Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

I would think keeping kids fire up after a game like that is a challenge.  Especially after they get to watch and discuss the game together.   

You get this game followed by anything even approaching 2015, then Sark just has to come to the PC and admit "they are just playing out the season now.  It's obvious what is going on.   Want to know why we are leaving?  Look at your refs for starters, big 12.  Reap what you sow." 

Then I would hope he would push for that nationwide pool of refs mentioned above.  Considering the money this sport generates, flying in refs from across the country is piddling in an effort to keep the game as fair as possible.

And no way with the advent of Zoom you couldn't have anonymous review committees of random games.  Use panels of officials and fans, ex-coaches.  Post grades for each ref and then as a group.  Refs would never know what games would be chosen each week, like random drug tests, so they call all games cleaner.  

6 hours ago, txhorns said:

I don't believe that the Big 12 has instructed the refs to rule against Texas in any manner.  It's definitely possible that they have instructed refs to protect OU since they have been the conference's best playoff shot the last few years.

The problem for Texas is pretty simple, the talent pool that the refs are drawn from.  Most fans of college football in the Big 12 footprint either love or hate Texas.  Many of the fans who hate Texas blame Texas for a lot of their school's problems.  They find it funny when Texas gets fucked over, often chalking it up to karma.

So when the Big 12 picks refs they can't send Texas fans to ref Texas games, therefore, we get the refs who hate Texas.  At best we get a ref who is indifferent but there's bound to be at least one Texas hater on the crew, likely more.

This is completely true, and most of the dumbfuck B12 refs look like aggy. 

Imagine giving up that cushy insurance sales job to go be a referee for 1/3 of the year instead.   Their median salary is 57k so I guess the raise in pay, 8 months a year to work part time cleaning restrooms at bucees and getting to fuck over TU is a sweet, sweet gig.  

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

that was legit horsecollar.  but the standards for holding continue to be allowed for our opponents and they can tackle the receiver before the ball gets there.  

If you don't drag him down by it I don't think it should be called. You know if they tackle Casey exactly like that on a 3rd down they wouldn't be flagged. 

In the SEC you can hit and tackle hard and nobody bats an eye. It's got to be an obvious dirty hit or tackle to warrant a penalty, like it's meant to be. Can't wait until we are in a real football conference.

Just now, Zeus said:

If you don't drag him down by it I don't think it should be called. You know if they tackle Casey exactly like that on a 3rd down they wouldn't be flagged. 

In the SEC you can hit and tackle hard and nobody bats an eye. It's got to be an obvious dirty hit or tackle to warrant a penalty, like it's meant to be. Can't wait until we are in a real football conference.

Oh no doubt we have been horsecollared several times this season... no flag.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1