Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

Stop with the "fix" talk already.  That's gaping pussy shit.  The refs are incompetent, we all already knew that.  They missed a ton of calls, as they do every game.  If we had somehow beat OU, their fans would be posting screenshots of shit the refs missed on us too.  There isn't a grand conspiracy, there's no one pulling strings behind the scenes.  Especially Bowlsby, lol.  Lemme get this straight, the guy who got totally punked in realignment is somehow organizing a conspiracy against ONE of the two teams that screwed him.  He's simultaneously incompetent enough to get screwed in realignment and competent enough to orchestrate a conspiracy involving MULTIPLE people in the Big12 HQ and the refs, knowing that if any word of it leaked it would be a total shitshow.  Occam's razor, what's more likely?  That??  Or that the refs just suck and OU got the benefit of some great bounces plus our defensive personnel are bad?  I realize we're all hurting and want some bad guy to lash out against but c'mon man, this is straight up aggy.  Don't be aggy, take the loss pussies and realize that our trend line improving, you don't cure the stink of Herman/Strong/Mack in half a season, and you can't put this on conspiracy.  JFC.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Stop with the "fix" talk already.  That's gaping pussy shit.  The refs are incompetent, we all already knew that.  They missed a ton of calls, as they do every game.  If we had somehow beat OU, their fans would be posting screenshots of shit the refs missed on us too.  There isn't a grand conspiracy, there's no one pulling strings behind the scenes.  Especially Bowlsby, lol.  Lemme get this straight, the guy who got totally punked in realignment is somehow organizing a conspiracy against ONE of the two teams that screwed him.  He's simultaneously incompetent enough to get screwed in realignment and competent enough to orchestrate a conspiracy involving MULTIPLE people in the Big12 HQ and the refs, knowing that if any word of it leaked it would be a total shitshow.  Occam's razor, what's more likely?  That??  Or that the refs just suck and OU got the benefit of some great bounces plus our defensive personnel are bad?  I realize we're all hurting and want some bad guy to lash out against but c'mon man, this is straight up aggy.  Don't be aggy, take the loss pussies and realize that our trend line improving, you don't cure the stink of Herman/Strong/Mack in half a season, and you can't put this on conspiracy.  JFC.

They were 0/3 on reviewing crucial momentum-changing plays that could have gone against OU. In an era where they review every little thing. It's just hard to believe they wouldn't have reviewed really close/obvious fumbles if it was the other way.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

There isn't a grand conspiracy, there's no one pulling strings behind the scenes.  Especially Bowlsby, lol.  Lemme get this straight, the guy who got totally punked in realignment is somehow organizing a conspiracy against ONE of the two teams that screwed him. 

Bowlsby’s comments after the announcement show that he especially doesn’t like Texas. Whatever else you believe, that’s a fact. 

OU got every break in this game. The “why” is debatable. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

the refs in the tcu game were incompetent.  this was every call (some obvious) going directly against us.  they didn't even call offsides penalties.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

We're just gonna have to blow everyone else the fuck out. It's the only way. 

We blew out OU too.  The refs were the ones that decided that couldn't be allowed.  Same for Okie State  2015.  What was that 3 TDs stolen by the refs, and 2 turnovers recovered by Texas that were also stolen?  My favorite being the Mason Rudolph recovery where he stripped the ball away from 3-4 Longhorns in a pile with only his non-throwing hand, after arriving late, and never demonstrating he had possession of the ball in any capacity whatsoever.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Because he is incompetent conference head and an idiot doesn't mean he isn't vindictive and a corrupt POS.   Lets play Occam's razor then.  If every ball bounce and every single call goes one way, and there is a bunch of obvious stuff not getting called, delay, false start, that are inexcusable to be missed along with hands to the face (inexcusable to me missed) and face masks, inexcusable to be missed, and the ref tossing his hat at the WR going OOB, and 0 replays for key mistakes by one team, but they were johnny on the spot when the other team had a delay, or false start and even called ticky-tacky holding on the other team.  When teams are playing with two different rule books, and this is a systemic problem that is so predictable it follows patterns previously observed before, do you think it is just pure random, even though it continually happens to the benefit of certain teams and the detriment of one.   

But then again, maybe you believe gullible is not in the dictionary.   

You can blame this on the defense.  But they were being held and no amount of conditioning prepares them for that.  The d-line was trying to carry a 300 lb sack of shit for 2.5 hours.   That is why OU was suddenly unstoppable late in the game.   

Don't forget the refs were there to confer and talk over the intentional grounding.   They were once again, willing to stop the game to review a play that could harm Texas, and unwilling to review a play that could help Texas (harm OU).  The only reviews they had for OU were obvious.   That lateral was picked up and ran back.   

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

How can it be a fumble if Stoops never gained possession? Did one of our players recover the muff or even attempt to scoop & score? I don't recall.

What would you call it if an option QB threw a pitch over the RB's head? A fumble. Same thing here. Stoops didn't fumble in that scenario, but the QB did for box score purposes. A lateral is just fumble in that situation.

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

What would you call it if an option QB threw a pitch over the RB's head? A fumble. Same thing here. Stoops didn't fumble in that scenario, but the QB did for box score purposes. A lateral is just fumble in that situation.

A backwards pass

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

A lateral or backwards pass is a live ball. Period. That qualifies. 

FIFY, but otherwise you're correct

Most flank officials aren't going to call the pass in question backwards, so don't be disappointed when it's not ruled as such. When in doubt, a "lateral" is a forward pass. Unfortunately, this one is too close to call at game speed. IMO, the WR out-of-bounds ruling was much more egregious since the deep flank ruled him OB. 

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Most flank officials aren't going to call the pass in question backwards, so don't be disappointed when it's not ruled as such. When in doubt, a "lateral" is a forward pass. Unfortunately, this one is too close to call at game speed. IMO, the WR out-of-bounds ruling was much more egregious since the deep flank ruled him OB. 

And that’s why review exists. The play should have been reviewed. Had we thrown that ball, it would have been reviewed immediately. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

And that’s why review exists. The play should have been reviewed. Had we thrown that ball, it would have been reviewed immediately. 

Maybe so, but I doubt our marginally competent replay officials would rule this backwards either. It's close, but a "lateral" isn't obvious. Especially after it was ruled incomplete on the field. 

9 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I have no problem with the call on the field, although they could have not blown the play dead and let it finish.  I have a bigger problem with no call down from the booth for a review.  THAT was the problem and was the problem multiple times.

• Like 3

Anyone who doesn't thing UT was jobbed by the referees is a fucking idiot. That isn't the reason for the loss, but it is the reason the game was close. Without the Xavier fumble Texas wins and we still point out all this stuff. Sark as the leader of the team cannot blame the refs. He needs accountability within the locker room. Once this team becomes what it needs to I have every confidence that sark will chew refs out and call them out in pressers. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I have no problem with the call on the field, although they could have not blown the play dead and let it finish.  I have a bigger problem with no call down from the booth for a review.  THAT was the problem and was the problem multiple times.

I officiated TXHSFB for 10 years and worked both HL and LJ. At game speed, on-the-field I'd probably rule that pass incomplete too. Flank officials are trained to blow it dead immediately in that situation. We were also trained, by Big 12 officials at our seminars, to rule "laterals" as forward passes when in doubt.

This pass is too close to call at game speed and when in doubt, it will oftentimes be ruled incomplete. It sucks, but I think the QB drifting back gives it more of the illusion of being a backwards pass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Anyone who doesn't thing UT was jobbed by the referees is a fucking idiot. That isn't the reason for the loss, but it is the reason the game was close. Without the Xavier fumble Texas wins and we still point out all this stuff. Sark as the leader of the team cannot blame the refs. He needs accountability within the locker room. Once this team becomes what it needs to I have every confidence that sark will chew refs out and call them out in pressers. 

I saw quite a few OU holding calls that probably should've been flagged, but IDK why Big 12 officials would "have it in" for UT with OU leaving the conference too. I don't think there's any conspiracy which includes Bowlsby directing them to fuck us. At least, I hope there isn't. 

I saw quite a few OU holding calls that probably should've been flagged, but IDK why Big 12 officials would "have it in" for UT with OU leaving the conference too. I don't think there's any conspiracy which includes Bowlsby directing them to fuck us. At least, I hope there isn't. 

I think this is the motto of the Big 12 Officiating office

Never Attribute to Malice . . . - Ask Leo!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Dont think it has to do with leaving the conference or even UT specifically. I think they were trying to make it much closer. Blowouts are bad for ratings hence bad for the big XII. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

We were also trained, by Big 12 officials at our seminars, to rule "laterals" as forward passes when in doubt.

The key difference here being you don't have access to replay and these officials do.

Blowing it dead here is the wrong call, because it stops the play no matter what. When it is this close, they should let it play out and get it called correctly in the booth. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I officiated TXHSFB for 10 years and worked both HL and LJ. At game speed, on-the-field I'd probably rule that pass incomplete too. Flank officials are trained to blow it dead immediately in that situation. We were also trained, by Big 12 officials at our seminars, to rule "laterals" as forward passes when in doubt.
This pass is too close to call at game speed and when in doubt, it will oftentimes be ruled incomplete. It sucks, but I think the QB drifting back gives it more of the illusion of being a backwards pass. 

I don’t think people disagree with the on field call, but the booth should review. That review cannot be done in 40 seconds. I don’t think it’d get overruled on replay. But you stop the video when the ball is released and go from there. This is an instance of a play in which you cannot blame the onfield official for their call either way. No angle or perspective.

With respect to process, if there is any doubt, you should be trained to let it play out. Then rule. Errors have been caused because we call it based on letting it play out then the booth can’t overturn due to being inconclusive. So here, let it play out then come back and say incomplete on the field. That way if in fact it’s wrong and overruled, it works as it should.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

OKIE STATE 2015..   Prove me wrong there isn't a grand conspiracy 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, immamac said:

It wouldn't hurt  for Sark to work the Refs....   After years now of watching football and getting irritated with opposing coaches who at times worked the Refs,  I can see it's worth for a call or two during the course of a game.  Especially if someone on that crew had their stuff called out before or got an ear full by that coach.  For his faults we all discuss here, Mack did well working the Refs.    

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Maybe so, but I doubt our marginally competent replay officials would rule this backwards either. It's close, but a "lateral" isn't obvious. Especially after it was ruled incomplete on the field. 

more fuckery.  A) they are supposed to not blow that dead specifically B) they did so that if it is close it stands as incomplete

question: does college have the clear recovery rule?

to be clear, it is probably not backward but there is absolutely no way they can know that from where they stand.  don'Tet blow your fucking whistle.  

additionally I am sure they would have let the play go had Texas done that.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

They were 0/3 on reviewing crucial momentum-changing plays that could have gone against OU. In an era where they review every little thing. It's just hard to believe they wouldn't have reviewed really close/obvious fumbles if it was the other way.

Here's the deal.  There were a half dozen close plays.  And other than the receiver stepping out of bounds, they got all of them right.  They just all went against us.  And we know the Big 12 refs almost never call holding on pass plays.  OU just takes better advantage of that than anybody else in the conference.  They don't call it much period.

Stop whining.  Y'all sound like aggys.

• Fuck You 2

The thing the NFL gets right is the challenge system and otherwise only reviewing all change of possession and scoring plays, plays in the last 2 minutes of a half.   It takes a lot of the appearance of impropriety out of it.

One thing I don't get in either the NFL or College is the head referee's involvement in the replay.  Now candidly in both leagues I don't know WHO makes the final decision but when the crew is being called into question the guy who works and travels with the crew also shouldn't be involved in any QC decision of the crew's work.  I get getting him on a phone/headset to get the perspective of what he or his crew saw, or thought they saw but beyond that the decision shouldn't be in anybody on the field's hands.  And I am not arguing that is all of a sudden going to make reviews perfect (MLB does it the way I am describing and it certainly doesn't always work) BUT it takes care of the simple axiom of you don't let people doing the work QC their own work.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, bullet said:

Here's the deal.  There were a half dozen close plays.  And other than the receiver stepping out of bounds, they got all of them right.  They just all went against us.  And we know the Big 12 refs almost never call holding on pass plays.  OU just takes better advantage of that than anybody else in the conference.  They don't call it much period.

the fumble by the QB wasn't correct.  the ball was moving before his hand went forward.  they missed false starts by OU.

you are only considering the flags that were thrown.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

complete and utter horseshit.

ou qb fumbled the ball deep in their own territory on a scoring drive and it was never reviewed.  abc rules expert even confirmed it.  pretty critical moment in the game in the fourth quarter as well.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

In high school there isn't replay except in playoffs.  they are supposed to let something that close like that go and let replay sort it out at the college and NFL level now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

We knew the fix was in this year. Couldn't be more obvious and even the local radio guys like Babers knew it was coming. 

Can't wait to get out this piece of shit conference and hope the motherfucker burns down after we leave. 

They've chosen not to "burn" and to instead go out with a whimper (adding Houston)

41 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dont think it has to do with leaving the conference or even UT specifically. I think they were trying to make it much closer. Blowouts are bad for ratings hence bad for the big XII. 

I think that came into play with the hat pick up on the 3rd and 19.  They could see it was about to be a blow out and then

"no no no, I've got him being forced out, you saw that too, right?" 

"uh yeah right forced out, sorry, I think the wind just blew my hat off"

Been 10+ years of mostly mediocre results in conference, at this point blaming it on the refs seems very Aggy. If there’s a conspiracy between B12 & refs to keep us from winning, it’d be one long-lasting conspiracy to keep secret. Working the refs better from the sidelines might help, but more importantly just need to execute at a higher level so bad calls from refs can’t determine the outcome. 

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think that came into play with the hat pick up on the 3rd and 19.  They could see it was about to be a blow out and then

"no no no, I've got him being forced out, you saw that too, right?" 

"uh yeah right forced out, sorry, I think the wind just blew my hat off"

Seriously that play was like that cop-cam video showing a dude surrendering to the police well before they approached, they beat the living fuck out of him and when other cops asked how he came to be bleeding so much, they said “he was resisting.” And the cop who asked the question just goes “oh.” Like case closed, no more questions, nothing to see here, show’s over folks.

”Why’d you drop your hat?”

”Oh I thought he stepped out but the wind is really bad and it dried my eyes and I now remember seeing the defender pushing him out.”

”Oh…”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Not everybody is saying it’s fixed but it’s damn sure incompetent. The receiver clearly stepped out of of bounds on his own but that play stood and eventually led to 7 points. The fumble by their QB should have been 7 pts for us. OU holding at least 3 people obviously including the receiver who nearly pulled Jamison’s helmet off by the face mask led to the last touchdown run. 
   But you’re probably right. If you’re upset about this you’re just a big pussy. GTFO with this shit. That was 21 points of bullshit in a 7 point win. I left out a lot more shit. Please post all the point negating penalties/ non penalties they missed on the Sooners. I’ll wait. I’ll give you this, even with all the fuckery that happened, Texas still should have won if they’d avoided dumb mistakes of their own. That doesn’t take away the fact that Texas has a right to complain and their fans have a right to be royally pissed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, txindep said:

Been 10+ years of mostly mediocre results in conference, at this point blaming it on the refs seems very Aggy. If there’s a conspiracy between B12 & refs to keep us from winning, it’d be one long-lasting conspiracy to keep secret. Working the refs better from the sidelines might help, but more importantly just need to execute at a higher level so bad calls from refs can’t determine the outcome. 

sure but you realize you are in the fuck big 12 refs thread right?

24 minutes ago, bullet said:

Wrong, and the last egregious holds were on the last running play.

2 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Not everybody is saying it’s fixed but it’s damn sure incompetent. The receiver clearly stepped out of of bounds on his own but that play stood and eventually led to 7 points. The fumble by their QB should have been 7 pts for us. OU holding at least 3 people obviously including the receiver who nearly pulled Jamison’s helmet off by the face mask led to the last touchdown run. 
   But you’re probably right. If you’re upset about this you’re just a big pussy. GTFO with this shit. That was 21 points of bullshit in a 7 point win. I left out a lot more shit. Please post all the point negating penalties/ non penalties they missed on the Sooners. I’ll wait. I’ll give you this, even with all the fuckery that happened, Texas still should have won if they’d avoided dumb mistakes of their own. That doesn’t take away the fact that Texas has a right to complain and their fans have a right to be royally pissed.

hell its so bad even Fowler(who is no Texas fan) let the cat out of the bag.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 2

If you use the yardmarker as reference, rattlers forward foot is even with it when he throws..the ball curves backwards and is a good 3 inches behind the yardmarker before cock goblin Jr. Touches the ball..

But none of this makes a shit, game is in the books, dirt burglars steal another one.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I have a problem with not letting that play finish.  that's why I asked if college has the clear recovery rule.  

also, our guys need to act like any ball in that situation is an obvious fumble, do not pay attention to whistles if the ball appears live at all.