2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sorry I didn't check to see if he had been DQed for a positive covid test before commenting, fuckface. Not exactly a regular happening on the PGA tour.

Maybe look at the 20+ posts immediately preceding yours. Take the loss. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If you are vaccinated and test positive - and the science he posted is accurate - you should not be fucking DQed. I'm not sure why they are even testing vaccinated players. But maybe that's getting a little CR.

AND if they are going to DQ a player for that then they should not be allowing fans. Are they testing every fan that buys a ticket? No? Then why are they testing vaxxed players? Fans get just as close to these guys as they do to each other.

Sucks either way. Memorial would have been a bit of a career altering win for Rahm. This is a top 10 event including majors. 

he won it last year

34 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

They are literally giving free vaccines at the front gate of this tournament to patrons. 

Rahm is a world class dumbass. 

Meh. He had it last year and the science is out on immunity levels after having it. That being said, given the leeway the tour grants you if you are vaccinated it probably would have been wise to just get it. 

Only 50% of the tour is vaccinated. They aren't exactly in a high risk demo. But from a professional standpoint they should all probably get it.  Tough lesson to learn. Will be interesting to see if he decides to get it now. 

1 hour ago, pops said:

Meh. He had it last year and the science is out on immunity levels after having it. That being said, given the leeway the tour grants you if you are vaccinated it probably would have been wise to just get it. 

Only 50% of the tour is vaccinated. They aren't exactly in a high risk demo. But from a professional standpoint they should all probably get it.  Tough lesson to learn. Will be interesting to see if he decides to get it now. 

He got the first shot this week, after learning he was in close contact with a positive. 

8 hours ago, pops said:

the science is out on immunity levels after having it.

Link?

Not sure what point you’re trying to make but, from everything I’ve heard, no one is saying that if you’ve had Covid already then you don’t need to get vaccinated because you’re already protected by natural immunity. Nobody qualified to comment, anyway. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

9 hours ago, pops said:

Did you read the Twitter thread a few posts above yours? The science is not out on there not being a required protocol for close contact to a Covid carrier if you’re vaccinated. He cost himself this win by not understanding his sports’ rules. 

I saw that Cantlay has not been vaccinated, and Scottie refused to say, which probably means he didn’t. According to PGA rules they now enter the testing protocol. They shook hands with JR after 18. I doubt that, if they had distanced from JR except that moment, they’ll be positive in testing this morning, but athletes remain clueless about evaluating risk reward beyond their sport.

Edited by softlynow
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Link?

Not sure what point you’re trying to make but, from everything I’ve heard, no one is saying that if you’ve had Covid already then you don’t need to get vaccinated because you’re already protected by natural immunity. Nobody qualified to comment, anyway. 

That was my point. No one knows what kind of natural immunity one has after already contacting covid.  Clearly there is some level,  but we won't know much until more time has passed. 

Listen,  he probably cost himself the tourney by not getting the shot, I'm not debating that. I just think it is more nuanced than can be expressed in a post on a message board full of fellow assholes.

Edit:  I also now see how my wording in the other post was weird. I meant the science is out like the jury is out. We don't know yet. 

Edited by pops
  • Hook 'Em 2

Link?

Let me chime in on this. I had Covid in mid-March 2020. It was confirmed with an antibody test in late April. I took another antibody test in December in addition to some other blood work and my antibodies were gone. Not sure how long I had them. I got the shots as soon as I could get them.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

wasn't it 5 strokes with 7 to play?

I think that’s right. It started on 11 with a double.

I assumed this wouldn’t be on until later since it’s West Coast. When I turned it on, Lexi had a 5 shot lead to start the back nine. I was hoping she’d struggle so there would be some drama at the end. I wasn’t expecting this. 

Yeah, that putting stroke is bad. She just swipes at the ball. 

On 6/6/2021 at 10:48 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Hard to take this guy’s side in his feud with Bryson. 

I have a hard time thinking of someone whose side I wouldnt take over that douche BDC. On a seperate note, the course this week looks kinda bad ass

congaree-golf-club-south-carolina.jpg

Edited by Blotto

You can set aside all politics, all science rumors, even your own fucking health etc.  The fact that you have a newborn baby, you have millions on the line and you could have gotten vaccinated anywhere you want including the front gate.  It's beyond irresponsible, it's just plain stupid for him not to be vaccinated.  It's stupid not to have 100% vaccination ratio on the PGA Tour.  I don't feel sorry for him in the least. You want your wife and baby on a god damn ventilator you oaf?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Wally Banger said:

Uh, can this be right?  Cole Hammer...FIVE PUTTED?! from eight feet???

Palmetto Championship at Congaree - TOURCast (pgatour.com)

Yes - looks like he missed 32 feet of putts, starting with an 8 footer ..... looking for video

Shot 7 in the hole
Shot 6 putt 3 ft 3 in., 12 in. to hole
Shot 5 putt 9 ft 0 in., 2 ft 0 in. to hole
Shot 4 putt 10 ft 5 in., 6 ft 9 in. to hole
Shot 3 putt 11 ft 9 in., 3 ft 4 in. to hole
Shot 2 40 yds to green, 8 ft 1 in. to hole
Shot 1 336 yds to left fairway, 41 yds to hole

On 6/6/2021 at 10:48 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Hard to take this guy’s side in his feud with Bryson. 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:08 PM, Blotto said:

I have a hard time thinking of someone whose side I wouldnt take over that douche BDC. On a seperate note, the course this week looks kinda bad ass

congaree-golf-club-south-carolina.jpg

Brooks seems like the guy that starts out fun and the life of the party but after a couple hours you're like "God someone get this douchebag to shut up".

Bryson seems like the guy that's irritating from the start but somehow grows on you because he's douchey but he's at least earnest about it.