2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

He's not detested he's just polarizing. Plenty of guys on tour have defended what he's doing and/or spoke highly of him. 

I'm sure playing with him is annoying but I've never got the vibe that other golfers hate him. 

Koepka does.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Which isn't some crazy happening that should surprise anybody.

Phil winning the PGA was fucking insane. Not only is he 50 his form has been poor for almost a year. The golf he played today is basically where his game is right now. It wasn't like Tiger at the 2019 Masters or Jack at 46 or Watson at 54 almost winning the British. 

Phil winning the Masters would have been much less crazy. But beating the toughest field in golf at a brutal venue by PGA standards at 50 is unbelievable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never wins on tour again. Why some people think he's just going to start tearing it up now I have no idea. He'll probably miss the cut at Torrey Pines.

Cat got in the zone and held on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

If so , they are playing the long game. This started percolating at least 30 months ago. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/brooks-koepka-bryson-dechambeau-rivalry-beef-history-timeline-pga-tour-golf/amp

Great article Tony Texas... Thanks !!

Fyi on video:  Turn down volume before playing -- sound is too loud

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Long video -- Spieth fans will enjoy though

Jordan Spieth Interview: Hosting Arnold Palmer's last Champion's Dinner, behind the scenes Ryder Cup     (10/6/2020)

That was great, with the exception of Spieth agreeing to get boomer sooner tattooed on his forearm in exchange for hitting every fairway for the rest of his life.  That doesn’t sit will with me.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, ztejas said:

Which isn't some crazy happening that should surprise anybody.

Phil winning the PGA was fucking insane. Not only is he 50 his form has been poor for almost a year. The golf he played today is basically where his game is right now. It wasn't like Tiger at the 2019 Masters or Jack at 46 or Watson at 54 almost winning the British. 

Phil winning the Masters would have been much less crazy. But beating the toughest field in golf at a brutal venue by PGA standards at 50 is unbelievable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never wins on tour again. Why some people think he's just going to start tearing it up now I have no idea. He'll probably miss the cut at Torrey Pines.

Watson was 59. Which is even more incredible. Probably the most incredible thing that has ever almost happened in sports. It’s almost impossible to put in any sort of context that makes sense. 
it’d be like when they had satchel Paige throw a couple innings as a 50 year old or 55 year old as a publicity stunt if he’d have gone perfect for 8 & 2/3. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Watson was 59. Which is even more incredible. Probably the most incredible thing that has ever almost happened in sports. It’s almost impossible to put in any sort of context that makes sense. 
it’d be like when they had satchel Paige throw a couple innings as a 50 year old or 55 year old as a publicity stunt if he’d have gone perfect for 8 & 2/3. 

agreed. it sucked so bad that ball jumped over the back of that green.   He actually was T51 at 65 years old.  Completely nuts.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

That hybrid shot on #1 by Spieth was just piss poor...

Jordan:  "I thin healed it"

Spieth Saved par #1

• Toed Driver on #2  (left) rough.
  • Over back of green into thick rough 2nd shot #2

BOGEY on #2

Edited by LTtxfan