Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

I don't think it's an actual conspiracy or that other teams are buying refs or whatever.  I do think there may be some anti-Texas bias that finds its way into officiating.  It's hard to argue with that chart.  What?  We're just that poorly coached, undisciplined and actually committed all of those penalties and the other teams we played are not?  Just not feasible.  The other thing that should be considered, though, is not just officials' incompetence, but also the skill of the other team in hiding their fouls.  We can see it on TV and replay with different angles and speeds.  The refs are seeing it once, from one angle and at real time speed.  Players are being coached to cheat in a way that is difficult or impossible for officials to see that they are cheating.

When jerseys are being pulled away from the player, that’s not hiding anything. It’s just daring the refs to call it.

56 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Consistency is what everyone wants.  They know the rules, they see what happens and they don't give a shit.  No one gives a shit except fans who watch it.  Shit, even the OU fans know that was fixed.

Sark is a pussy for sending it just to the conference.    He has had enough film to hold a press conference on the no-call targeting this year and last year, and the multiple games of double standards going back over a decade.   He should get some GA to find the clips and put together a movie reel about the fuckery and name the officials involved and their pattern of bias.  But he won't.   

Because the Big 12 will fine his ass and/or suspend him for it, that's why.

Agree that everyone wants consistency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

Sorry, ou gets called for holding in the playoffs every time. Never in this conference.

Then they only hold 2-3x?  That’s the avg holding calls in OU in playoffs. There’s holding on every play.  Talk to an O line coach.  It’s how you hold, not that you hold.

Edited by ChiTownDoc

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Rockets in the '90s were always getting fucked over by the refs and the Jazz, because the Jazz were an easier cakewalk for MJ in the finals. I fucking hate the Utah Jazz to this day even though I've not sat down and made a point of watching an NBA game this century. 

You have entire Hall of Fame careers based in large part on illegal play.

Toss it to Shaq, Shaq bowls defender over, lobs in baby hook, AND ONE, which he bricks. If the refs called it by the rulebook he'd have half the stats he wound up with. Karl Malone was somewhat similar but a little more skilled and that little rat Stockton would have been out of the league in 3-5 years if he had ended up on some anonymous squad like the Hawks or Clippers. 

Well the NBA refs hated Hakeem for some reason.  If they called fouls against Hakeem the way they did against the Celtics and Lakers stars, he would have had all world stats.  There were a couple of refs who would always call technical fouls on Houston.

NBA is absolutely the worst because every play has a foul.  And NBA refs have the biggest egos of any refs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

Well the NBA refs hated Hakeem for some reason.  If they called fouls against Hakeem the way they did against the Celtics and Lakers stars, he would have had all world stats.  There were a couple of refs who would always call technical fouls on Houston.

NBA is absolutely the worst because every play has a foul.  And NBA refs have the biggest egos of any refs.

NBA is rigged WAY easier.  Not even up for debate.  

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

well yeah but you never thought I'd bring up the missed call on the punter did you?

Oh no.  I knew that was coming.  My post was sarcasm.  That’s why I’m not posting a 10 page dissertation on why I think OU was more screwed.  I’m an OU fan. That’s how it works.  In the long run it just added fuel to the hatred, which is a good thing.  
If I’m not being sarcastic the OSU game was much worse.  

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

please show us a thread elsewhere with half the logic, evidence and grievance

Nice try...this place is still the best.  Even when you guys suck.  But I promise you, they're out there.  You can argue who has such great evidence, I'd rather not.  Apparently I'm still having trouble convincing people being vaccinated is for the greater good of society.  You think I wanna get in something WITHOUT thousands of studies?  No thanks. 

34 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh no.  I knew that was coming.  My post was sarcasm.  That’s why I’m not posting a 10 page dissertation on why I think OU was more screwed.  I’m an OU fan. That’s how it works.  In the long run it just added fuel to the hatred, which is a good thing.  
If I’m not being sarcastic the OSU game was much worse.  

84 was a situation of things "evening out" and I'm sure there was stuff that happened when Big 8 was officiating vs. when SWC was officiating.

To be somewhat fair to the refs, the powers that be have made officiating WAY to fucking complicated and have forced these guys to look for safety issues vs. just officiating the game.

IMO they should have the "safety" stuff looked at by the booth and have the officials look for egregious late hits and OL holding, DPI, OL downfield, illegal crackbacks, etc.

you watch old games and the games just flow.  replay should only be for stuff like turnovers, scoring plays, and in/out on catches.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Then they only hold 2-3x?  That’s the avg holding calls in OU in playoffs. There’s holding on every play.  Talk to an O line coach.  It’s how you hold, not that you hold.

Here’s ou holding on that final TD run on Brockermyer about to fill the hole. I agree ou holds on every play btw. 

please tell me with a straight face that ref is objective.

image.png.59c15d25eb9a44dc70f91b0f97c0f3aa.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

OU gets called early for holding in the playoffs or the bowl game then they for the most part stop doing it because they learn they can’t do it. OU holds all game in the big 12 until the game is in hand or some incredibly obvious one happens then it gets called and they still hold afterwards because they know they will get away with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Here’s ou holding on that final TD run on Brockermyer about to fill the hole. I agree ou holds on every play btw. 

Not saying objective.  I'm saying freezing pics will show holding on well over 50% of plays.  Any good O line coach teaches how to hold.  If you do it well and properly you go to the NFL and make a lot of money.  I think the top 2 largest contracts ever for O lineman in the NFL were OU players at some point recently.  It's all about when you release the hold etc.  I admit you guys have gotten screwed. 

I won't argue about this being exactly how holding works...it's a fact if you've been close to the game at any high level.  And I'll stand by OU losing their ass the vast majority of times in those playoff games because of their D.  Seems the little midget and just about all of OU's players that were slated to do well based on OU film end up panning out in the NFL.  Including that one dude who benched 225 like twice.  His technique was flawless.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scholz said:

They didn’t call holding on that play because that would have put OU out of field goal range and Charlie strong wasn’t around to bump into for a personal foul on the coach.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, JimmyJames said:

They didn’t call holding on that play because that would have put OU out of field goal range and Charlie strong wasn’t around to bump into for a personal foul on the coach.

this.  any of the 3 possible calls and its overtime.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

OU gets called early for holding in the playoffs or the bowl game then they for the most part stop doing it because they learn they can’t do it. OU holds all game in the big 12 until the game is in hand or some incredibly obvious one happens then it gets called and they still hold afterwards because they know they will get away with it. 

Sure, I'll agree...you also see what you can get away with and adjust.  I promise you OU holding has very little to do with why you guys have sucked shit through a straw and OU keeps winning.  Sure it may have some reason...but overall acting like it's the biggest reason OU keeps winning is a joke.  The biggest reason OU keeps winning this shitty conference is there's one school with OU's resources and that school has underperformed like a motherfucker.  And I already admit OU would not have won without the refs this year.  It wasn't the only reason OU won but the refs sure as shit helped. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not saying objective.  I'm saying freezing pics will show holding on well over 50% of plays.  Any good O line coach teaches how to hold.  If you do it well and properly you go to the NFL and make a lot of money.  I think the top 2 largest contracts ever for O lineman in the NFL were OU players at some point recently.  It's all about when you release the hold etc.  I admit you guys have gotten screwed. 

I won't argue about this being exactly how holding works...it's a fact if you've been close to the game at any high level.  And I'll stand by OU losing their ass the vast majority of times in those playoff games because of their D.  Seems the little midget and just about all of OU's players that were slated to do well based on OU film end up panning out in the NFL.  Including that one dude who benched 225 like twice.  His technique was flawless.  

Nobody said OU didn’t have good OL. They do. But being able to hold doesn’t get you in the NFL, it just helps you win a lot of big 12 games. 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Sure, I'll agree...you also see what you can get away with and adjust.  I promise you OU holding has very little to do with why you guys have sucked shit through a straw and OU keeps winning.  Sure it may have some reason...but overall acting like it's the biggest reason OU keeps winning is a joke.  The biggest reason OU keeps winning this shitty conference is there's one school with OU's resources and that school has underperformed like a motherfucker.  And I already admit OU would not have won without the refs this year.  It wasn't the only reason OU won but the refs sure as shit helped. 

Never argued it was the biggest reason. Or even a big reason. Just sick of watching it happen over and over for 20 years is all.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nobody said OU didn’t have good OL. They do. But being able to hold doesn’t get you in the NFL, it just helps you win a lot of big 12 games. 

Sure, and whatever that offense is was more than good enough to win a couple titles with even an average defense.  Simple.  You guys get fucked - I've agreed.  Acting like it's some monster problem that's bigger than your coaching or conditioning is a total joke and embarrassing.  

Never argued it was the biggest reason. Or even a big reason. Just sick of watching it happen over and over for 20 years is all.

Totally fair.  I would be pissed too.  UT gets shit on and they would be able to overcome a lot of it but having to deal with that on top of everything else going against you guys fucking blows.  I want UT to be competitive.  I know it seems like bullshit but it's 100% the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Uh yeah, and OU holds the way you're not supposed to hold and you're supposed to get called. They latch on immediately outside the frame by grabbing the outside of the defender's shoulder pads. Every. Single. Block. when they're in position to do it.

But I blame Texas as much for Oklahoma, it would not still be happening if Texas had done their job talking to the league office at any point in the last two decades.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Uh yeah, and OU holds the way you're not supposed to hold and you're supposed to get called. They latch on immediately outside the frame by grabbing the outside of the defender's shoulder pads. Every. Single. Block. when they're in position to do it.

But I blame Texas as much for Oklahoma, it would not still be happening if Texas had done their job talking to the league office at any point in the last two decades.

JimmyJames mentioned it - they hold until shit is called.  That's what you're taught as well.  You sure as shit know this.  And I've agreed with it - what started this back and forth was my retort to scholz saying OU doesn't do well in the playoffs because they can't hold.  That's a fucking joke.  It's because they have a peewee defense. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

I’ve got a 9th grade boy playing left tackle. I’ve told him if he’s getting beat particularly on a pass play that statistically he would be stupid not to hold. 

Not holding= at best your QB rushing a throw greatly increasing the odds of a turnover and at worst in the position he plays your QB getting killed. 

Holding helps mitigate and often eliminate those bad outcomes and at best a 10% or less chance it gets called if he does it “right”

3 hours ago, bullet said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982–83_NBA_season

We’ve struggled lately as everybody knows, but so many critical horseshit calls and non-calls have gone against us. Strongs teams got hosed many, many times. Herman’s often fell short (TCU last year) because of BS. And Sarks team hasn’t gotten Jack. Well, he did get targeting vs TCU.

I do not recall any other QB besides Colt and Card get leveled or cut on a dead ball 2-3 second after it was dead and No call. Arkansas should have two targeting calls and got none.

I do not recall any other team get called for OPI on replay. It happened to us twice.

In 2008, there’s a chance we blow the doors off OU if Tres Way doesn’t flop. Twice. That’s equivalent to two gifted turnovers. Now McCoy got roughed up twice, but neither of those were 3rd downs or drive extending penalties. Then there’s Tech. Forget about the holding. There were 2-3 blatant face masks on Techs Oline. None called.

And we all remember 2009 Nebraskie and us getting 1 second put back. But we all forget the 2-3 bogus chop block calls that seriously hindered us.

Even the Big 12 champ in 2018 was horseshit. Critical blatant non-calls on 4th and 2 and the LJH molestation late.

The weak ass ejection on Malcolm Roach versus ignoring the blatant K Murray hit on Sam in 2019.

Part of this deal is that we get it against other teams in conference making it more difficult whereas OU very often gets the benefit. ISU non-call on PI to end the game. BS spot versus TCU to end the game.

There’s no conspiracy but the hatred towards us promotes negative bias. And I hear it frequently and often when it’s totally bogus.

And when Leach and Mangino bitch, it’s taken as gospel when it’s Texas. Even Walt’s bs in 2015 OSU when discussing officiating was bogus. Maybe not surprising with their OU ties.

I am blown away at some of the holding OU has gotten away with over the years. Perhaps the worst I remember was KState LBer Archer pursuing Adrian Peterson down the line, some asshole chasing behind reaches out and horse collars him to keep him from getting there. No call. It isn’t a matter of being good at hiding it. They just refuse to call it.

Oh and is this targeting?

IMG_2659.jpg
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

their post-season record parcells their modus operandi in the league

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I'm very close to no longer being a sports fan.  With evenly matched teams and games that come down to a play or two...or a call or two.  It's too maddening to have officials decide a game.  Basketball is an entirely flawed game and should not exist.  Fouls are subjective bullshit.  Baseball is on the clock with their non-electronically called strike zone.  I don't know if bias or any kind of conspiracy is the cause of it.  I don't care.  If there's no integrity in sports, whether by intent or incompetence, then the results are all bullshit and I need to stop wasting my time with it.

MLB is actually working on and trialing an electronically called strike zone, but it's not quite consistent enough yet.

10 hours ago, JBJ said:

I don't think that was roughing against Casey, but it definitely wasn't roughing with Thornton.

The DPI we got called for was bad, the WR tripped trying to stay in bounds which tripped Josh Thompson and they both fell.  The non-DPI against us in the endzone I thought was a good no call.

OSU got away with several crackback blocks, which are supposed to be a point of emphasis this year.

We had 9 penalties with a whopping 7 being judgement calls.  The only ones I agree with are the hands to the face and the horse collar.  Sounds about right?

How in the actual fuck was that non DPI a good no call?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

Hey I hear ya, but let’s be honest here. Brock ain’t making that tackle. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

On the no call when that shit fuck tackled CT to the ground, the ref grabbed the flag, looked at the other ref, then failed to throw it.  Anyone know why the ref did that? 

Yup i saw that on the replay.  The ref was right there, watched the drive into the ground and you see his hand instinctively reach for his flag, then he lets go and moves his hand away.  He needed a second to process which team was being harmed and that thought overruled what his eyes saw.  There really is no other explanation for that reaction.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Agree.  I wish we had someone with a spine in our administration.  I can’t imaging any other team with our resources taking this shit for so long without blowing up.  Fuck, OU went ape shit at the B12 over 11am games and we don’t say shit about clearly biased refs and don’t even try to get them disciplined.

If I am a current UT attorney working on the B12 divorce I am threatening accusations of brand defamation and conspiracy against the B12 office just to subpoena their ass, dig through all their internal conversations/email, and put Walt and the OSU ref team on the stand.

12 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Because the Big 12 will fine his ass and/or suspend him for it, that's why.

Agree that everyone wants consistency. 

He would have volunteers paying for any fine.   Hell, Sark would likely get a bonus for doing so (from the coffers being filled).

8 hours ago, Had Enough said:

We’ve struggled lately as everybody knows, but so many critical horseshit calls and non-calls have gone against us. Strongs teams got hosed many, many times. Herman’s often fell short (TCU last year) because of BS. And Sarks team hasn’t gotten Jack. Well, he did get targeting vs TCU.

I do not recall any other QB besides Colt and Card get leveled or cut on a dead ball 2-3 second after it was dead and No call. Arkansas should have two targeting calls and got none.

I do not recall any other team get called for OPI on replay. It happened to us twice.

In 2008, there’s a chance we blow the doors off OU if Tres Way doesn’t flop. Twice. That’s equivalent to two gifted turnovers. Now McCoy got roughed up twice, but neither of those were 3rd downs or drive extending penalties. Then there’s Tech. Forget about the holding. There were 2-3 blatant face masks on Techs Oline. None called.

And we all remember 2009 Nebraskie and us getting 1 second put back. But we all forget the 2-3 bogus chop block calls that seriously hindered us.

Even the Big 12 champ in 2018 was horseshit. Critical blatant non-calls on 4th and 2 and the LJH molestation late.

The weak ass ejection on Malcolm Roach versus ignoring the blatant K Murray hit on Sam in 2019.

Part of this deal is that we get it against other teams in conference making it more difficult whereas OU very often gets the benefit. ISU non-call on PI to end the game. BS spot versus TCU to end the game.

There’s no conspiracy but the hatred towards us promotes negative bias. And I hear it frequently and often when it’s totally bogus.

And when Leach and Mangino bitch, it’s taken as gospel when it’s Texas. Even Walt’s bs in 2015 OSU when discussing officiating was bogus. Maybe not surprising with their OU ties.

I am blown away at some of the holding OU has gotten away with over the years. Perhaps the worst I remember was KState LBer Archer pursuing Adrian Peterson down the line, some asshole chasing behind reaches out and horse collars him to keep him from getting there. No call. It isn’t a matter of being good at hiding it. They just refuse to call it.

Oh and is this targeting?

IMG_2659.jpg

we're lucky they didn't call targeting on us.  for leading with the ribs to the head of that poor OU player.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

JimmyJames mentioned it - they hold until shit is called.  That's what you're taught as well.  You sure as shit know this.  And I've agreed with it - what started this back and forth was my retort to scholz saying OU doesn't do well in the playoffs because they can't hold.  That's a fucking joke.  It's because they have a peewee defense. 

Why not both gif

Edited by jw4381

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It is not Oklahoma's fault, at all.  It is not Okie State's fault.  It is entirely the fault of Bowlsby and those cunts in the B12 office both present and past.    It is Texas' fault for letting it go on and on and trying to take the high road.   At this point, the Longhorns should walk out on the field and ask the refs for their penalty script and what the score will be.    

Sure, and whatever that offense is was more than good enough to win a couple titles with even an average defense.  Simple.  You guys get fucked - I've agreed.  Acting like it's some monster problem that's bigger than your coaching or conditioning is a total joke and embarrassing.  

I am not sure about the conditioning part.  I cannot imagine trying to drag a 300 lb sack of shit for 3/4 of a game wouldn't wear down anyone.  

I admit you guys have gotten screwed. 

Appreciate the honesty.  I'm not saying we shouldn't have won both games anyway, but as you point out it makes it much more difficult also having to face crooked ass lousy motherfuckers in stripes.

28 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Appreciate the honesty.  I'm not saying we shouldn't have won both games anyway, but as you point out it makes it much more difficult also having to face crooked ass lousy motherfuckers in stripes.

Yeah - and I’m not acting like I’m above any of this.  If OU was getting treated like this I’d be pissed too.  It doesn’t have to be a wide ranging conspiracy to be bullshit.  It’s just as, if not more frustrating, with the small shit that adds up fast.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

On the no call when that shit fuck tackled CT to the ground, the ref grabbed the flag, looked at the other ref, then failed to throw it.  Anyone know why the ref did that? 

The QB is the head referee's responsibility unless he is obstructed.  The Center Judge wants to throw a flag here, but he should defer.

The Head Ref was obstructed on the Thornton hit, so the CJ did flag it.  He was wrong to do so.

Edited by JBJ

9 hours ago, wood said:

MLB is actually working on and trialing an electronically called strike zone, but it's not quite consistent enough yet.

Well it's not getting here soon enough.  Hell, they project the strike zone into millions of living rooms every day.  Why not pipe it up to the press box and call the balls and strikes down to the ump every pitch.  Get it called accurately or GTFO.

so did a little checking on texassports.   from 2010 to 2020(only goes back to 2010) Texas got called for more penalties EVERY year except for 2013.  most years were within a handful to 15 penalties.  This includes OOC.  I'll have some more on that later - Big 12 refing us on away OOC games.

2 outliers

2013(Mack's last year, coincidence? - Mack getting a bit of the Grant Teaff treatment)  Texas 67 penalties Opponents 95

2019 Texas 95 penalties  Opponents 64

other interesting note - even in the close total # of penalties years the yardage was in some cases much worse for Texas.  Meaning we were getting hit with more 10 to 15 yard varieties most likely.

11 seasons.  1 time fewer penalties. what are the odds of that?  On track for more again this year BTW.

This shit is rigged.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Well it's not getting here soon enough.  Hell, they project the strike zone into millions of living rooms every day.  Why not pipe it up to the press box and call the balls and strikes down to the ump every pitch.  Get it called accurately or GTFO.

since they started showing the box I'm actually amazed at how accurate they are.  but I do know Maddux and Glavine would have had more trouble because I do believe the inside outside zone has tightened up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so did a little checking on texassports.   from 2010 to 2020(only goes back to 2010) Texas got called for more penalties EVERY year except for 2013.  most years were within a handful to 15 penalties.  This includes OOC.  I'll have some more on that later - Big 12 refing us on away OOC games.

2 outliers

2013(Mack's last year, coincidence? - Mack getting a bit of the Grant Teaff treatment)  Texas 67 penalties Opponents 95

2019 Texas 95 penalties  Opponents 64

other interesting note - even in the close total # of penalties years the yardage was in some cases much worse for Texas.  Meaning we were getting hit with more 10 to 15 yard varieties most likely.

11 seasons.  1 time fewer penalties. what are the odds of that?  On track for more again this year BTW.

This shit is rigged.

That’s what I found as well. I’d like to go back the past 10 years or so and just do a straight up penalty yardage comparison. These fucks are great at calling illegal motion, false start, or holding on the opponent when the game has already been decided (and not in our favor). Kind of skews the numbers as to not look as bad as it really is. And even if we have less penalties called on us in a particular game you can bet your ass the ones they did call were to bring a scoring play or big play back. Or to extend an opponent’s possession (see roughing the passer to extend OSU’s drive on 3rd and long on Saturday). 

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1