Barbara Bush has Passed.

Anastasis

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That is really funny that her being a total bitch could have kept someone from reaching help that they needed on a suicide hotline. Really funny, eh?

You're like that governor who said that striking teachers were responsible for child sex assaults that happened while they were on strike.

So mad about shit that didn't happen, but COULD HAVE HAPPENED by god!

Tasteless dick move by a terrible person. But, is it really that big of a deal? Who the hell is Barbara Bush that mean things can't be said about her? Dead or not. She's not royalty. And we all know way worse will be said about Hillary when she meets Satan.

At least we know what Shamu is doing now that Seaworld fired her.

randa_jarrar.jpg?itok=8QrS_vva
How does someone that looks and acts like that successfully get through an interview much less tenure track? Department chairman should be axed as well for poor decision making.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Tasteless dick move by a terrible person. But, is it really that big of a deal? Who the hell is Barbara Bush that mean things can't be said about her? Dead or not. She's not royalty. And we all know way worse will be said about Hillary when she meets Satan.

When people like her die, people rush to the fucking Internet to perform their magnanimity in front of everyone. It's pathetic.

Barbara Bush was a dynastic matriarch who was kind of nice to people in a way that normal humans are kind of nice to people. She said some racist shit that any 'ole white lady her age would say.

RIP Mrs. Bush. If you don't have a positive view of her life, you're a troubled person, IMO.

Her passing is a reminder of why decency is gone. Her generation, the moderating influence on the culture warrior generation, is dying out quickly. Boomers going nuts with mom and dad not looking over their shoulders.

• Like 3

How does someone that looks and acts like that successfully get through an interview much less tenure track? Department chairman should be axed as well for poor decision making.

How does she move herself from point A to point B. She looks highly immobile unless using a disability scooter.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:16 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

73 years of marriage is impressive.

The Bush's are good people, too.  I miss their quiet dignity.

I'm a big fan of GHWB, and I'm sorry to hear of Mrs. Bush's passing.

But dude, Artie fucking Lange has "quiet dignity" compared to the orange asshole that we have now. 

That professor absolutely had every right to say what she said, whether you like it or not.  What it shows is her absolute lack of tact or common decency.  I hope they do not fire her for those remarks.  

However, posting that ASU suicide hotline number was irresponsible, and THAT should be addressed.  

Long and short, Jarrar is a cunt of the first order.  I am embarrassed that she is a woman.  Fuck her.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

33 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That professor absolutely had every right to say what she said, whether you like it or not.  What is shows is her absolute lack of tact or common decency.  I hope they do not fire her for those remarks.  

However, posting that ASU suicide hotline number was irresponsible, and THAT should be addressed.  

Long and short, Jarrar is a cunt of the first order.  I am embarrassed that she is a woman.  Fuck her.

Every single thing you said is true.  How would that play in a Wilco bar?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That professor absolutely had every right to say what she said, whether you like it or not.  What it shows is her absolute lack of tact or common decency.  I hope they do not fire her for those remarks.  

A first-class, ocean-going, iron-hulled cunt, perchance?

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

How does it even work?  I would think she has first amendment protections as an employee of a public school.  I am a pretty big first amendment guy and think it would be wrong for the school to fire her.  For pretty much the same reason why I truly believe OU violated the constitutional rights of those frat guys that were recorded singing that racist song on a bus when OU expelled them.

I do not want her fired nor did I want those students expelled.  Government should not be choosing which speech it wants to punish under these circumstances.  Shame these idiots on social media though.

Edited by Johnny Sack

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

How does it even work?  I would think she has first amendment protections as an employee of a public school.  I am a pretty big first amendment guy and think it would be wrong for the school to fire her.  For pretty much the same reason why I truly believe OU violated the constitutional rights of those frat guys that were recorded singing that racist song on a bus when OU expelled them.

I do not want her fired nor did I want those students expelled.  Government should not be choosing which speech it wants to punish under these circumstances.  Shame these idiots on social media though.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I agree with you. That is why I am saying I hope they do not review her for the remarks.  Now, her linking a phone number that caused issues with people getting help, especially if someone hurt themselves because they were unable to get assistance due to her idiocy, then that is a different story IMO.

And yes, she should be lambasted in the court of public opinion.  What happened to the view of if you don't have something nice to say, just don't say anything at all?

59 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I agree with you. That is why I am saying I hope they do not review her for the remarks.  Now, her linking a phone number that caused issues with people getting help, especially if someone hurt themselves because they were unable to get assistance due to her idiocy, then that is a different story IMO.

And yes, she should be lambasted in the court of public opinion.  What happened to the view of if you don't have something nice to say, just don't say anything at all?

We agree.  The school should do nothing outside of maybe issue a blanket statement not even referencing her by name that the views of its employees and professors do not necessarily reflect the views of the school but it will not be punishing anyone for protected first amendment speech.  Use this shit as a teaching opportunity on the first amendment.  Too many people don't understand it.  I bet if you polled Americans, half or more would think that the first amendment does not apply to hate speech.