Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Right on. And we’re continually victimized by reviews like that. It’s guesswork, and not what review is supposed to do. 

The one sided nature of reviews to slow down a drive,  overturning calls without clear evidence and the inability to call holding properly or allowing receivers to be tackled before the ball gets there makes a shitty team look shittier.   

Not B12 but ref related and there’s no game thread for pig/barn yesterday so here goes...

barn was down with under a minute to play and no timeouts.   The intent was to spike the ball to stop the clock but the exchange was bad and QB dropped the ball, picked it up and turned spiking the ball backward about a yard.  Pig guy scrambled and jumped on the ball.

at that point it should have been a live ball off a backward pass and pig ball, at least that’s what I think.

the refs called it illegal grounding, loss of down with 10 second run off.   Barn kicks FG and kicks off back to pig with only 7 seconds remaining.  

The ruling that not having a clean exchange on the snap means you can’t spike the ball to stop the clock and with intentional grounding, the ball spiked backward should also be treated as a lateral and live ball, correct?  It’s wasn’t questionable either, he turned and spiked the ball backwards probably 1-2 yards because of crashing defenders in the middle.   

as it were, the call and 10 second run off benefitted barn.   Seriously, fuck pig, but barn is going to be top 10 this week with a loss because SEC hype myth and I think even our shitty team would beat them, they suck.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The reviews were weird but this is the first game in a while where I feel like the calls and no calls balanced out. We got some of each, as did they. 

Except for replay.  Replay official seemed like someone being paid by gamblers.

7 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Not B12 but ref related and there’s no game thread for pig/barn yesterday so here goes...

barn was down with under a minute to play and no timeouts.   The intent was to spike the ball to stop the clock but the exchange was bad and QB dropped the ball, picked it up and turned spiking the ball backward about a yard.  Pig guy scrambled and jumped on the ball.

at that point it should have been a live ball off a backward pass and pig ball, at least that’s what I think.

the refs called it illegal grounding, loss of down with 10 second run off.   Barn kicks FG and kicks off back to pig with only 7 seconds remaining.  

The ruling that not having a clean exchange on the snap means you can’t spike the ball to stop the clock and with intentional grounding, the ball spiked backward should also be treated as a lateral and live ball, correct?  It’s wasn’t questionable either, he turned and spiked the ball backwards probably 1-2 yards because of crashing defenders in the middle.   

as it were, the call and 10 second run off benefitted barn.   Seriously, fuck pig, but barn is going to be top 10 this week with a loss because SEC hype myth and I think even our shitty team would beat them, they suck.  

Yes it made no sense that throwing the ball backwards into the ground isn’t a backwards pass and live ball. 
also makes no sense that a qb doesn’t know the spike rules. 

• 2 weeks later...

Be prepared for this thread to be bumped multiple times next week. Okie Lite is undefeated and the Big 12's best shot at making the playoffs. Game is in Stillwater. Refs have a history of favouring the Cowboys against us. We'll have to overcome them as well as the Pokes to win.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Zeus said:

This is why I don't watch shit12 football anymore, glad I missed most of this garbage. Tune in to see we've stacked up 122 yards in penelties and I'm sure they don't have a single holding against them all day. 

Dogshit conference

We stack up huge penalty yards because we're a stupid, undisciplined team.  

I mean, for fuck's sake, yesterday we committed two holding penalties on a punt that we fair-caught.  

No consistency, ever.

Especially pass interference. Our guys got "no separation" because they were being held and interfered, their dbs head wasn't around, still no penalty. Other way around, face guarding isn't allowed if you touch them.

Plus the weakest OPI call ever.

Do you really want us to dig up the holding pics from 2008?
GTFO.  oSu 2015.  There has never been anything like it in this league.  And the last time it happened in the SWC we were on the wrong end then too.
The '15 Pokes game was the worst thing I've ever seen and surpasses even some of the bullshit SEC refs used to regulary do back in the day. It can be argued most bad calls dont truly affect the outcome of a game, but those certainly did..we had momentum stoppers on offense combined with giving the opposing offense a fresh set of downs when we had them stopped...or took points directly off the board. And that was at least 4 out of the 5 bullshit calls I remember..including the ref chest bumping Charlie because he was walking away instead of engaging him further.

Even though that was a shitty season out of 3 with a shitty coaching staff, I'm stilled pissed...we were beating the Pokes straight up that day.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

The '15 Pokes game was the worst thing I've ever seen and surpasses even some of the bullshit SEC refs used to regulary do back in the day. It can be argued most bad calls dont truly affect the outcome of a game, but those certainly did..we had momentum stoppers on offense combined with giving the opposing offense a fresh set of downs when we had them stopped...or took points directly off the board. And that was at least 4 out of the 5 bullshit calls I remember..including the ref chest bumping Charlie because he was walking away instead of engaging him further.

Even though that was a shitty season out of 3 with a shitty coaching staff, I'm stilled pissed...we were beating the Pokes straight up that day.

'16-20 Okie State games were all shit officiating.  

16 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

As is often noted in game threads, we rarely see Herman confront the officials much during a game. After games like this, I hope the football program at least sends a tape and/or protest letter to the Big 12 office after each game, documenting the bad calls.

Herman should assign someone to hound the officials if he's too busy coaching to bitch.

J572UXVC4PQP72WN3NCUPZ5T5A.jpg

@2:09:49 pretty hilarious Brock is trying to explain how to coach a guy to not get called for that cheesy OPI

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1