Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

This thread cracks me up every year. If you believe the system is rigged, why do you keep coming back for this abuse every single season? I decided the NBA's officiating was corrupt in 1998 and I can count the number of games I've watched since then on one hand. I used to be a huge fan, but just seeing what a mockery the refs had made of the game was too much, so I bailed on it my late 20s so I would not stroke out by 40. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The disparity in the roughing the passer calls were the only egregious officiating I noticed today.  Aside from us just being more penalized in general that is, hard to say what accounts for that but it is not automatically bias/fuckery.  But man the call on our guy for tackling Sanders was so ticky tack and then 11 just gets blasted and driven into the ground on a very similar post release tackle level of violence and the Ok St dude just gets up and nods at the fucking ref.  No flag.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Hozz said:

The disparity in the roughing the passer calls were the only egregious officiating I noticed today.  Aside from us just being more penalized in general that is, hard to say what accounts for that but it is not automatically bias/fuckery.  But man the call on our guy for tackling Sanders was so ticky tack and then 11 just gets blasted and driven into the ground on a very similar post release tackle level of violence and the Ok St dude just gets up and nods at the fucking ref.  No flag.

yep

Little bit of the same bullshit with holding not getting called and some PI getting ignored as well, but it wasn’t an outright fuckery like OU. But I guess it didn’t have to be.

41 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Similar, except OSU player was targeting, also.

I'm sure the Big 12 offices would say the roughing call and targeting call cancelled each other out, so no foul on the play.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Deej said:

Similar, except OSU player was targeting, also.

I'm sure the Big 12 offices would say the roughing call and targeting call cancelled each other out, so no foul on the play.

Yeah, it was roughing (by the definition the refs had already established when they called us for it) plus it was a clear targeting.  It needed a flag, and it certainly warranted a review, and then another flag, plus an ejection.

But, nothing.

And nobody is at all surprised by that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Prohibited: Forcibly driving the passer to the ground and landing on him with action that punishes the player.

Clearly, the Ok.State players lifts Casey up before driving him into the ground.

Get extra pissed off, watch until the end when the same referee who called the foul against Texas seems to give the Ok.State player some kind of warning or something.

Edited by pacman

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah, it was roughing (by the definition the refs had already established when they called us for it) plus it was a clear targeting.  It needed a flag, and it certainly warranted a review, and then another flag, plus an ejection.

But, nothing.

And nobody is at all surprised by that.

My 80 year old mom, who knows nothing about football, was asking why that wasn't a flag when it was on Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Love how the ref started reaching for the flag, but when the OSU player made eye contact, he put his hand back down.

image.thumb.png.d4612a88d53dc10b423313a9af6d531d.png

image.thumb.png.2863cfe6a8cf7a20f39ccce934881126.png

Yeah, the ref clearly tells him something and he nods in acknowledgement....i assume it was something along the lines, "if you were a Texas player that is a penalty"

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Little bit of the same bullshit with holding not getting called and some PI getting ignored as well, but it wasn’t an outright fuckery like OU. But I guess it didn’t have to be.

It wasn't outright fuckery in terms of quantity, but got damn if they didn't get their money's worth in terms of quality. The calls they fucked us on were fucking huge.

6 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Love how the ref started reaching for the flag, but when the OSU player made eye contact, he put his hand back down.

image.thumb.png.d4612a88d53dc10b423313a9af6d531d.png

Nope, no targeting there.  Nothing to see here.  These aren't the droids you're looking for.  Move along.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Yeah I don't ever expect that to happen for us. I just hope one day we can get through one game without seeing it happen against us.... One game... hell, one half at this point. 

It will happen every single big 12 game this year. The only question is how many times. Once, twice, maybe five times?

I honestly didn't mind that OSU wasn't flagged on the sack of Casey Thompson.  It just seemed like aggressive football.  The fact that Thornton got called against Sanders was utter horseshit, though.  I'm not entirely sure why anyone would think a 250 lb man in mid-launch could somehow hold up, but there you go.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I honestly didn't mind that OSU wasn't flagged on the sack of Casey Thompson.  It just seemed like aggressive football.  The fact that Thornton got called against Sanders was utter horseshit, though.  I'm not entirely sure why anyone would think a 250 lb man in mid-launch could somehow hold up, but there you go.

Either call it both ways or don’t call it 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know you this but,  The point is one is flagged and one isn’t and the more egregious one isn’t flagged. 

7 hours ago, hookem48 said:

the non roughing the passer call on Casey when he not only was driven into the turf but the guy put the crown of his helmet in Casey's neck after they had just called us for roughing the passer on a play not half as bad makes even a non ref bitcher like me ask what's going on. The non call on Casey is exactly what they are supposed to watch for and the fucking ref grabbed his flag and then ate it.  As far as all the "they're holding every play" bullshit, so do we, but we're so weak we can't even hold.

quoting forward to page 24

this is the rosetta stone of fuckery

the godddamn guns of the navaronne

Edited by Hagbard Celine
24 not 48

12 hours ago, Hozz said:

It didn’t really matter in the end but the intentional grounding call was a load of shit too because Casey got hit as he threw. They never call it if the QB being hit made it a shitty pass to no one because the hit made it a shitty pass.

• Hook 'Em 4