So far (just before end of 1st quarter)

- bullshit personal foul against Texas

- bullshit fumble call against Texas

- missed OPI on ISU

- missed DPI on ISU

I don't think ossai was lined up in the neutral zone either tbh

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

you fucks need to put your fucking phones down and watch the game. 

The fumble was legit. JUST BARELY but legit  Black took 2 steps and planted to turn, it was a fumble. 

the PF call on Jones was also totally legit, the replay clearly showed him slapping the offensive player less than 4 yards directly in front of the ref after the play was over.

I will give you the 2nd DPI could have been called right after the first one, but Sam badly overthrew that ball making it uncatchable. 

the OPI you claim should have been called was at first glance OPI, then you watch the replay and Green was body blocking the ISU player and falling down himself.  it wasnt OPI. 

I dont dispute the refs arent good.

I agree that the refs refuse to call offensive holding against our opponents even when its being done at the point of attack. 

But, lets not forget the refs called the penalty on the FG which allowed us to re-kick... they could have "missed" that formation and we dont get those 3.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I'm watching on the radio while building sandcastles with the fam. 

The radio announcers keep being dumbfounded when we get screwed by calls is all. 

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

An actual stop here would  be nice

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Good stop. Td here would be nice. Run bijan and sam. Find wiley.

Game thread is ^^ that way.

LOL at this loss being on the refs and not our $7 million fraud of a coach.

Did the refs make us fake a punt on 4th and a mile?

Did the refs make us go for it on 4th and 1 in FG range and use the most predictable play in our book to do it?

Did the refs make us throw twice with 3 minute left and a lead to protect?

Fuck all that.  Urban wins this game by 17 with the exact same crew of refs.

Yeah I never really comment on refs but their calls against us, non-calls, and spots for us have been deplorable. And I think Black fumbled - just barely - because he took two steps. That personal foul on 36, lack of DPI and OPI, and spots are terrible. And I haven’t complained since ‘15 OSU. 
Refs are being slightly overshadowed by Herman’s ridiculous play calling. This game is a slow death. 

Black fumbled. But those refs missed illegal blocks and were quick to blow a whistle on us, slow for them, we had to use a time out for them to stop the clock, and their refusal to call holding against them but for one time. Though the changed up the strategy and called it early instead of late. They also missed hands to the face by their line.

It isn’t paranoia when they are out to get you and you see it year after year, game after game.

When Mack was the coach, it wasn’t this bad. Sure shit happened and their were horribly called games (2009 b12 title, 2008 tech) but it wasn’t game after game.

This shit is rigged.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Did the refs make us go for it on 4th and 1 in FG range and use the most predictable play in our book to do it?

Muh Urban Legend 

Yikes I can see why you are an SMU grad, genious level take that brain spiders is coming to Austin

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Muh Urban Legend 

Yikes I can see why you are an SMU grad, genious level take that brain spiders is coming to Austin

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Muh Urban Legend 

I'm a UT grad.

Also, who are you?

Nevermind.  Don't care.

Also, it's "genius."  And we'll cover comma splices next week.  You hang in there.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, bullet said:

The ref said the defender hitting his arm disrupted the pass, making it fall short of the line of scrimmage.

37 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And I have never once heard that called before. It was textbook grounding. 

Yeah I've never heard of this either.  I'd be interested to see what the actual rule states.  Because this "reasoning" sounds made up on a rule that's always had a clear meaning with a set of defined criteria.  Interpreting where the pass "might have gone" seems beyond the bounds of the actual rule.

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah I've never heard of this either.  I'd be interested to see what the actual rule states.  Because this "reasoning" sounds made up on a rule that's always had a clear meaning with a set of defined criteria.  Interpreting where the pass "might have gone" seems beyond the bounds of the actual rule.

I was curious too as I've never heard that before. I looked through the rule book, there is no exception for "ball didn't cross line of scrimmage because of the qb getting hit"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

I was curious too as I've never heard that before. I looked through the rule book, there is no exception for "ball didn't cross line of scrimmage because of the qb getting hit"

Thanks bl.  Sounds like some in-game interpretation that wasn't appropriate or necessary.