY admissible in a civil case.  In fact, it's beautiful, solid-gold evidence in a civil case.  When your opponent admits to being a criminal, on the record....well, your case just got a lot easier.

Third, if Cohen flat-out KNOWS that he's implicated in a crime, and he KNOWS the DOJ now has the evidence it needs to convict him (see the results of the recent raid), then he has incentive to flip.  Big question as to whether he will.  But the prospect of 20 years of federal time has a way of persuading a man to change his loyalties.  We shall see.

i certainly know what loyalty means but i can't see how it's meaningful in this discussion.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Thanks for waiting until now to dig, media, and not doing it when it could have made a difference when he first ran and was getting you all those ratings and page clicks.  Who could have ever thought Donald Trump had affairs and out of wedlock children?  This is out of left field!

I'll take "shit that doesn't matter to Trump voters" for, ummm....$130,000, Alex.

Doesn't matter to the nativist xenophobes.  Doesn't matter to the "evangelicals."  Doesn't matter.  Nothing does.  Except hate.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Thanks for waiting until now to dig, media, and not doing it when it could have made a difference when he first ran and was getting you all those ratings and page clicks.  Who could have ever thought Donald Trump had affairs and out of wedlock children?  This is out of left field!

In fairness, I’m glad the media has been focused on Russia instead of Trump’s bastard children.

Even though the media did completely drop the ball during the campaign on investigating Trump’s past, Trump’s public behavior and statements should have been enough to convince anyone he would be a dangerous, ignorant, and reckless president.

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Happened in the '80's, right?  That's when Trump was a Democrat.  Of course he got an abortion, you dumb lib.  Now that he's a Republican and a man of God, he of course wouldn't let something like that happen today.

Sadly that's exactly what would happen. After the evangelicals gave him a pass for the Stormy affair they will do whatever mental gymnastics are required to support their dear leader.

"Well as long as Trump has asked for forgiveness, that's between him and God."

"But here's video of Trump saying he's never asked forgiveness from God for anything"

"Um.... well that's between him and God."

Some pastor a week or so ago on CNN. Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Scott Pruitt told staff "find me something to do"  when he wanted to vacation on taxpayer's dime:

http://www.businessinsider.com/scott-pruitt-find-me-something-to-do-travel-2018-4

Scott Pruitt has three secret email addresses:

http://time.com/5238440/scott-pruitt-secret-email-addresses/

Scott Pruitt reportedly seen late at night in D.C. area notorious for draq queens:

My favorite part of the Pruitt scandal is that he flies first class and stays in luxury hotels when he travels "on EPA business", but flies coach or on a buddy pass and stays in a 50 dollar a night room when it's his dime.

I know the room deal is a scandal in itself.

6 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

My favorite part of the Pruitt scandal is that he flies first class and stays in luxury hotels when he travels "on EPA business", but flies coach or on a buddy pass and stays in a 50 dollar a night room when it's his dime.

I know the room deal is a scandal in itself.

And it's not like only the 1% can afford to fly first class domestic. He must be a cheap ass.

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Well as long as Trump has asked for forgiveness, that's between him and God."

"But here's video of Trump saying he's never asked forgiveness from God for anything"

"Um.... well that's between him and God."

Some pastor a week or so ago on CNN. Good stuff. 

Scores a 9.9 on the mental gymnastics card. Russian judge dinged em.how-to-be-a-gymnastics-judge.jpg

3 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i can't help but think that they're going to find that Cohen forced one of Trump's women to abort a pregnancy, pay for the procedure and then paid hush money...coercively 

...and in the basement of a pizzeria

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

About the only things he's avoided so far are sexual deviancy and animal abuse.  But....Oklahoma....so, don't bet against those quite yet.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Gawdammit, ToT!

It was a simpler time when you didn't live scared about all the shit that was happening in the world. You could ignore it until the evening news and then digest that and move on......now with 24 hour Twitter you find out there are more Trumps!!!! I hope he is a hypocrite asshole and had most aborted but he is so narcissistic that he probably has a few Illys running around.  Dammit! The gene pool....won't you think of the gene pool?

This deep state rhetoric is going to keep the base going strong till the bitter end.

Trump in a few weeks: "This is all a deep state plot."

Trumpkins: "I *knew* it. They orchestrated all this negative press, all these indictments, and all these criminal charges. They used the raid to plant evidence. Stormy Daniels is an asset."

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I thought Bush already pardoned that man-child named official.

From 2001 to 2005, Libby held the offices of Assistant to the Vice President for National Security Affairs and Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States[4] and Assistant to the President during the administration of President George W. Bush.

In October 2005, Libby resigned from all three government positions after he was indicted on five counts by a federal grand jury concerning the investigation of the leak of the covert identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame Wilson.[5] He was subsequently convicted of four counts (one count of obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury, and one count of making false statements),[6] making him the highest-ranking White House official convicted in a government scandal since John Poindexter, the national security adviser to President Ronald Reagan in the Iran–Contra affair.[7]

After a failed appeal, President Bush commutedLibby's sentence of 30 months in federal prison, leaving the other parts of his sentence intact.[8] As a consequence of his conviction in United States v. Libby, Libby's license to practice law was suspended until being reinstated in 2016.[3]

• Fuck You 1

Look, I really don't want to act as a partisan hack, but can anyone tabulate all the various scandals (and convictions) over the last few decades between Republican administrations/campaigns with Democratic ones? The uproar over supposed "scandals" during the Obama administration was deafening. And, yet, I can't think of a single Obama official/campaigner (a couple from the Clinton admin were but none from Carter that I remember) that was actually convicted of a single crime versus dozens from Reagan to Trump.

Edited by bolverk

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Look, I really don't want to act as a partisan hack, but can anyone tabulate all the various scandals (and convictions) over the last few decades between Republican administrations/campaigns with Democratic ones? The uproar over supposed "scandals" during the Obama administration was deafening. And, yet, I can't think of a single Obama official/campaigner (a couple from the Clinton admin were but none from Carter that I remember) that was actually convicted of a single crime versus dozens from Reagan to Trump.

C2f4H-gUkAQWMeK.jpg

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1