Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

18 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

The rare PI against KState in our end zone was unusual. The black back judge called it. The line judge was closer and ran up to the back judge and looked like he was debating it vehemently. Call stood but my section sensed the same bullshit.

PI and holding penalties occur on almost every play and are hugely subjective. Under Herman, the discrepancy in PI was so massive that he joked he should teach our receivers to get held more.

Can’t wait to get out of the chickenshit outfit.

On a side note, it’s a relief to see some diversity in the officiating crew, if you know what I mean. The prospect of seeing more elderly bankers and insurance salesmen from Lubbock and Sweetwater is not comforting.

yeah when I saw that flag come in from off screen I thought "oh hey, we have at least one ref that is just going to call it like they see it, instead of checking the jersey first".

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
57 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I am confused. @slorch has assured us that the refs favor big, bad Texas.

No he hasn’t. 

Have I ever complained about officiating? Of course. But in general big 12 officiating sucks on many different levels beyond being biased towards one certain team.

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

No he hasn’t. 

Have I ever complained about officiating? Of course. But in general big 12 officiating sucks on many different levels beyond being biased towards one certain team.

It IS largely biased toward one team (Oklahoma), but watch more Texas football. The shit that usually gets done to us is not just sheer idiocy. And I am not saying we never benefit, but we certainly haven't benefitted much in a long time.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, TriStone said:

Definitely remember that bullshit.  The only thing that pissed me off more than the cheap shot was the reaction of his OL.  Didn't even bother to help him up.  Just an unbelievable display of pussyosity.

This right here.  I remember watching this game, and I too was more angry with our own OL for not fuckstomping English for that shit.   Take the 15 yard unsportsman like penalty, and maybe even get tossed from the game, but someone better have the QBs back.  Bunch of pussies.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Your feet have to be down. He was right about at the stick when his foot touched down.

Yep, then he may or may not have made the first down there, but then the ref removed all doubt. Guess he didn't want a measurement.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

No he hasn’t. 

It may have been a while since he squawked about it, but he ABSOLUTELY has made that argument in the past. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep, then he may or may not have made the first down there, but then the ref removed all doubt. Guess he didn't want a measurement.

That wasn't the first down marker.  That was the original line of scrimmage.  The ref turned a 2nd and 11 into a 2nd and 7.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm fully expecting Sark to be tossed from the OSU game for walking out of the tunnel. 

shit, they are going to toss Patterson out as well from the booth.  

Official "Roughing the lineback, receiving helmet to helmet contact, on the quarterback.  15 yard penalty, Quinn Ewers is ejected from the game.  "  
Announcers: I am not sure about that one.  Oh well.  Texas gets all the calls away Spence, so it works out in the end.  I have it on my list Texas has 14 penalties for 112 yards and Oklahoma State is just more disciplined with 0 penalties.   

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

True. Until Fla St called that timeout

Well they called timeout because nobody - including the officials knew what the fuck was going on. 

The 10 mins to review it really gets me.

If he was in bounds, they screwed it up, but at this point LSU gets one more play. 

If he was out of bounds, they got it right, and LSU gets one more play. 

Why even stop the game beyond the timeout and review it?