2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

Although tremendously talented and no-doubt a hard worker, I have to imagine his parents and team have done him no favors.  Only child, spoiled, never told no, or that he is ever wrong.  Then he goes to SMU, where everyone has an inflated sense of self.  Throw in being a physics major, and an elite college player, and he becomes a media darling feeding his ego more.  Comes out on Tour and has success early.  The bulk up, then the US Open win.  His team all the while has been launching him into the Social Media world, but the guy doesn't have the chops to navigate it because of all the reasons above.  These weekly missteps are telling of his immaturity, never being questioned, or sat down and been told like it is.  The caddie quitting the bag the night before the first round of a title defense was a chef's kiss.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/4/2021 at 2:44 PM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Although tremendously talented and no-doubt a hard worker, I have to imagine his parents and team have done him no favors.  Only child, spoiled, never told no, or that he is ever wrong.  Then he goes to SMU, where everyone has an inflated sense of self.  Throw in being a physics major, and an elite college player, and he becomes a media darling feeding his ego more.  Comes out on Tour and has success early.  The bulk up, then the US Open win.  His team all the while has been launching him into the Social Media world, but the guy doesn't have the chops to navigate it because of all the reasons above.  These weekly missteps are telling of his immaturity, never being questioned, or sat down and been told like it is.  The caddie quitting the bag the night before the first round of a title defense was a chef's kiss.

he’s a fucking douche 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Longhornstampede said:

These guys almost make me feel good about my golf game. I can't believe how wheels off this group has become. If any of them managed to hold on and stay tied with Matsuyama he's going to kick their ass

Nah...  Matsuyama had a few too many sake's at the clubhouse... 😋

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Playing alongside DeChambeau took it 's toll on English... 

smdh

true but the tee shots on the par 3's were 10 handicap like, regardless of what BCD was doing.  wonder if English has ever been put on the clock before.

didn't realize Ancer was born in McAllen

• Like 1

US amateur is at Oakmont this week. Parker Coody with a great round on day 1:

Of the 60 players who stood at par or better at the end of the day, 58 played Longue Vue and just two played at Oakmont, which is hosting its record-tying sixth U.S. Amateur and 17th USGA championship.

Parker Coody, 21, of the University of Texas, shot the lone even-par 70 at Oakmont on a day in which temperatures reached the low 90s and the heat index reached nearly 100. The scoring averages for the courses reflected Oakmont’s difficulty, as Longue Vue played to a 71.7 mark and Oakmont was at 77.1, nearly 5½ strokes higher.

“If you tell me I’m going to shoot even every time I tee it up here, I’ll take it, no doubt,” said Coody, whose twin brother, Pierceson, is No. 2 in the World Amateur Golf Ranking and posted a 5-over 75 at Oakmont later in the day. “It’s just so penalizing off the tee. Miss in the wrong spots and you’re looking at bogey. Just make sure you’re not making double.”