Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

I just checked the box score. Yesterday, the Line Judge was Kelly Deterding. That’s the same guy that bumped Strong to cost us the 2015 OSU game. 

The referee was Tuta Salaam. I don’t know what his beef was with us. 

It would be interesting to re-watch and see which flags Deterding threw. He should never be allowed to officiate one of our games. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, statsman said:

I just checked the box score. Yesterday, the Line Judge was Kelly Deterding. That’s the same guy that bumped Strong to cost us the 2015 OSU game. 

I’d be interested to see if that’s the guy who threw most of the BS flags. 

17 minutes ago, statsman said:

Was he the line judge on the far side that kept giving us terrible spots?

22 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It would be interesting to re-watch and see which flags Deterding threw. He should never be allowed to officiate one of our games. 

In TXHSFB, schools can scratch TASO officiating crews and individual officials. This dirtbag shouldn't be working our games after that incident with Strong. But, Big 12 oversight and management, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

With the emphasis on player safety required to save the sport, it‘s insane for the Big 12 to allow an official with a grudge out there. 

The B12 doesn’t care about player safety, they employ corrupt officials for a reason. They let multiple targeting calls slide against us already this year. It took a booth guy to get one of them. I am sure that dude will get a talking too, or removed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You're 1 for 2. That's a touchback in the NFL. That's a better rule

You can onside kick after a safety 

Yeah I think so too.  If you can't legitimately possess the ball in the field of play, without the momentum of the ball carrying you into the endzone, then you don't deserve the call of "downing" the ball at the 1 or wherever.  It should be a TB.

I think a lot of NFL rules are better, like the punitive aspect of PI to the spot of the foul.  Of course, that only works when PI is correctly called.  These days, the refs are letting the receivers break off their routes and slow down or stop for underthrown balls, which inevitably initiates contact with the defender who is running close behind, and somehow that's called PI on the defender.  

Edited by utee94

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

... the refs are letting the receivers break off their routes and slow down or stop for underthrown balls, which inevitably initiates contact with the defender who is running close behind, and somehow that's called PI on the defender.  

I'm confused. You appear to be saying that some rule prevents receivers from running "inorrect" routes, and another rule makes it illegal for a receiver to slow down or even stop, and if he does so the defender is allowed to run into or over him without penalty. Please elucidate.

22 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I'm confused. You appear to be saying that some rule prevents receivers from running "inorrect" routes, and another rule makes it illegal for a receiver to slow down or even stop, and if he does so the defender is allowed to run into or over him without penalty. Please elucidate.

If the receiver stops running on a fly route because the ball is underthrown, contact is inevitable.  And it's the receiver who initiated the contact.  Should either be a no-call, or OPI.  Yet is nearly always called as DPI.  Which is bogus.

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

If the receiver stops running on a fly route because the ball is underthrown, contact is inevitable.  And it's the receiver who initiated the contact.  Should either be a no-call, or OPI.  Yet is nearly always called as DPI.  Which is bogus.

I was afraid that's what you're thinking. Never mind.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

The B12 doesn’t care about player safety, they employ corrupt officials for a reason. They let multiple targeting calls slide against us already this year. It took a booth guy to get one of them. I am sure that dude will get a talking too, or removed.

Nobody cares about player safety.  It's lip service.  If they truly cared about player safety in CFB they would adjust the clock rules to reduce the number of plays in the game.  Joel Klatt regularly beats this drum that with the way the clock is stopped teams end up playing an entire extra game of snaps then they would if CFB had something more closely resembling the NFL clock rules.  

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the reasons I quit going to games is the fucking agony of sitting and doing nothing while the conference, cable, station, network all spend the next minute or ten trying to sell shit to those watching at home, while we who are in the stadium get to watch... what? The teams gather on their sidelines, the refs discuss how to fuck up calls and get more facetime, we get to listen to either insipid shit from the band wienies or insipider but noisier shit from the giant advertisement screen... and the folks watching at home get to stretch, pee, grab more grub, and pop a top on a nice beer that didn't cost more than its own six-pack price  and didn't require standing in line for fifteen minutes. 

I'ma go with stretching, peeing, eating and drinking.

Especially when the assholes running the ads have made the game expand from a couple of hours to four or more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

I think a lot of NFL rules are better, like the punitive aspect of PI to the spot of the foul. 

I think that’s one of the NFL’s worst penalties. I hate the spot foul because rewarding an offense 50 yards on occasion is ridiculous. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think that’s one of the NFL’s worst penalties. I hate the spot foul because rewarding an offense 50 yards on occasion is ridiculous. 

I like it for exactly that reason, because in college a DB can just obliterate a WR when he knows he's about t give up a 50-yard TD reception, and it'll only cost his team 15 yards, which is even more ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 5

I like it for exactly that reason, because in college a DB can just obliterate a WR when he knows he's about t give up a 50-yard TD reception, and it'll only cost his team 15 yards, which is even more ridiculous.

I think PI should have 2 degrees. Regular is 15 yds. Tackling or grabbing jersey from behind is spot foul. College couldnt enforce because the refs suck so bad.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, statsman said:

Fuck that guy.  He was also the one that ruled that OSU recovered a Mason Rudolph fumble when we CLEARLY RECOVERED IT.  It was not a reviewable call.  That one made me more ragey than any of them and it was probably the most significant of all the bad calls that day. 

For some reason I thought he was out of the officiating game.  I'd be interested to see how he officiated yesterday's game.  If he was the LJ, he would have been on TCU's side. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

In TXHSFB, schools can scratch TASO officiating crews and individual officials. This dirtbag shouldn't be working our games after that incident with Strong. But, Big 12 oversight and management, right?

There’s no “scratching officials” at the college level. 

1 hour ago, Assman said:

Fuck that guy.  He was also the one that ruled that OSU recovered a Mason Rudolph fumble when we CLEARLY RECOVERED IT.  It was not a reviewable call.  That one made me more ragey than any of them and it was probably the most significant of all the bad calls that day. 

For some reason I thought he was out of the officiating game.  I'd be interested to see how he officiated yesterday's game.  If he was the LJ, he would have been on TCU's side. 

don't the line judges switch at half time?  but yeah fuck that guy.  Lubbock dude and probably on the take.

I know it's been mentioned, but I've never seen a game with more bad spots than Saturday.

I've seen a bad spot or two.... I've seen refs shade a half yard on a crucial 3rd down run .... but there was MULTIPLE times they took a first down away by 1-2 yards.

Seriously a WTF.

I was yelling at the TV at a kids party. 

BIL tried to calm me down. 

I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/3/2021 at 2:10 AM, TKthunder2 said:

I think that’s a bullshit interpretation when the ball is only a few feet away from the end zone.  They’ve always tossed it back when that close historically.  Possession on a moving ball when running full speed into the end zone should not be given the benefit of the doubt on the 1 yard line, in my opinion.

Dead ball possession involves player momentum, not just touching the ball.  This was a bad call.

The other team (Texas in this intance) has the option to take the ball where it was first touched or where it was ruled dead, so that players can't just casually run punts back a few yards.

Possession is a sort of judgement call, but this one should have been obvious.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Dead ball possession involves player momentum, not just touching the ball.  This was a bad call.

The other team (Texas in this intance) has the option to take the ball where it was first touched or where it was ruled dead, so that players can't just casually run punts back a few yards.

Yeah I thought surely we were getting the ball at the 20. One of many bad calls that game

15 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think OPI should be consistent with DPI. If you can penalize the defense 50 yards then the offense should be penalized 50 yards for the same infraction.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:47 AM, honolulu horn said:

I’m actually surprised they didn’t hit Cook w a targeting penalty on the BS unsportsmanlike hit on the sliding qb. Their helmets touched each other. Figured the refs would overreact to that contact. 

Archer fx GIF on GIFER - by Voramar

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

And yet we had more penalties for more yards?

your colleagues are stupid fucks.

Mainly bitchin’’ about the no-call for targeting on (was it?) Cook … like that was a game changer.

I asked them to confirm there is no penalty for “adjusting” an opposing receiver’s shirt-tail.

1C265265-3158-4515-BADC-DC3B812F050D.jpeg

17 hours ago, utee94 said:

we won a National Championship because of that rule.  I'm good with it.

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

as far as I understand the college rule.  if you posses the ball with one foot down on the field that is the spot at which it is marked.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:45 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m trying to remember but I think he was the one on our sideline. 

He was on the far sideline (on camera), our sideline. He was the guy lined up at the line of scrimmage. I haven't re-watched to confirm he was the one making the spots yet, or to see which flags he threw. I did look back and see in comments on shaggy that he was fucking us with spots in games after the infamous OSU game. 

Kelly Deterding works for a bank in Lubbock, FYI, but did not graduate from Tech.

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He was on the far sideline (on camera), our sideline. He was the guy lined up at the line of scrimmage. I haven't re-watched to confirm he was the one making the spots yet, or to see which flags he threw. I did look back and see in comments on shaggy that he was fucking us with spots in games after the infamous OSU game. 

Kelly Deterding works for a bank in Lubbock, FYI, but did not graduate from Tech.

Pretty sure he went to Nebraska. Which if true would explain things. 

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

as far as I understand the college rule.  if you posses the ball with one foot down on the field that is the spot at which it is marked.

In NCAA if any part of the ball is in the endzone when it is touched, the Illegal Touching penalty has occured in the endzone and is a touchback.

The NFL is different and players can bat balls out of the endzone as long as their feet haven't touched the endzone.

My opinion on this play is that the Illegal Touch was at the 1YL, but the TCU player established possession with at least his right foot iin the endzone; therefore, the ball was dead in the endzone.  The Illegal Touch should be declined and the result of the play is a touchback.

Edited by JBJ

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Kelly Deterding works for a bank in Lubbock

Very convenient for all the payoffs

On 10/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, skeeter said:

Cockroach colleagues bitchin’ on fb this AM about having to play against UT and the refs … 🙄

Were they upset that they didn't get penalized for celebrating in the same way we did?

16 minutes ago, JBJ said:

In NCAA if any part of the ball is in the endzone when it is touched, the Illegal Touching penalty has occured in the endzone and is a touchback.

The NFL is different and players can bat balls out of the endzone as long as their feet haven't touched the endzone.

My opinion on this play is that the Illegal Touch was at the 1YL, but the TCU player established possession with at least his right foot iin the endzone; therefore, the ball was dead in the endzone.  The Illegal Touch should be declined and the result of the play is a touchback.

I do understand the college rule and NFL rule as it relates to ball position when touched.  I haven't seen a replay but didn't he grab/control the ball with 2 hands with one foot on the field of play?  that's possession for a receiver falling out of bounds.  why wouldn't it be possession for this situation?

if he was bobbling it in the field of play and then finally possessed it in the endzone it would be a touchback, correct?