Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
I'm not going to say a deal is done to bring Kentucky's Mark Stoops to Aggieland but will say I'm expecting that to be the case as early as tonight. I stated yesterday that there was real momentum on the side of the longtime Kentucky head man being Ross Bjork's choice to succeed Jimbo Fisher as Texas A&M's next head coach and as I type this update, I'm expecting we'll see Stoops arrive in College Station as early as tomorrow.

I'll have more shortly but barring something hitting a wall over the next hour or so, Mark Stoops will be making the move West across SEC country.

When I mentioned Stoops yesterday, I was about three days into chasing down said scoop. All of the 'breaking' Ryan Day or Dabo Swinney stuff was simply smoke and mirrors in the agent and coaching world, as the guys drawing the most serious interest down the stretch were Stoops and Duke's Mike Elko, along with Utah's Kyle Whittingham entering the mix late. Arizona's Jedd Fisch was close to receiving an in-person interview, as well, but the Aggies made their choice and didn't look back when going with the man who has led Big Blue Nation for the past eleven seasons.

More shortly and a full update and video feature breaking down the hire once the news becomes official. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Oh yea what’s up?

Said aggy had their guy and it would start trickling out Saturday night or Sunday morning. Looch said not true. Stoops is being hired by aggy.

Said Stewart would not travel to the LSU game and was entering the portal. Looch said not true. Stewart didn't travel.

Robinson leaving is going to decimate that roster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Can’t you read?  Stoops was the one and only choice per billy, and every other name mentioned was “smoke and mirrors” by agents. Even the ones billy himself kept mentioning, apparently. 

Billy admitting he lies to his subscribers to run interference for a terrible aggy hire. Just amazing all around. 

• Haha 1