Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

38 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Pig got fucked hard and still gave Bama a scare. Pittman is a miracle worker considering where they were two years ago under Chaggy. 

Pittman was a great O-line coach and demands physicality and effort.  Definitely a great fit for the Hawgs -- funny guy that really understands the trenches...  

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Pittman was a great O-line coach and demands physicality and effort.  Definitely a great fit for the Hawgs -- funny guy that really understands the trenches...  

He was one of if not the top recruiter for Georgia when he was there. A lot of those mens they have today are there because of him (and probably a bagman or two). 

You can tell the other teams are picking up on the Big 12 refs refusal to makes calls that favor Texas.

WVU needled Texas players after the whistle all game yesterday, pushes, cheap hits, jabs from opening kickoff to end of game.

Coburn was in the refs ear about it all game too and the refs still didn't do shit.

CDC and Sark need to say something and pay the fines. The refs are allowing open season on our QBs and Punter and it is going to get somebody seriously hurt.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, pacman said:

You can tell the other teams are picking up on the Big 12 refs refusal to makes calls that favor Texas.

WVU needled Texas players after the whistle all game yesterday, pushes, cheap hits, jabs from opening kickoff to end of game.

Coburn was in the refs ear about it all game too and the refs still didn't do shit.

CDC and Sark need to say something and pay the fines. The refs are allowing open season on our QBs and Punter and it is going to get somebody seriously hurt.

CDC and Sark have much greater things to worry about than what the refs are doing.  Like beating Kansas and finishing the season with at least a .500 winning percentage 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EuroHorn said:

CDC and Sark have much greater things to worry about than what the refs are doing.  Like beating Kansas and finishing the season with at least a .500 winning percentage 

Protecting the safety of their players is the only goal they can accomplish this season...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, pacman said:

Yeah, I saw Coburn doing that.

One positive-in the presser Sark said he thought the hit that hurt Card was a bad hit, but he was going to have to look at the tape.

This is also a CDC trump card.  "Look, you aren't protecting our players.  We're leaving in July and we aren't paying a thing.  See you in court with video of Card getting hurt."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bullet said:

Well Dunn tried to throw a punch (fortunately he missed).  The 2nd guy always gets called.  Should have been a double unsportsmanlike, but they usually just call it on the 2nd guy.  I'm not really going to complain about that one.  But they let it escalate the whole game.  Should have thrown a flag in the 2nd quarter.

When the offensive player is blatantly holding you during and after the whistle, I’d be pissed as well. Too many officials out there to miss shit like that. The problem is that a guy that sees it from then other side of the field isn’t going to make that call with 2-3 guys closer to it. 

We blame entire officiating crews when holds aren’t called when they all have different responsibilities. 

They shouldn’t pay anything. Should send medical bills though. We called it before the season started, officials were going to do us dirty all year long and it happened.

I kind of think they should play a little dirty and start accidentally running into them. Each player gets a zebra sticker on their helmet for contact.

Have the band put on a skit where the refs are mocked for their fuckery

For the next coin toss have the players try to pay the ref for an even called game would be nice.
  • Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32676430/ucla-quarterback-dorian-thompson-robinson-signs-hat-touchdown-flagged-15-yards  UCLA QB got flagged for signing a cap a fan gave him.

Almost surprised Washington didn't get flagged after that last TD.  He spun the ball a little as he dropped it.  Just not as clearly as a week before.

They really need to get the bs penalties out of the game.  They allow all the chippiness but flag a little spin of the ball.

19 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

big 12 refs are evil if you're a Texas. Killer, game/tempo changing calls against Texas all season long.

And non-calls. Definitely made a difference in the OU, OSU, KU, and WVU games. A call here or there in those four games definitely swings the outcome in our favor. Yeah we’re not very good, but should/could be sitting at 8-3 or 7-4. 

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Not replaying the 4th down spot after the WVU receiver not having control till he was well back behind the line to me was unbelievable, especially how frequently B12 refs like to stop play for video reviews.

Sounds consistent all year long TBH.  They only review things when the other team needs a break, or when they are looking to penalize us or call a fumble.  Hell, they didn't even get those right against OU.  

2 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

We are on our 3rd coach since we finished a season with less yards per game in penalties than our opponents (Mack’s last year - 2013). 

Its pretty bad how often the refs tend to miss the same shit they call on us, but lets not kid ourselves here, this team has been led by morons for a very long time.

we are badly undisciplined and have been for more than 20 years,  Robert Killebrew ring a bell?  That dude would get 1-2 late/unsportsman EACH GAME. And he played large numbers of minutes for 4 fucking years. 

The difference is back in the late 90s and all through the first decade of the year, we had enough talent to overcome the brain dead penalties. 

That is no longer the case, plus I think with the rules being even more stringent about late hits in the last 10 years we have gotten worse. 

These players have no fucking off switch when they are pissed off.  They see red and they just fucking keep going even when they know damn well they should be stopping. 

excluding the ticky tack holding calls and the occasional hands to the face that are iffy, this team still gets a shitton of actual idiotic penalties' false starts, illegal downfield, illegal shift, DELAY OF GAME, and thats just the offense.

the defense loves to hit the QB after hes thrown the ball or down (not counting the times when the QB dives to the ground and then gets hit because our guy is already in the air), or smack a WR after hes already down, or my personal fav, blast the shit out of a guy who is 3 steps OOB. 

Those stupid offensive penalties are easily solved by good teams and disciplined players who know the count is 3 this play, 1, the next and 4 the play after. 

our offensive line has trouble counting to 2. which is why we end up with false starts, or delay of games because no one knows what the fuck they are supposed to be doing

• Hook 'Em 1

Its pretty bad how often the refs tend to miss the same shit they call on us, but lets not kid ourselves here, this team has been led by morons for a very long time.

we are badly undisciplined and have been for more than 20 years,  Robert Killebrew ring a bell?  That dude would get 1-2 late/unsportsman EACH GAME. And he played large numbers of minutes for 4 fucking years. 
The difference is back in the late 90s and all through the first decade of the year, we had enough talent to overcome the brain dead penalties. 
That is no longer the case, plus I think with the rules being even more stringent about late hits in the last 10 years we have gotten worse. 
These players have no fucking off switch when they are pissed off.  They see red and they just fucking keep going even when they know damn well they should be stopping. 

excluding the ticky tack holding calls and the occasional hands to the face that are iffy, this team still gets a shitton of actual idiotic penalties' false starts, illegal downfield, illegal shift, DELAY OF GAME, and thats just the offense.
the defense loves to hit the QB after hes thrown the ball or down (not counting the times when the QB dives to the ground and then gets hit because our guy is already in the air), or smack a WR after hes already down, or my personal fav, blast the shit out of a guy who is 3 steps OOB. 

Those stupid offensive penalties are easily solved by good teams and disciplined players who know the count is 3 this play, 1, the next and 4 the play after. 
our offensive line has trouble counting to 2. which is why we end up with false starts, or delay of games because no one knows what the fuck they are supposed to be doing

Bad post.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, dcar00 said:

this has been going on for years  its not just the last 3 years.  the hold on the 2 pt. conversion basically sums it all up.  they look for shit to call on Texas and ignore the exact same shit for the other team.

Its an obvious grab.  both guys are looking at it and let it go.  if they throw the flag KU kicks the XP and we go to OT....

maybe the fucks had a flight to catch or needed to get to the scrip club  

If that's what the refs are into we should be getting every call

danielle-thomas-with-gia.jpg.f97568dc2a13858338ad39d19bd14e95.jpg

You know how couples have a celebrity "I get to sleep with" top 5 list?  I've got a deal with my wife that if I ever see certain people I'm allowed to throat punch them and she has to bail me out of jail.  Bowlsby is on this list.  Pie Face Herbstreit too.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:00 AM, babysdaddy said:

Just in case y’all wanted to see

How many times over the last 10 years have we seen a Texas defensive player do everything to try to avoid hitting a QB late and he get flagged.   The biggest one was the Okie State 2015 sham of a game when the Okie State QB was gently pushed and our defender was pulling back as he released the ball and didn't even land on his ass.

Yea this league is beyond corrupt at the Big 12 office.   And good for those Tech Radio Guys for what they did.    

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

You know how couples have a celebrity "I get to sleep with" top 5 list?  I've got a deal with my wife that if I ever see certain people I'm allowed to throat punch them and she has to bail me out of jail.  Bowlsby is on this list.  Pie Face Herbstreit too.

Your wife will let you rot in jail and lock you out of your bank account if you assault someone not on the list? Like full Trading Places? Cold-blooded.
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

For some reason, every person waking up the the corruption feels the need to qualify this.  That we are not very good is not the point.   When we were good we saw some of the same shit.  Texas Tech/Texas of 2008 is another data point.  Tech was called for numerous holding calls and penalties prior to that game and after, but for one game, the refs suddenly allowed wrestling moves by their O-line and yet ours was called for standard holding.  They even wrapped an arm around Orakpo's neck.   You are telling me a NFL stud, Orakpo suddenly couldn't get to the QB of Texas Tech which was made up of NFL Europe 2nd string talent legitimately?   Bullfucking shit.

Irrelevant. Killebrew was a passionate player who earned those late hits or extra shoves out of bounds.  He was a part of a National Championship team and that was 16 fucking years ago.   Killebrew played with heart.   You are acting like you are some expert because you can point to a slightly cheapshotting player from more than a decade and 3 coaches ago?  

Bullshit.  Our players do not have the heart to cheap shot motherfuckers.  They should.  They should revisit the bullshit.  I would love to have a Killebrew type x7 on this team that would knock a mutherfucker out for cheap shotting our QB, RB, WR, and the goddamn refs too.   Hudson Card injured and what did we do? We stand around.  Colt hit after the whistle and what do we do? We stand around.  Anyone bother to pick them up? Nope.  Sam hit in the head repeatedly and no one bothered to help him. QBs targeted repeatedly in the Arkansas game and we stand around.   

No one is complaining about the legitimate calls.   When the other team gets the play clock +2 seconds and we get the play clock +0 seconds there is an issue.  When we get delays everyone is annoyed.  If they are going to call ticky tacky holding towards or away from the play against us, then call the obvious massive holds against our opponents as well.  Yeah, they can't see everything but when the refs are looking at it, and the untrained fans can. 

I would love to see this more actually.  I haven't seen enough heart out of this team this year to do much of this.  A few late hits that were bam-bam, but I saw some fake roughing calls against us and some real roughing calls go uncalled against us.  I think that Dicker hit and the Hudson hits are fairly fuckin obvious.  Now tell me when we did the same and didn't get flagged?

Welcome to last offseason.   While some of you were fawning over the QB play some of us were concerned with the lines.   Shuffling the band leader on the titanic wasn't going to improve them and still isn't.   I don't fault the players actually.  It is not their fault they stink.   It is not Schoolers fault he is mediocre at best.  It is entirely on the fucking staffs for recruiting, portalling, and not evaluating talent.  It is on Sark coaching the National Championship game for Alabama instead of coming in early and watching film, and meeting with the team and then discovering how shit they really were.  Why do we have depth issues at the RB position, because the offensive line sucks and gets the RBs beat to shit.   Why do we have injured QBs and now depth issues here, because the no-line sucks and gets the QBs beat to shit.   

But this thread is about the refs.  And how they just let anyone tee-off on our players and how they have been rigging games for well over a decade with zero scrutiny.  You seem to act like the Okie State 2015 game was a one-off.  I see it as the refs just being more blatant with their fuckery and not even trying to hide it.  Why is it the crap Texas team has fewer penalties when games are officiated by other conference officials?

I have seen some bullshit calls here and there in other conference games.  But I never see the systemic fuckery that I see here year after year after year.  Yeah, I welcome the SEC where the cheating by their refs is nothing like the shit here.  And no, I don't believe for a second our refs are bad.  They are just bought. 

Edited.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Your wife will let you rot in jail and lock you out of your bank account if you assault someone not on the list? Like full Trading Places? Cold-blooded.

Nah she'll still help me out (probably).  She's just not allowed to bitch about it if it's Bowlsby.

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

How many times over the last 10 years have we seen a Texas defensive player do everything to try to avoid hitting a QB late and he get flagged.   The biggest one was the Okie State 2015 sham of a game when the Okie State QB was gently pushed and our defender was pulling back as he released the ball and didn't even land on his ass.

Yea this league is beyond corrupt at the Big 12 office.   And good for those Tech Radio Guys for what they did.    

And yes, this was a long time ago. 2007. But it is still inexcusable and just one in a long line of this conference's refs fucking us. You can add in there the Michael Bennett aggy cheap shot on Colt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

20 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I disagree on our defense doing late hits.  But I certainly agree with you about the offense.

The sad part is that we suck so bad we've let the officials make it open season on us and they realize we'll just look like sore losers if the staff/administration say anything about it.  Of course some of these games may have flipped with even officiating so it's a catch 22.  Regardless of the outcome of this game, that non-call on the hit against Card may have been the worst of the year.  Can you imagine if we were competing for a playoff spot and the starting QB was knocked out with that late hit with a no call?  It would be replayed on every highlight show and all over twitter.  Instead, Texas fans are the only ones talking about it.  Zero chance THAT call isn't made in different circumstances.  It's flat out player endangerment and really fucked up.

But watching other Big 12 games, incompetent officiating is rampant and worse than I've ever seen it in this conference.  Whether we are ready to compete in the SEC or not we have to get the fuck out of here sooner rather than later.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

And yes, this was a long time ago. 2007. But it is still inexcusable and just one in a long line of this conference's refs fucking us. You can add in there the Michael Bennett aggy cheap shot on Colt. 

Definitely remember that bullshit.  The only thing that pissed me off more than the cheap shot was the reaction of his OL.  Didn't even bother to help him up.  Just an unbelievable display of pussyosity.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

The season could look different if 3 non-called penalties were called correctly.

1. OU receiver clearly going OOB before catch. Ref threw hat even.
2. Double sound punt “block”
3. Roughing passer on the Card injury.

All were clear. All went against us.

The roughing of Dicker was about as egregious as the Card injury.   

The season could look different if 3 non-called penalties were called correctly.

1. OU receiver clearly going OOB before catch. Ref threw hat even.
2. Double sound punt “block”
3. Roughing passer on the Card injury.

All were clear. All went against us.

You could add personal foul roughing the QB versus OSU. And holding versus KU.

The rare PI against KState in our end zone was unusual. The black back judge called it. The line judge was closer and ran up to the back judge and looked like he was debating it vehemently. Call stood but my section sensed the same bullshit.

PI and holding penalties occur on almost every play and are hugely subjective. Under Herman, the discrepancy in PI was so massive that he joked he should teach our receivers to get held more.

Can’t wait to get out of the chickenshit outfit.

On a side note, it’s a relief to see some diversity in the officiating crew, if you know what I mean. The prospect of seeing more elderly bankers and insurance salesmen from Lubbock and Sweetwater is not comforting.

• Fuck You 1