Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What's the Bezos hate/guillotine situation?  Because he's rich, he needs to die?  Or is he pro-police or something I haven't seen?

Bezos makes a kabillion dollars a day, and treats his employees like shit.  Layer on corona times, where he has reaped even further benefit, and he has let little/none of that benefit trickle down to the workers who have busted their asses to make it happen.

Bezos is a fucking oligarch.  Just because he owns a newspaper that practices good journalism doesn't absolve him of that problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

I'm for mandatory body cams.  I'm for eliminating no knock warrants.  I'm for independent investigative departments.  I'm for financial burden of misconduct shifted from public pocket closer to the offending parties. I'm for loosening of drug laws.

I'm for all of that.

What I'm not for is championing deadbeats, and justifying looting and rioting on the basis of deadbeats, and villifying everyone who doesn't side with deadbeats.

You know how they say luck is the product of preparation meeting opportunity?  It seems misfortune is the product of criminals and bad conduct.  

Amazing coincidence.

Floyd was murdered.  Convict Chauvin.  I'm not sure how burning down Minnesota and Oregon is going to bring him back to life.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Doubling down I see. Yup, Black people are entirely blame for their negative interactions with cops.

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What?

What part of the above has to do with color?  Is being a deadbeat a racial-specific trait? 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Bezos makes a kabillion dollars a day, and treats his employees like shit.  Layer on corona times, where he has reaped even further benefit, and he has let little/none of that benefit trickle down to the workers who have busted their asses to make it happen.

Bezos is a fucking oligarch.  Just because he owns a newspaper that practices good journalism doesn't absolve him of that problem.

Gotcha.  Figured.  Well when someone makes $11k/hr since Christ was on earth, and doesn't give much back, what can you expect?  Really sucks he doesn't give much back.  I don't really think he should be forced to, but he's going to have some 'splaining to do when he heads up and could have helped many, but didn't.  I'm not even talking about here, speaking more to the kids that don't have fucking water to drink on the other side of the world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Gotcha.  Figured.  Well when someone makes $11k/hr since Christ was on earth, and doesn't give much back, what can you expect?  Really sucks he doesn't give much back.  I don't really think he should be forced to, but he's going to have some 'splaining to do when he heads up and could have helped many, but didn't.  I'm not even talking about here, speaking more to the kids that don't have fucking water to drink on the other side of the world. 

Yeah, it's not that he's doing something illegal....it's that he's a shitty human being.  And there's a whole lot of issues in our culture and society where the conduct is legal, but it ain't right.  We need a lot more of "do what's right, not just what you're required to do by law."

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Jesus, the class warfare rhetoric is getting thick.  Bezos initiated a $2/hr pandemic bump.  It cost Amazon almost $800 million before he scaled it back after things have started subside.  He also cut back workers ability to take unlimited time off without penalty.  The fucking horror....keep in mind also that Amazon pays higher than almost any other major distributor, and this was before the pandemic bump.  So yeah, cut his fucking head off.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, it's not that he's doing something illegal....it's that he's a shitty human being.  And there's a whole lot of issues in our culture and society where the conduct is legal, but it ain't right.  We need a lot more of "do what's right, not just what you're required to do by law."

He's also probably not completely legal.  But whatever.  Dude has more money than anyone ever thought was possible.  I don't even know what you do with that.  11k/hr.  Since Jesus was in the manger.  

5 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

One thing to keep in mind is that people like captainantifa don’t mind the violence because it furthers their political aims. They’ll feign displeasure at the tactics to be sure, but it’s complete and utter bullshit. 

It's funny how the surly "all lives matter" crowd creates this straw man persona of every person they disagree with to justify further shit slinging. Show me where in any of my posts where I've cheered this on. In your mind, just because I think that black people are adversely policed and subject to scrutiny and state violence that white people aren't, that means that I support violence and domestic terrorism? Go fuck your own face.

And it's REALLY funny how @blacklab will put folks in timeout for fact-checking the overtly political nature of the disinformation getting spread in his "FACTS AND NEWS ONLY current events board", but lets shit like this fly.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know of anyone here who likes rioting and looting. As far as I know, none of us participate in it and we don't encourage anyone else to do it. The most I see here is people saying, "I understand why they do it", which is a different thing.

#Silenceisviolence

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's funny how the surly "all lives matter" crowd creates this straw man persona of every person they disagree with to justify further shit slinging. Show me where in any of my posts where I've cheered this on. In your mind, just because I think that black people are adversely policed and subject to scrutiny and state violence that white people aren't, that means that I support violence and domestic terrorism? Go fuck your own face.

And it's REALLY funny how @blacklab will put folks in timeout for fact-checking the overtly political nature of the disinformation getting spread in his "FACTS AND NEWS ONLY current events board", but lets shit like this fly.

Jesus christ get the fucking sand out of your vagina. Some of us are not able to spend every second of our day here and sometimes it will take 30 minutes before we get to this.

He's taking a day off.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The big man upstairs.

Cool so no one ever.

---------------

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and also the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of spiritless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

To abolish religion as the illusory happiness of the people is to demand their real happiness. The demand to give up illusions about the existing state of affairs is the demand to give up a state of affairs which needs illusions. The criticism of religion is therefore in embryo the criticism of the vale of tears, the halo of which is religion.

Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of religion disillusions man to make him think and act and shape his reality like a man who has been disillusioned and has come to reason, so that he will revolve round himself and therefore round his true sun. Religion is only the illusory sun which revolves round man as long as he does not revolve round himself.

---------------

The slave master was happy for the slave to go to church so the slaves could console themselves with justice in some far-off, imaginary, unaccountable place at some future, unspecified time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

What part of the above has to do with color?  Is being a deadbeat a racial-specific trait? 

Wow. Tell me, what was the purpose of your previous post if not to suggest that the only reason black people have an issue with the police (you know, the whole BLM thing) is because they break the law? 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Wow. Tell me, what was the purpose of your previous post if not to suggest that the only reason black people have an issue with the police (you know, the whole BLM thing) is because they break the law? 

I suggest people who do dumb shit tend to get in trouble.

Is that clear enough or is it too implicit?

Dumb people who bring guns to riots tends to find themselves facing gun related charges.

Dumb people who attack such people, tend to find themselves shot.

See how that works?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, 52-80 said:

I suggest people who do dumb shit tend to get in trouble.

Is that clear enough or is it too implicit?

Dumb people who bring guns to riots tends to find themselves facing gun related charges.

Dumb people who attack such people, tend to find themselves shot.

See how that works?

Right, so the point of your post is that no unjust problem with the police and minorities exist, correct? The only people to blame for any problems between the police and minorities are minorities who "do dumb shit", correct? 

Jesus christ get the fucking sand out of your vagina. Some of us are not able to spend every second of our day here and sometimes it will take 30 minutes before we get to this.
He's taking a day off.

You should change his name to captsandyvagina. I imagine he reports more posts than anyone but only reports those he feels lean the opposite way of him.
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Cool so no one ever.

---------------

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and also the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of spiritless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

To abolish religion as the illusory happiness of the people is to demand their real happiness. The demand to give up illusions about the existing state of affairs is the demand to give up a state of affairs which needs illusions. The criticism of religion is therefore in embryo the criticism of the vale of tears, the halo of which is religion.

Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of religion disillusions man to make him think and act and shape his reality like a man who has been disillusioned and has come to reason, so that he will revolve round himself and therefore round his true sun. Religion is only the illusory sun which revolves round man as long as he does not revolve round himself.

---------------

The slave master was happy for the slave to go to church so the slaves could console themselves with justice in some far-off, imaginary, unaccountable place at some future, unspecified time.

Marx was a twat

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Right, so the point of your post is that no unjust problem with the police and minorities exist, correct? The only people to blame for any problems between the police and minorities are minorities who "do dumb shit", correct? 

which of those examples represent minorities and why do you insist it must be so?

the point of my post is that it must be an oddity of nature that action tends to lead to consequences. 

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

You should change his name to captsandyvagina. I imagine he reports more posts than anyone but only reports those he feels lean the opposite way of him.

Stone Oak held that title. He reported more posts than everyone combined. Capt is in the middle of the pack, and yes, just like Stone oak only reports posters he disagrees with/is arguing against.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

What's the Bezos hate/guillotine situation?  Because he's rich, he needs to die?  Or is he pro-police or something I haven't seen?

What brisket said, plus Amazon was heavily involved in facial recognition stuff with various police departments and military organizations.

That really pissed a lot of people off, on both sides of the political spectrum.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I started reporting every post in DT that I saw that explicitly touches politics and it's definitely almost always people I disagree with because, well... they're the ones doing it. (Reported two from "my" side, at least, but it's so one-sided it's sad.)

BT works with the cops...get him!!!111!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Cool so no one ever.

---------------

---------------

You asked who Jeff Bezos will have to answer to or explain himself to, with respect to what appears by all accounts to be an extreme lack of charity and generosity, relational and proportional to his immense wealth. 

Depending on belief systems, that answer could be any number of flavors, but we can safely lump them into two categories: "His Creator", as I suggested or "No one ever", as you suggested.

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I’m starting to think I’d be ok with people being shot for using false dilemmas. It’s more epidemic here than poor tackling in CFB

38 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m starting to think I’d be ok with people being shot for using false dilemmas. It’s more epidemic here than poor tackling in CFB

Hey, I am not creating the dilemma here. I can hold two thoughts in my head at the same time and believe (1) when people do dumbshit they tend to get in trouble and (2) minorities get unjustly targeted and abused by authorities.

His posts appeared to me to be implying the latter was false, employing the well worn cloak of "if people didn't do bad things, they wouldn't get in trouble." That line of reasoning has a history of use by those denying that discrimination exist. You don't get to use it in this context and ignore that history. If he didn't mean to imply that discrimination doesnt exist, you know, he could have directly denied it at any point in the conversation. Instead, he chose to obfuscate by talking in circles. If he didn't mean to imply anything, then he might as well have said "water is wet" for the all relevance it would have had to the conversation.   

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Hey, I am not creating the dilemma here. I can hold two thoughts in my head at the same time and believe (1) when people do dumbshit they tend to get in trouble and (2) minorities get unjustly targeted and abused by authorities.

His posts appeared to me to be implying the latter was false, employing the well worn cloak of "if people didn't do bad things, they wouldn't get in trouble." That line of reasoning has a history of use by those denying that discrimination exist. You don't get to use it in this context and ignore that history. If he didn't mean to imply that discrimination doesnt exist, you know, he could have directly denied it at any point in the conversation. Instead, he chose to obfuscate by talking in circles. If he didn't mean to imply anything, then he might as well have said "water is wet" for the all relevance it would have had to the conversation.   

You clearly restated his post into en either or proposition he does not offer. Call it what you want it’s bullshit

nb I don’t agree w his take I’m criticizing your tactics 

Just now, Sawbonz said:

You clearly restated his post into en either or proposition he does not offer. Call it what you want it’s bullshit

nb I don’t agree w his take I’m criticizing your tactics 

Where did I do that? I asked him to clarify the point of his post. He didn't need to choose anything. He just needed to explain. It was an open ended question. 

5 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

You didn’t ask him to clarify his position. I mean it’s right here. No room for shared blame = false dilemma

Edited by Sawbonz

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You didn’t ask him to clarify his position. I mean it’s right here. No room for shared blame = false dilemma

No, I asked him if that is what he meant. My post didn't present an artificially narrow choice . He could have simply said "no, that is not what I meant," and then explained. An example of a false dilemma would be "either you mean A or you mean B" where the choice isn't logically required. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

No, I asked him if that is what he meant. My post didn't present an artificially narrow choice . He could have simply said "no, that is not what I meant," and then explained. An example of a false dilemma would be "either you mean A or you mean B" where the choice isn't logically required. 

That’s what you did but couched it in a question “do you mean a or do you mean b?” If you really were interested in what he meant you would just ask him to explain himself

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That’s what you did but couched it in a question “do you mean a or do you mean b?” If you really were interested in what he meant you would just ask him to explain himself

I didn't present an option of A or B. You're reading my post wrong. 

A: "so the point of your post is that no unjust problem with the police and minorities exist, correct?"

And 

B: "The only people to blame for any problems between the police and minorities are minorities who "do dumb shit", correct?"

Aren't disjunctive. They are different ways of saying the same thing. I think he meant to imply both of them and I asked him if that was the case. Again, it is not phrased as a dilemma at all.  

Edited by Dahobbs

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I didn't present an option of A or B. You're reading my post wrong. 

A: "so the point of your post is that no unjust problem with the police and minorities exist, correct?"

And 

B: "The only people to blame for any problems between the police and minorities are minorities who "do dumb shit", correct?"

Aren't disjunctive. They are different ways of saying the same thing. I think he meant to imply both of them and I asked him if that was the case. Again, it is not phrased as a dilemma at all.  

I did misread. You’re actually taking his argument to the extreme and asking him to justify it. Unless I missed something nowhere does he state police are blameless or that “minorities” are solely at fault. 

• Hook 'Em 1