Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

You don’t even fucking know me, Mr I’ve been on the board 10 Minutes...

I’ve already said I’m not debating that game, and people want to keep bringing it up as an example.  I have posited multiple times that the officiating is fucked up in the Big XII.  Nowhere have I said it just started this season.

Carry on with the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
You're right I don't "know" but I've been reading this board and it's predecessors for years. And you don't want to debate but seemingly always chirp up on this game and act as the punt return was the only play.

But simpletons like you do need to consider the dynamics of officiating. In the picture above, approaching half the players are contained in a small area. On a punt, they're spread out width wide and covering 40 to 50 yards running full speed. A block in the back shouldn't be missed but it is a bit more understandable given the dynamics of that play. There are not enough officials to observe all 22 at once on a play like that for the entirety of the play. More difficult angles also are likely created due to all the movement. Not all misses are the same. Holds by the Oline right in front of the QB should never be missed especially when maintained for multiple seconds.

Now the above is inexcusable to miss. You can't see the ref but you know he's back there. Unobstructed view. He only needs to call one. Orakpo is one step away from getting a hit on Harrell. Maybe a change of possession fumble. Maybe Harrell gets hurt. It provides Rylan Reed or whatever the hell his name is unwarranted confidence to continue the practice throughout the remainder of the game. One he uses to later injure Orakpo.

On Saturday, TCU had more penalties. But if you look at the circumstances, ours were far more consequential/impactful. Pre snap penalties, tripping the ref, those are pretty much gimmes. Many of those were TCUs calls. And no doubt, every game has missed calls go for and against each team for varying reasons but it is the circumstances around those.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

lol watch the replay he tackled Eagles then pouted on the ground about getting beat and having to take a DPI. 

I don't know how much more obvious you can get. 

I was talking about the TD pass in the endzone where the defender had his right hand inside of Eagles left hand.    

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Deej said:

Show me a bowl game where the officiating was that bad. 

Not our bowl but wasn’t the Oregon OU game in a bowl, the onsides kick?  Oregon behind, kicked onside, Oregon player touched ball before it went 10 yards and the ball bounced out of the pile where the OU player picks it up.  
Refs said there was conclusive video evidence that OU touched the ball first and Oregon recovered, it was fucking hilarious and Oregon won.  

I really hate to see ref fuckery, but that game was awesome.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

lol watch the replay he tackled Eagles then pouted on the ground about getting beat and having to take a DPI. 

Yeah I don't understand "missing that" at all. It was about as obvious as it could be, and the ref was right there watching the whole thing play out.  Pretty fucking amazing.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

nm...duplicate. unreal.

Edited by wood

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
Joel Klatt rips officiating in TCU-Texas game  “Twenty-seven penalties? That’s insane,” Klatt said. “It was certainly one of the most poorly-officiated games that I’ve ever seen. Certainly at the end, there’s going to be a lot of controversy with what happened. TCU intentionally held Texas in order to get those six seconds off the clock but Duggan certainly stepped out of the back of the end zone before the clock hit zero. Then there’s a penalty on TCU. Doesn’t feel like that should be the end of the game if Tom Herman could have declined the penalty and reviewed how much time was left on the clock, they would at least have some opportunity for a return. Not that they would have won the game, but it certainly didn’t end in a very Kosher fashion.”

Horns247's  FUCK CHIP BROWN contributed to this report.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

You're right I don't "know" but I've been reading this board and it's predecessors for years. And you don't want to debate but seemingly always chirp up on this game and act as the punt return was the only play.

Patently false.

You hear what you want to hear, which in this case is the victim card.   Play the fuck out of it, but don't make up shit you THINK I said.

The Tech game happened 12 fucking years ago.  It's been meted out pretty well, wouldn't ya say?  My reluctance to debate it is not because of some fear or whatever.  It was more in the spirit of keeping the thread on track.

How many times do you want me to agree that the officiating is fucked up?  It's been what i've posted from the get-go in the thread.

Edited by slorch

Patently false.
You hear what you want to hear, which in this case is the victim card.   Play the fuck out of it, but don't make up shit you THINK I said.
My last retort. You are welcome to yours. But yeah that's pretty much your stance in this thread. Shipley punt return = equal only poor non call that impacted game in an attempt to "steal" it from us.

But perhaps it was not clear. I have seen posts through the years of yours that heavily implies that singular play was clearly most impactful play of the day. And the only reason we were in the game. I've pointed out several reasons why that's a more difficult call than some with a higher probability to be missed. Even picked up. One official could have simply said his head was in front. But yes in this thread you do not wish to debate the game. Perhaps you have in the past so I will concede that point.

This is a Texas board. So take that in context.

And the old SWC foes, Nebraska, and others have played the victim card directly at us for years and years. That includes Tech. Hell, I'm kinda a Tech fan. West Texas folks are good people. But it's a bullshit mentality towards us.

You're right that officiating across the board in the 12 needs work. I have no idea with certainty there is bias against Texas but I sure as hell guarantee there is no preferential treatment and hasn't been for years. But you sure exhibit the potential for refs to exhibit bias towards us. Little butt munches all across Texas and up thru the midwest thinking Texas "steals" shit.

But again, there is no excuse to miss this one versus OU. That's Big 12.

Then notice the non call on OPI vs TCU. Our D was playing better in half 2. I believe this was a 3rd down conversion. It impacted the play. It impacted possession. It was not bang bang. There were two choices to flag. That's the unacceptable variety. And yeah its probably Big 12 officials but when combined with all the unusual calls there will be other questions.2c54e0d801ba69b1976dde8692ecc239.jpg94fcd13e3d986eaa20dc9bcfa2aebe60.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

We are the flagship program in this shithole conference (along with OU).  WE should never get horsefucked by the refs in a year where we are supposed to be good. They should be shading every call to us SEC style.  Instead they go out of their way to fuck us.  It's stupid. How about we get a win a year that we don't deserve b/c the zebras keep us in it, the same was the SEC knows the score on who is supposed to win. In a sane world that's how it's going to be- if not perfectly impartial.  But no- we get this horseshit instead.

Should we still have won the game? Of fucking course.  But did we get massively fucked- to the tune of a bunch of points, at multiple different times in the game- in a way a ranked flagship school, playing at home, never should be fucked?  Yep.   Stupid fucking losers.  

Lets go ahead and call the big 10. Vouch for OU. See what the other 8 left behind think about that.  Be kinda funny all that time you got over on big bad Texas then, huh Ok State? TCU?  Enjoy playing Houston and SMU in irrelevance forever.

Just saying- if we were who people claim we are, the big bad heavy throwing their weight around that's what it would look like in my world.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

We are not saying officiating is fucked up.  We are saying that it is biased and offering evidence of biased officiating which has spanned more than a decade.   It would be one thing if the officiating was just shit, but equal.  It is not.   During the Sugar Bowl, we saw officiating that was fairly even.  They missed obvious holds on BOTH teams.  They made some incorrect targeting calls that Georgia was able to capitalize on and close the gap.  But all in all, the officiating was fine and they were not a main feature of the game.  The TCU game featured phantom holds vs. Texas, and ignored obvious holding calls vs. TCU and picked up flags for TCU.    

It isnt some equal shit show that will balance itself out and next week we will get the calls in that game.  No, we will watch OU hold, get away with it and we will see Texas punished for OU's holding.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Lets go ahead and call the big 10. Vouch for OU. See what the other 8 left behind think about that.  Be kinda funny all that time you got over on big bad Texas then, huh Ok State? TCU?  Enjoy playing Houston and SMU in irrelevance forever.

Absolutely this. I'm sooo done with this fucking shit.  Fuck the others. They can all drown in their irrelevance without Texas and ou sucks.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wood said:

Absolutely this. I'm sooo done with this fucking shit.  Fuck the others. They can all drown in their irrelevance without Texas and ou sucks.

Especially Baylor. TCU probably covered up Boykin beating his girl a few times, but Baylor covered up multiple players rape. Big 12 just sat on its thumb and were ok to quietly fire Art and sweep it under the rug. 

How does that reflect on Texas? We share money and a conference with people who cover up rape. For what? All that big Dr. Pepper money being made in some trailer park in Waco?

Fuck the big 12

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 4:37 PM, Hmmm said:

I can get on board with this.  In the first half, I definitely thought the refs were out to get us.  In the second half they made a few no calls in our favor:  Jalen Green PI/hold close to the endzone and a late hit on Duggan out of bounds.  That said, the refs sucked across the board and we got the worst of it.

Yes, we got screwed, and yes, I'm quoting myself to see what you guys think about these two plays we may have gotten away with.  Both are close.  The first one looks much more like PI/holding from the replay angle compared to real-time play.  That was definitely a game changer non call as it was 3rd and 5 with a minute left before half.   The second play pissed me off because I expected it to be called given how the refs were screwing us and it displayed a lack of discipline. What say you Surly? 

Edited by Hmmm
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes, we got screwed, and yes, I'm quoting myself to see what you guys think about these two plays we may have gotten away with.  Both are close.  The first one looks much more like PI/holding from the replay angle compared to real-time play.  That was definitely a game changer non call as it was 3rd and 5 with a minute left before half.   The second play pissed me off because I expected it to be called given how the refs were screwing us and it displayed a lack of discipline. What say you Surly? 
[/url]  
Green play. More often than not considered incidental. No call.

Duggan play. Almost more awkward than anything. Should never be called. That's not to say some wouldn't have called it. If that's all TCU has to question, then they'd take it every game.

The TCU WR screen in the screenshot above was ironically the possession after Jones was called for being downfield. Terrible non call.

Now, the Ossai roughing the passer play. Not sure that's debatable, but we had dpi down the field which was not called but TCU ends up no worse off.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

we don't ever get the benefit of calls like that

Funny how that works. We made a hit on a WR bubble leading with the shoulder and got the CB thrown out of a RRS game. 

Just pure garbage from this garbage conference

Just now, Your Mom said:

Bad officiating is about #137 on the list of things hurting this team.  It's like complaining about the print on the napkin when you've been served a plate full of rotten sewer rat meat.  

Agreed. But I'm still gonna bitch. We win last week with competent refs. 

Also he was still bobbing when he was out of bounds. Not a catch.

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

no he controlled it on his last step in bounds before his foot came up

No, he had to reset to secure the catch after he was out of bounds. He has the ball, steps in bounds, then juggles and finally secures with both feet out of bounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pacman said:

No, he had to reset to secure the catch after he was out of bounds. He has the ball, steps in bounds, then juggles and finally secures with both feet out of bounds.

This is correct.

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Bad officiating is about #137 on the list of things hurting this team.  It's like complaining about the print on the napkin when you've been served a plate full of rotten sewer rat meat.  

This is also correct.

No, it didn't make a difference in the outcome, but the review and overturn of the spot on that 1st down run by Sam was complete bullshit. There was ZERO evidence to overturn it. There's absolutely no way they could tell either way with the available camera shots. The call on the field should have stood, whichever way they had called it. Saying "After review, we have determined the runner was 1/2 yard short" is 100% a lie.

18 minutes ago, wood said:

No, it didn't make a difference in the outcome, but the review and overturn of the spot on that 1st down run by Sam was complete bullshit. There was ZERO evidence to overturn it. There's absolutely no way they could tell either way with the available camera shots. The call on the field should have stood, whichever way they had called it. Saying "After review, we have determined the runner was 1/2 yard short" is 100% a lie.

Right on. And we’re continually victimized by reviews like that. It’s guesswork, and not what review is supposed to do.