Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

20 minutes ago, B00M said:

Is OSU fined for doing it? What the fuck stops them from doing it on a critical kick next year? If Texas missed that kick and lost the game, "oh well, tough luck, don't do it again OSU"?

It's unsportsmanlike. Gonna be 15 and a first down if they do it again, don't think anyone would let them get away with it now.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Newy25 said:

The Horns down by opposing players is a 15 yard penalty, Brian. 

Seriously, shut the fuck up, we’ve seen it called like maybe three (3) times in the last ten (10) fucking years.  It’s dumb both ways but using that as a reason to justify bad calls is idiotic.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Newy25 said:

The Horns down by opposing players is a 15 yard penalty, Brian. 

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Seriously, shut the fuck up, we’ve seen it called like maybe three (3) times in the last ten (10) fucking years.  It’s dumb both ways but using that as a reason to justify bad calls is idiotic.

Can you guys really not understand the point he is making?  He's pointing out the inequity of flagging one and not the other.  It's a valid point.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Can you guys really not understand the point he is making?  He's pointing out the inequity of flagging one and not the other.  It's a valid point.

Definitely a valid point

Definitely will be interpreted by dipshits as "awww Texas got their feewings hurt by the horns down?!?! pussies!!!" just like they did when the shit12 conference made a big deal about whether or not they would make it a penelty. 

I think we all agree, go ahead and do the horns down, show your ass, do whatever you want. Don't flag us for doing the shush finger though, that is insane.

Imagine all that adrenaline dump from running a 100 yard kickoff return in a big game on the road, he actually kept it pretty mellow only doing the shush. 

Big 12 officials are a joke, we should all be looking at ways Texas can get the fuck out of this pathetic conference. 

Fuck the blowU game, if the officials didn't fuck us 20 times in the TCU game we would be sitting pretty with a chance for blowU revenge and CFP. 

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I think we all agree, go ahead and do the horns down, show your ass, do whatever you want. Don't flag us for doing the shush finger though, that is insane.

Well, I'm not sure we all agree.  If you're saying they should remove all taunting penalties from the rulebook, then yes, I definitely agree.

But as long as the taunting penalties still exist in the rules, then the horns-down should be called, the same as a finger shush or a throat slash or anything else that's an obvious taunt.  If the rule remains on the books, then it should be called evenly.

But sure, I'd rather see all the taunting rules removed and just let the players play.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of taunting. If you got rid of it, I can only imagine the garbage that'll go down.

And the Horns down really has a life of it's own. I went to baseball playoffs in Arlington. Got a Horns down for simply wearing a sweatshirt.

I don't act that way so I expect the same in return. I might feel a little differently if I were allowed to police that behavior myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I'm not a fan of taunting. If you got rid of it, I can only imagine the garbage that'll go down.  And the Horns down really has a life of it's own. I went to baseball playoffs in Arlington. Got a Horns down for simply wearing a sweatshirt.   
I don't act that way so I expect the same in return. I might feel a little differently if I were allowed to police that behavior myself.

Username... ✔

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Well, I'm not sure we all agree.  If you're saying they should remove all taunting penalties from the rulebook, then yes, I definitely agree.

But as long as the taunting penalties still exist in the rules, then the horns-down should be called, the same as a finger shush or a throat slash or anything else that's an obvious taunt.  If the rule remains on the books, then it should be called evenly.

But sure, I'd rather see all the taunting rules removed and just let the players play.

Yeah the problem with taunting penalties is that they are entirely subjective. Why the fuck is finger shush a taunt? 

14 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

It’s only recently been a rule. The last 1-2 years. 

11 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

No it’s not a valid point. He starts his point by saying “oh the horns down is ok” which is incorrect. It’s a false premise because the horns down is a 15 yard penalty.  

41 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No it’s not a valid point. He starts his point by saying “oh the horns down is ok” which is incorrect. It’s a false premise because the horns down is a 15 yard penalty.  

He’s more pointing out that a majority of the college football ecosystem thought the horns down penalty was BS and the ongoing WVU butthurt (see putting our game upside down on their schedule), whereas if we complained about this they would call us pussies

13 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

He’s more pointing out that a majority of the college football ecosystem thought the horns down penalty was BS and the ongoing WVU butthurt (see putting our game upside down on their schedule), whereas if we complained about this they would call us pussies

That’s a lot to read into a few words in a tweet. If that is in fact what we he meant he failed at wording his point. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

This isn't that hard to understand.  He's sarcastically saying, "Oh, so apparently the horns down is ok because the refs aren't flagging anybody for it, but you can't do the 'Be quiet' sign because that draws a penalty.  Well, that makes a LOT of sense."

Is your name Sheldon?  Is sarcasm a foreign concept?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

This isn't that hard to understand.  He's sarcastically saying, "Oh, so apparently the horns down is ok because the refs aren't flagging anybody for it, but you can't do the 'Be quiet' sign because that draws a penalty.  Well, that makes a LOT of sense."

I understand what he is saying. But he’s wrong. The horns down draws the flag. Do you have any evidence players are doing the horns down after scoring or making a big play and not getting flagged? This was a recent rule change and this has been a change in officiating in recent years. 

I understand what he is saying. But he’s wrong. The horns down draws the flag. Do you have any evidence players are doing the horns down after scoring or making a big play and not getting flagged? This was a recent rule change and this has been a change in officiating in recent years. 
It's not a recent rule change. Taunting has been a flag for as long as I can remember. We got flagged for guns down in the mack brown era. Remember when bryant Westbrook laid out Electric Leeland and got a flag. That was deemed taunting.

Shawn bell standing on the 50 doing it. No call.
Jermaine Gresham runs dam near the length of the endzone. No flag. Butt munches do it all the time. Pretty much every damn opponent.

To think this a recent phenomenon either in it being a flag or frequency is off base.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It's not a recent rule change. Taunting has been a flag for as long as I can remember. We got flagged for guns down in the mack brown era. Remember when bryant Westbrook laid out Electric Leeland and got a flag. That was deemed taunting.

Shawn bell standing on the 50 doing it. No call.
Jermaine Gresham runs dam near the length of the endzone. No flag. Butt munches do it all the time. Pretty much every damn opponent.

To think this a recent phenomenon either in it being a flag or frequency is off base.

Yes, the horns down being a personal foul is a recent rule change/point of emphasis in the Big 12. Just because you are uneducated on the subject does not mean your emotional argument has any more merit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2845815-big-12-says-horns-down-will-be-penalized-like-any-other-celebration-foul.amp.html

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, Scholz said:

The taunting equivalent of Horns down would be the middle finger to the crowd.  Calling the shush taunting is crooked okie shit.  That's probably the only time in the all time history of football that's been called taunting.

But okie like fans don't like being told to shush, that's a middle finger to them!

EPP1573.jpg

• Haha 1

What's really crazy is "taunting" should be player on player, it can never be player on fan. 

Player on fan celebrations are "fun", which should definitely be allowed. Even horns down to our fans. 

If it's something that you could do in public without it being a big deal it should be allowed. Middle finger, no. Crotch grab, no. Nanny nanny boo boo, sure. 

I think it's badass we have to now get a routine for a celebration on kickoff and punt returns together just like we have to do on offense. Pissed that Jamison's talent was wasted his first year running around at WR. 

belly-rub.jpeg

Yes, the horns down being a personal foul is a recent rule change/point of emphasis in the Big 12. Just because you are uneducated on the subject does not mean your emotional argument has any more merit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2845815-big-12-says-horns-down-will-be-penalized-like-any-other-celebration-foul.amp.html
Point of emphasis and recent rule change are two entirely different things. I'll agree with the emphasis on this being somewhat fresh.

Also, it's not a personal foul. It's unsportsmanlike conduct, which is not recent. And yes it is very subjective. But Horns down/guns down on the field of play is less subjective. Celebrate your team, your institution. It really isn't that hard.

But tell me how uneducated I am. Hell you probably don't even know who Lectic Leeland is or why Westbrook got that "personal foul" back in 1996 for taunting. Or maybe I just have a different definition of new.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

To play devils advocate here, if you watch the whole video you will see Jamison actually stands there for several seconds.  I think that's why it's taunting. 

If he does it for a second then walks off, probably nothing comes of it. 

He was just resting. 100 yards is a long way to run in pads.

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

If that’s all we complain about then we’re lucky.

Yeah this one hasn't been bad at all, barely noticing them is the way it should be

By this time in the TCU game we got fucked like 7 separate times

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1