Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

We have proven over the course of 60 minutes that we aren’t any better than Kansas, and need the calls to be equitable. Actually we’ve proven it over the course of the past 5 games. Actually we’ve proven it over the last 12 seasons. 

and yet refs still ignore stuff against us. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

11 hours ago, tx ind said:

This seems like some major bullshit, Bowlsby suspending Texas Tech radio crew for criticizing refs

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Big-12-suspends-Texas-Tech-radio-announcers-16630253.php

Only crime is naming the officials that I can see.

Fuck Bowlsby and this bush league

27 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Refs names are publicly available for all games.  Most radio and television broadcasts name them at the start of the game and often refer to them by name throughout the game.

Bowlsby is pissed because they called him out personally, and he has thin skin and a tiny dick.  Fuck that guy.  The worst part may be that the Tech AD is a big reason why the Big 12 leftovers were able to stick together and bring in the new teams, thereby saving Bowlsby's job.  After UT and OU leave, Tech is one of the largest brands left in the conference (probably the largest).  He should be kissing their ass. What an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Look Bowlsby can't make vegas bets against Texas anymore, so he will pick a new team to target.   Tech is now the biggest name in conference.   Let them reap it.  Not like they haven't benefited from it numerous times.  

Green Shirt Guy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

PS: That's not to say my team is the "biggest name" I think there will be plenty of parity in programs, but we are by far the most successful on the field over the last 10-15 years.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

PS: That's not to say my team is the "biggest name" I think there will be plenty of parity in programs, but we are by far the most successful on the field over the last 10-15 years.

That's what you took away from that?   You really are Xerox U.

13 hours ago, tx ind said:

This seems like some major bullshit, Bowlsby suspending Texas Tech radio crew for criticizing refs

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Big-12-suspends-Texas-Tech-radio-announcers-16630253.php

Pay-walled, can someone paste? Houston Comical isn't worth .99 for 10 lifetimes of access, let alone a couple months 

The interception overturn was questionable even though I think he didn't catch it. It was probably too close to overturn.

The interception when the Tech player failed to control the ball through contact with the ground was absolutely the right call. That's more of a complaint about the rules than the refs, or at least it should be.

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

I think the sorry ass human being Big XII refs should be forced to answer questions at a press conference after every game including all the damning video.

Yes.  That guy is a crook.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

Not in football.  The first 10-15 years of the Big 12, yes, they were the most successful of the R6, but not recently.

Last 23 conference games. Once again, these are just simple numbers. Would be neat to factor in non-calls, judgment calls, and timing of calls (does it affect big plays or scoring plays).

Texas 5-17-1 in penalties. 44 more total penalties (1.91 more per game).

Texas 5-18 in penalty yardage. 448 more total yards (19.48 more per game).

Probably just a coincidence. : /

3C807D13-BAF4-4AA4-AB8A-6768F59EBFE2.jpeg

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Last 23 conference games. Once again, these are just simple numbers. Would be neat to factor in non-calls, judgment calls, and timing of calls (does it affect big plays or scoring plays).
Probably just a coincidence. 
3C807D13-BAF4-4AA4-AB8A-6768F59EBFE2.thumb.jpeg.ea6f5c942543ad17ad51c54ab181af51.jpeg

Have you done non-con?

6 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

Probably just a coincidence. : /

3C807D13-BAF4-4AA4-AB8A-6768F59EBFE2.jpeg

Well, it’d be easy to chalk up raw penalties to a undisciplined team. 
Another way would be to pull data for each opponent and compare each teams average penalties and yards vs their game against Texas.  Does team X get called for penalties more or less against Texas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Well, it’d be easy to chalk up raw penalties to a undisciplined team. 
Another way would be to pull data for each opponent and compare each teams average penalties and yards vs their game against Texas.  Does team X get called for penalties more or less against Texas?

this has been going on for years  its not just the last 3 years.  the hold on the 2 pt. conversion basically sums it all up.  they look for shit to call on Texas and ignore the exact same shit for the other team.

Its an obvious grab.  both guys are looking at it and let it go.  if they throw the flag KU kicks the XP and we go to OT....

maybe the fucks had a flight to catch or needed to get to the scrip club  early.

these numbers above along are had to justify being random chance.  the teams we play on the list are in most cases more undisciplined and shittier than we are.

we can't get out of the bullshit conference fast enough.  Bowl and non con pretty much shows that when we get away from these fuckheads the shit is called pretty straight up.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/13/2021 at 10:59 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

We have proven over the course of 60 minutes that we aren’t any better than Kansas, and need the calls to be equitable. Actually we’ve proven it over the course of the past 5 games. Actually we’ve proven it over the last 12 seasons. 

and yet refs still ignore stuff against us. 

Ah bullshit.  This shitty lil conference seeded by a crooked bunch of Big8 thief’s and the mob has had it hand in more questionable BS than FIFA.

So glad to be anywhere else in college football conferences.

Now if someone had the nuts to kick the shit out of local and National media we might be on to something.

You wanna win like Saban treat all your program like Saban!

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

The play Hudson got injured on was clear roughing the passer. Have him a high ankle sprain and head ref was staring at it. Fucking cunts

CDC needs to go public about the 2 flagrant roughing the passers on Hudson with no call.  Call out Bowlsby on it.

And we had 2 phantom targeting penalties that replay had to overturn.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

this

Well Dunn tried to throw a punch (fortunately he missed).  The 2nd guy always gets called.  Should have been a double unsportsmanlike, but they usually just call it on the 2nd guy.  I'm not really going to complain about that one.  But they let it escalate the whole game.  Should have thrown a flag in the 2nd quarter.

20 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not only that, but in the 5 games in which we won the penalty battle, 4 were essentially even - i.e. 10 on us, 11 on OU.  There are several 9 to 3, 7 to 2, 10 to 3 examples the other way.

And two were Texas Tech who seems to be on the shit list as well.  Maybe they had some pent up reasons to call out the refs as the announcers did.

1 hour ago, bullet said:

CDC needs to go public about the 2 flagrant roughing the passers on Hudson with no call.  Call out Bowlsby on it.

And we had 2 phantom targeting penalties that replay had to overturn.

Bob Bowlsby says "cheating pays" in the NCAA these days

This guy you think is going to answer or give a shit about integrity?