Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

I try not to bitch about refs very often, because I believe that most of the time flags are just a type of variance and over enough games it really does even out.  I also believe that all fans have a tendency to see the times they get screwed and to miss most of the times they get away with a hold, etc.

All of that said, when flags are thrown and then picked up, I get a little twitchy.  Did the ref see a penalty or not?  Especially when it's a very subjective penalty, like offensive holding -- there's no reason for a ref to ever, and I mean ever, get overruled on that by another ref who was looking at something else.

And the pair of personal fouls for "late hits" were complete horseshit.

And even the targeting foul on them had to come from the booth.  The guys on the field missed it.

I mean, it would look suspicious to me even if I were a neutral fan.  The broadcasters, who don't exactly love us, even took issue with multiple calls today.

I haven't been fully on board with the we're-always-getting-screwed brigade in the past, but from what I saw today, I expect a rough go of it with the officials the rest of the way.  The Big 12 is a woman scorned.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

ABC did a shit job with replays in this game. I know it's not MNF, but there were lots of mystery penalties and questionable spots that were never shown in replay.

Could be because there was nothing to show.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

All of that said, when flags are thrown and then picked up, I get a little twitchy.  Did the ref see a penalty or not?  Especially when it's a very subjective penalty, like offensive holding -- there's no reason for a ref to ever, and I mean ever, get overruled on that by another ref who was looking at something else.

Yeah, so what could a ref possibly legitimately say to another ref that would justify picking up the flag on an obvious hold flag right next to the QB? Serious question. I've asked it before but never heard an answer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

At least that fuck up ended with the correct call. Not that I would have pouted has ou gotten screwed on another onside kick. 

Yeah they fucked up on the original review and then let ou review the review, which is against the rules. It's amazing. Even my youngest, who doesn't watch that much football, noticed the double touch right away.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I try not to bitch about refs very often, because I believe that most of the time flags are just a type of variance and over enough games it really does even out.  I also believe that all fans have a tendency to see the times they get screwed and to miss most of the times they get away with a hold, etc.

And the pair of personal fouls for "late hits" were complete horseshit.

And even the targeting foul on them had to come from the booth.  The guys on the field missed it.

I mean, it would look suspicious to me even if I were a neutral fan.  The broadcasters, who don't exactly love us, even took issue with multiple calls today.

I haven't been fully on board with the we're-always-getting-screwed brigade in the past, but from what I saw today, I expect a rough go of it with the officials the rest of the way.  The Big 12 is a woman scorned.

its been going on for ages. Its fine if you don't see it but it happens a ton in conf games.   are there some games where we get a call or 2?  sure.  Sam got nailed in the head TWICE in one of the OU games and not one review for targeting.

Its funny I don't see the fuckery anywhere near as much in OOC and Bowl games, even when we lose. Which we have done plenty of over the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, Assman said:

We are going to get the shit end of every borderline call all year.  These officials make good money, and with us and ousux leaving, that gravy train is coming to a stop.  It's personal to these guys so prepare your anuses. 

PLUS they lose the perceived social-cache' of making shit calls against Texas inside of Texas' own stadium. 

A lot of these little Cunts get their Vags off on that shit.

Soon that gravy train ends, too, and they act like their little lives soon will have no meaning when they can't do that shit anymore.

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

PLUS they lose the perceived social-cache' of making shit calls against Texas inside of Texas' own stadium. 

A lot of these little Cunts get their Vags off on that shit.

Soon that gravy train ends, too, and they act like their little lives soon will have no meaning when they can't do that shit anymore.

They’re not wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

its been going on for ages. Its fine if you don't see it but it happens a ton in conf games.   are there some games where we get a call or 2?  sure.  Sam got nailed in the head TWICE in one of the OU games and not one review for targeting.
Its funny I don't see the fuckery anywhere near as much in OOC and Bowl games, even when we lose. Which we have done plenty of over the last 10 years.

B12 refs were letting our boys get targeted in the pigs game. I think 3 went uncalled that were all blatant and obvious.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Yeah, so what could a ref possibly legitimately say to another ref that would justify picking up the flag on an obvious hold flag right next to the QB? Serious question. I've asked it before but never heard an answer.

IDK, but I’m 99% sure that the exact same thing happened against TCU last season. Same game where they called, a minced and started to walk off a false start penalty against the TCU offense (because the RB took a step before the snap)…and then reversed the call after a SECOND long discussion and called offsides on our D.

Does anyone else recall what I’m talking about?
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

They’re not wrong. 

To that end, I wish I could find where Joe Thomas' grave is so I could go piss on it, but that's too good for that Cunt, too.

I lost count of how many calls he fucked Texas over on in the 70s-80s in the SWC.

He had a habit of charging Texas for a timeout just so we Texas fans could BOO at his Vag ass for some Shit call he had just made against us.  Anyone remember that?

2 minutes ago, scottsins said:

IDK, but I’m 99% sure that the exact same thing happened against TCU last season. Same game where they called, a minced and started to walk off a false start penalty against the TCU offense (because the RB took a step before the snap)…and then reversed the call after a SECOND long discussion and called offsides on our D.

Does anyone else recall what I’m talking about?

Yes, that happened, also a hold got waived off.  The entire first 20 minutes were an officiating clusterfuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sometimes I've seen it and sometimes I've felt like our fanbase was wearing burnt orange glasses.

But, I will definitely say that we've never, even in 2005 and 2009, gotten the benefit-of-the-doubt calls that go to Bama, ou, Clemson, and Ohio State.  Even when Texas going undefeated was the best thing for the conference, we sure didn't get any help from the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paper_jam said:

ABC did a shit job with replays in this game. I know it's not MNF, but there were lots of mystery penalties and questionable spots that were never shown in replay.

All extra airtime had to be filled by showing the TCU girl with slight cleavage give the horns down or the row of douchers with HORNSDOWN body paint.  No replay of the sideline push, or the celebration, or holding just kidding no holding

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Sometimes I've seen it and sometimes I've felt like our fanbase was wearing burnt orange glasses.

But, I will definitely say that we've never, even in 2005 and 2009, gotten the benefit-of-the-doubt calls that go to Bama, ou, Clemson, and Ohio State.  Even when Texas going undefeated was the best thing for the conference, we sure didn't get any help from the conference.

there is some stuff that is just incompetence but a lot of it is "looking" for shit to call on Texas that doesn't get called the other way.  the Charlie OSU thing is a perfect example.  fucking Gundy, Fatterson, and Stoops literally drown the refs in spit and never get called for that shit.  

The hilarious "defense holding on a running play" that got called FOR us in the game right after OSU was the proof.  They called that(directed by Walt Anderfuckhead I'm sure, to try to stop the bitching about it never being called.  It was the only 2 times it got called all year in the Big 12.

there is a ton of fuckery against Texas.  I don't need Sark to go full Fatterson or Stoops but he needs to know he has to work the officials to get a fair fight.

I know it is basketball but I look forward to Beard because I don't think he is going to take the shit Shaka(and to some extent even Barnes) did.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

The officiating in this conference is so shitty and utterly incompetent that it becomes a signal-to-noise issue with regard to any bias.  Flagrant examples like OSU are rare, but the small imbalance in the number of awful calls in favor of either team is just enough to make the officiating a factor in each game on the order of weather or injuries, and allows for a lot of fuckery.  Sometimes your team benefits, sometimes it gets screwed, but the waters are so muddy that it's hard to make a demonstrable case for getting fucked (aside from OU is always allowed to hold).  And the conference office is happy to let it ride as it is.

Just one more reason that, while I have plenty of reservations about the SEC move, I have zero about jettisoning this feckless piece of shit Big 12.

Edited by Damor
Dammit, Plan II grad can't have punctuation errors. And also, muledick.

there is some stuff that is just incompetence but a lot of it is "looking" for shit to call on Texas that doesn't get called the other way.  the Charlie OSU thing is a perfect example.  fucking Gundy, Fatterson, and Stoops literally drown the refs in spit and never get called for that shit.  
The hilarious "defense holding on a running play" that got called FOR us in the game right after OSU was the proof.  They called that(directed by Walt Anderfuckhead I'm sure, to try to stop the bitching about it never being called.  It was the only 2 times it got called all year in the Big 12.
there is a ton of fuckery against Texas.  I don't need Sark to go full Fatterson or Stoops but he needs to know he has to work the officials to get a fair fight.
I know it is basketball but I look forward to Beard because I don't think he is going to take the shit Shaka(and to some extent even Barnes) did.
I hadn't seen holding being called on a defensive lineman until those two times and I haven't seen it since.

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I hadn't seen holding being called on a defensive lineman until those two times and I haven't seen it since.

I have to admit I have seen it called but it is usually completely obvious out in the open(like grabbing a guys leg to prevent the OL from getting to the next level).  the worst part is if you see the replay our DL is actually getting held by the OL

19 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I have to admit I have seen it called but it is usually completely obvious out in the open(like grabbing a guys leg to prevent the OL from getting to the next level).  the worst part is if you see the replay our DL is actually getting held by the OL

Poona was getting held while another OL choked him from behind.

These refs sucked. The PI call on Wiley was the only call we got today and they had 3-4 gimmes and 1-2 clear penalties taken away. 

This is what we live with so might as well get used to it. We don’t do ourselves any favors with the idiotic penalties and celebration penalties. We’re not good enough to overcome them in the really tough games unfortunately yet we keep making them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Mangina would like a word with you 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wood said:

They just fucked up & let ou review a review. Pereira was like wtf?

The Big 12 is still making kissy faces at OU. We know mean old Texas made y’all leave the conference.  I was shocked that we didn’t get a phantom holding call in the final drive.  

Edited by stork642

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I think I saw the umpire over rule the guy who threw the holding flag and reading his lips he said “no” or something

5 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Who knows the rule on crack back blocks these days? I’m trying to determine what’s legal.

It was either Overshown or Brockermeyer that got it from an outside receiver early in the game.

5 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It was Overshown, it was definitely illegal, and it wasn't called.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

There were a handful of really terrible spots today as well. Bijan hitting the turf a full yard past the line to gain and the spot being a yard behind it.

Yeah I haven’t rewatched yet but that was a strange one. Live it also looked like they spotted it about a half yard short and then moved it back. It’s also possible it was Bijan doing Bijan stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

Yeah I haven’t rewatched yet but that was a strange one. Live it also looked like they spotted it about a half yard short and then moved it back. It’s also possible it was Bijan doing Bijan stuff.

Yep... When the inital spot happened I was like "that's bullshit.. he was a full yard and a half past that"...... then cut to the start of the next play and the ball was another yard further back. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wood said:

"We talked about this before the game and that was a really positive yardage play for our team. Get your fucking head in the game!"

6 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Yeah, the fact that the officials were directed to make the same call on our opponent the next week, and then we haven't seen it called again for SIX YEARS... just undeniably illustrates that there are some pregame directions being given that are well outside of "call it fair and call it both ways."

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Yeah, the fact that the officials were directed to make the same call on our opponent the next week, and then we haven't seen it called again for SIX YEARS... just undeniably illustrates that there are some pregame directions being given that are well outside of "call it fair and call it both ways."

Can’t remember what game it was, but I saw it called today. And once last week. It was still a horrible call.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Play is dead if the kicking team fully possesses the ball.

I think that’s a bullshit interpretation when the ball is only a few feet away from the end zone.  They’ve always tossed it back when that close historically.  Possession on a moving ball when running full speed into the end zone should not be given the benefit of the doubt on the 1 yard line, in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yep... When the inital spot happened I was like "that's bullshit.. he was a full yard and a half past that"...... then cut to the start of the next play and the ball was another yard further back. 

Anyone have a time stamp for that one? I’m way too lazy to look for it.

8 hours ago, Damor said:

The officiating in this conference is so shitty and utterly incompetent that it becomes a signal-to-noise issue with regard to any bias.  Flagrant examples like OSU are rare, but the small imbalance in the number of awful calls in favor of either team is just enough to make the officiating a factor in each game on the order of weather or injuries, and allows for a lot of fuckery.  Sometimes your team benefits, sometimes it gets screwed, but the waters are so muddy that it's hard to make a demonstrable case for getting fucked (aside from OU is always allowed to hold).  And the conference office is happy to let it ride as it is.

Just one more reason that, while I have plenty of reservations about the SEC move, I have zero about jettisoning this feckless piece of shit Big 12.

Lulz I lived with a plan ii major, it's udder nonsense, try engineering school.