Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Didn't they lose two upper classmen offensive linemen? I don't know what they brought in. About 25 players brought in from the portal. How good are they? But it sounds like they're already thin on the OL again.  

Cormani Mclain is a player that could be interesting but I don't know if his shithead factor is real or just some kind of grudge match that transpired between him and deion. 

OImarion Miller looks like a legit player. 

Miller is still on the team (for now, anyway).

Prime gets a pat on the back and goes viral for videos of himself admonishing his team for trashing their locker room and players goofing off during class. What a world. 
We

Lol. He puts everything on video. It's not like this was the one thing he put out there

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's kind of unbelievable how predictably all of this is unfolding. Deion's arrogance in the notion that he's some sort of magnetic force that will simply attract the best and the brightest due to that was only reinforced by the start early last season and all of the adoration.

That didn't translate at all in recruiting, it's starting to seriously lose its luster with the current roster, and the transfer portal this cycle is shit for them. It may turn out that the HC of a program actually has to, you know, put the work in on recruiting, player relationship management, and portal recruiting. That would blow a lot of minds, not the least of which will be Deion's. Then he'll just blame a bunch of other people and mysterious forces working against him and fuck off elsewhere eventually.

This CU 2024, short of a number of portal hail mary completions, is 2-10/3-9 at best and the roster is all his (un)doing.

Not a recruiting dork here, but know enough to see his BS is gonna fail miserably, just a matter of time.  I think this massive exodus is the beginning of the end.  Will be fun to watch him set CU on fire.  

• Like 2

Not a recruiting dork here, but know enough to see his BS is gonna fail miserably, just a matter of time.  I think this massive exodus is the beginning of the end.  Will be fun to watch him set CU on fire.  
I used to like you.
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There’s still a mass exodus you can watch, it’s called OU’s offensive line…. 

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

There’s still a mass exodus you can watch, it’s called OU’s offensive line…. 

Meh.  OU will struggle vs UT but as of now CU isn’t even close and we still have the golden hat.  Funny joke tho.  

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I used to like you.

Hey, I really wanted it to work and him to say fuck the establishment but he’s taken a turn for the worst and the recruiting and on field results will show.  Next…

13 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We're_All_Trying_To_Find_The_Guy_Who_Did

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hey, I really wanted it to work and him to say fuck the establishment but he’s taken a turn for the worst and the recruiting and on field results will show.  Next…

You've spelt "wurst" incorrectly.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

He's coached one season and increased the win total 400% from the previous year.  They look to be much improved this year.  Where is the failure coming from?  This program was DOA when he was hired.

You keep citing winning 4 games last year means that the program has improved dramatically from the 1 win the year before. But they were 4-8 the year before that and 4-2 in the covid year. Seems like you're ignoring a lot of blinking red lights clinging to that.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You keep citing winning 4 games last year means that the program has improved dramatically from the 1 win the year before. But they were 4-8 the year before that and 4-2 in the covid year. Seems like you're ignoring a lot of blinking red lights clinging to that.

CU was literally the worst team in FBS when he was hired.  I don't know how to explain that to you guys.  They shouldn't have won the 1 game they did the year before.  Their average margin of defeat was 27 points.  

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This team should be much improved over last year.  But there has definitely been a lot of players coming and going.  Part of that is him and part of that is the new rules in college FB.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

This team should be much improved over last year.  But there has definitely been a lot of players coming and going.  Part of that is him and part of that is the new rules in college FB.

Show your work regarding the team being "much improved". You keep typing that without supporting that POV. 

I see an OL consisting of a true freshman starting at LT who, in interviews, seems like he has the maturity of a 5th grader. Then you have 4 new guys who transferred in from CFB backwaters like UTEP and UConn or places like UH after never even making a fucking dent on the roster at Texas before that, when we needed OLs to show up and play. None of these guys have ever taken a game snap with one another. Good thing familiarity and cohesive experience don't play much of a role with quality OL play.

You downgraded at TE. You're still dependent upon Hunter playing 100 snaps each game. Almost the entire front 7 on defense are pure castoffs, albeit some with recruiting "pedigree".

You have an inherently dysfunctional staff and two players with outsize influence potentially roiling said staff or the locker room whenever the fuck they feel like it. 

There is zero legitimate depth behind the island of misfit toys comprising the starting lineup. 

So, yeah, let's hear about this notion of "much improved". I see 3-9/4-8 unless some teams on the schedule are absurdly incompetent themselves. NDSU, Baylor, maybe CSU, and Cincy will all be winnable. The rest reminds me of the schedule last year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Show your work regarding the team being "much improved". You keep typing that without supporting that POV. 

I see an OL consisting of a true freshman starting at LT who, in interviews, seems like he has the maturity of a 5th grader. Then you have 4 new guys who transferred in from CFB backwaters like UTEP and UConn or places like UH after never even making a fucking dent on the roster at Texas before that, when we needed OLs to show up and play. None of these guys have ever taken a game snap with one another. Good thing familiarity and cohesive experience don't play much of a role with quality OL play.

You downgraded at TE. You're still dependent upon Hunter playing 100 snaps each game. Almost the entire front 7 on defense are pure castoffs, albeit some with recruiting "pedigree".

You have an inherently dysfunctional staff and two players with outsize influence potentially roiling said staff or the locker room whenever the fuck they feel like it. 

There is zero legitimate depth behind the island of misfit toys comprising the starting lineup. 

So, yeah, let's hear about this notion of "much improved". I see 3-9/4-8 unless some teams on the schedule are absurdly incompetent themselves. NDSU, Baylor, maybe CSU, and Cincy will all be winnable. The rest reminds me of the schedule last year.

Hey dipshit, they don't play the games until fall, but on paper the team looks better.

Just now, Chewbacca said:

Hey dipshit, they don't play the games until fall, but on paper the team looks better.

I provided a legitimate challenge to a premise you continue to promote without any supporting facts. You stating something repeatedly doesn't make it so. That considered, you've proven to be a low information poster on most subject matter and certainly the game of football, so your best response is probably a banal platitude coupled with another unsupported opinion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I provided a legitimate challenge to a premise you continue to promote without any supporting facts. You stating something repeatedly doesn't make it so. That considered, you've proven to be a low information poster on most subject matter and certainly the game of football, so your best response is probably a banal platitude coupled with another unsupported opinion.

Dude, nobody can prove anything until they play games.  Are you slow?

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

CU was literally the worst team in FBS when he was hired.  I don't know how to explain that to you guys.  They shouldn't have won the 1 game they did the year before.  Their average margin of defeat was 27 points.  

I understand being touchy about whatever team you root for when people are critiquing it. But this is just delusional. And people are offering real opinions and examples to you of why this doesn't look good. Yet you call those people names. It's not a good look. I'm just saying.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I understand being touchy about whatever team you root for when people are critiquing it. But this is just delusional. And people are offering real opinions and examples to you of why this doesn't look good. Yet you call those people names. It's not a good look. I'm just saying.

What is going on is better than what was going on prior to his hire by a HUGE margin.  I'm just along for the ride.  They didn't ask my opinion.

58 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Dude, nobody can prove anything until they play games.  Are you slow?

I'm not slow, no. That said, the Dunning Kruger Effect is certainly shining brightly in this exchange.

No one is asking for "proof", just that you make even a vague attempt to support your position. You can cite facts in the form of player and coaching roles that offer up reasons for your optimism regarding "much improved". Or offer informed opinions about the team's outlook. Instead, you've chosen to take the tact of being overly literal and tedious as a means of hoping the rest of us fail to notice that you don't know a fucking thing about the subject matter in which you keep inserting your witless and vapid comments.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not slow, no. That said, the Dunning Kruger Effect is certainly shining brightly in this exchange.

No one is asking for "proof", just that you make even a vague attempt to support your position. You can cite facts in the form of player and coaching roles that offer up reasons for your optimism regarding "much improved". Or offer informed opinions about the team's outlook. Instead, you've chosen to take the tact of being overly literal and tedious as a means of hoping the rest of us fail to notice that you don't know a fucking thing about the subject matter in which you keep inserting your witless and vapid comments.

I'm not going to spend the time to talk about the roster in detail because you've already made up your mind.  Nothing I say is going to change that.  So instead of wasting time, we can wait until they play the games and see who is right.  How about that?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm not going to spend the time to talk about the roster in detail because you've already made up your mind.  Nothing I say is going to change that.  So instead of wasting time, we can wait until they play the games and see who is right.  How about that?

My mind isn't made up on much of anything, particularly college football teams before the spring portal even closes. I've offered concrete thoughts on why I think CU, as it stands, won't be better than 3-9/4-8 in 2024. I asked you to support your view on why we should expect vast improvement. You've done nothing since but be an evasive child using weak rhetorical tactics that are likely useful only in the comments section of HuffPo and Slate articles. 

It's obvious that you're just intimidated that we're going to discover that you likely can't name a starter outside of Travis Hunter and Shilo Sanders on CU's defense and likely couldn't even tell us what schemes to expect from the new offensive staff heading into this season. Breaking News: you've already shown yourself in that regard, which is what has us here. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

What is going on is better than what was going on prior to his hire by a HUGE margin.  I'm just along for the ride.  They didn't ask my opinion.

You're setting the lowest bar possible. There are a slew of coaches who could take a one win team to four wins. 

Outside of ticket sales and lame hype for gullible sports media, Deion hasn't really displayed a single prowess in coaching. He had a vast talent gap at his former job. 

The portal and his shithead offspring helped him make obvious improvements last year. This year he is seemingly shuffling outgoing mediocrity for incoming mediocrity. And there's reasonable evidence that he had more quality leaving than arriving in this cycle. 

They'll have zero continuity on the OL this year. Seaton will likely be their best lineman. And he's gonna get abused regularly. Tyler Brown will be a better run blocker than anyone they had last year but it won't matter when Deion insists that his toxic, shithead son throws the ball 50+ a game. Two injuries at OL and they're worse off than last year. 

I think Shedeur is a good quarterback. He has good speed, he's accurate and has a quick release, though the release is redundant because he mostly holds the ball way too long. He was allowed to fire his own OC and openly disrespected him on television. If his dad wasn't the head coach he would've been in full revolt mode. The fact he was allowed to do that probably made him more of a dickhead. So they have that going for them, which is nice. 

They'll be improved at wr next year. I don't see improvement anywhere else. Where have you seen improvement? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Colorado this week has seen the exit of former five-star cornerback Cormani McClain, starting left tackle Savion Washington and former Houston running back Alton McCaskill IV, who redshirted last season. Since the end of last season’s 4-8 campaign, Colorado has lost 26 scholarship players.

https://theathletic.com/5427563/2024/04/18/deion-sanders-colorado-football-transfers/

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I haven't made up my mind, so talk to me. I don't follow CU closely. How are things looking this offseason? Is the expectation that OL will be better and give Shedeur more time to make plays and stay healthy? Are they continuing to play Travis Hunter on offense and defense? Has overall depth/talent been added through portal and recruiting? 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

You're setting the lowest bar possible. There are a slew of coaches who could take a one win team to four wins. 
Outside of ticket sales and lame hype for gullible sports media, Deion hasn't really displayed a single prowess in coaching. He had a vast talent gap at his former job. 
The portal and his shithead offspring helped him make obvious improvements last year. This year he is seemingly shuffling outgoing mediocrity for incoming mediocrity. And there's reasonable evidence that he had more quality leaving than arriving in this cycle. 
They'll have zero continuity on the OL this year. Seaton will likely be their best lineman. And he's gonna get abused regularly. Tyler Brown will be a better run blocker than anyone they had last year but it won't matter when Deion insists that his toxic, shithead son throws the ball 50+ a game. Two injuries at OL and they're worse off than last year. 
I think Shedeur is a good quarterback. He has good speed, he's accurate and has a quick release, though the release is redundant because he mostly holds the ball way too long. He was allowed to fire his own OC and openly disrespected him on television. If his dad wasn't the head coach he would've been in full revolt mode. The fact he was allowed to do that probably made him more of a dickhead. So they have that going for them, which is nice. 
They'll be improved at wr next year. I don't see improvement anywhere else. Where have you seen improvement? 

At 3-4, the NFL player shutdowns will begin. Relying on transactional relationships is not a recipe for success in any business. I will relish the meltdown.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I haven't made up my mind, so talk to me. I don't follow CU closely. How are things looking this offseason? Is the expectation that OL will be better and give Shedeur more time to make plays and stay healthy? Are they continuing to play Travis Hunter on offense and defense? Has overall depth/talent been added through portal and recruiting? 

Chewy got upset but I am following your thoughts. We know nothing about this team with their attrition. Vegas doesn’t really know even their next game. It was off the board last week before the portal opened. Maybe it is now. I love me some Deion but if they get 5 wins in the B12 plus September gimmes that’s a win for them.

How many transcendent players made great coaches?

To be fair, how many good to great players made great coaches? You’re talking about people who mostly got to that point by being way more talented and working hard to an extent.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

To be fair, how many good to great players made great coaches? You’re talking about people who mostly got to that point by being way more talented and working hard to an extent.

Steve Kerr

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Let's say CU goes 6-6 this year, do Buff fans feel good about that?  I mean, sure an improvement, but then Shadeur leaves and Prime probably tries to leave and the program is no better than it was when he got it.  Even if Prime stays, Shadeur is pretty much the whole team.  He's not building anything long term at all.

42 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Was Ditka a good tight end? 

Ditka was a HOF player.  He also came from an era where he didn't make obscene money and players got jobs after they retired.  So you still had to be driven because there was no fallback.  Coaching was his job.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks for the Dunning Kruger Effect reference, I was unaware of the term and concept.   It was an interesting item to read up on.   Thanks!

Note:  Not weighing in on whether the reference was applied correctly, just that I appreciate being prompted to learn about it.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Prime is either the greatest coach in world sports history or completely losing it. 

His point is that he doesn't really need to recruit high school kids because he can fill a roster with starters through the portal. 

His other point is that when he loses players in the portal everyone needs to understand that there aren't starters in the portal. They're all backups. Not needed. Why else would they be leaving? 

If they're incoming, he's killing it and getting better players.

If they're outgoing, they weren't starters and they aren't missing anything. 

If you don't understand Prime logic, Prime logic will stand over you ... or some other weird, transitive shit that he likes to say. 

• Hook 'Em 2