Dazed & Confused Virtual Reunion 10/11

Trey3216

I guess the rumors are true that the guy who played Pickford was an asshole to everyone during and after the filming of Dazed, I'm sure Ackles will do great in his stead.

but yeah---that's awesome...they got like 90% of the original lineup somehow.  

And the saucey Christine Harnos and sultry Deena Martin are both back.  They were the  most underrated pieces of ass in that whole movie.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I guess the rumors are true that the guy who played Pickford was an asshole to everyone during and after the filming of Dazed, I'm sure Ackles will do great in his stead.

but yeah---that's awesome...they got like 90% of the original lineup somehow.  

And the saucey Christine Harnos is back.  She was the most underrated piece of ass in that whole movie.  

Nope. That would be the history teacher. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Oh, you just liked her progressive politics.  I'll grant her an Honorable Mention, no doubt.  She's aging pretty well, too.  

I'm calling my shot, Renee Zellweger joints the zoom call during the Moontower party scene, but she's on mute, and just falls down drunk in her kitchen in the background.  Basically recreating how she got started in showbusiness.  I guess she held a beer bong for Parker Posey, maybe they could swing that somehow.  

Beau Vine—-You don’t think they were/are hot?  Or you don’t think they were underrated?  Neither gets a lot of lines, but both slam hard in every scene. 

funny you used Vince Vaughan.  Cause I spent half of swingers wondering wha other movie I had seen the Vegas waitress in.  It was dazed. 

Edited by Lobo

She's busy with "Resident Evil 8:  All Anal"  

Seriously though, anybody having technical difficulties.  Mine queued up just fine and now it's all jammed up.  Any other links? 

Deena did not age well.  Several of the cast members have aged amazingly.  Rory played Slater a little too on the nose.  It was funny, but it dragged at a lot of points.  But nostalgia factor was strong overall.  It's up until end of Friday.  

13 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I had NO idea until this thread that she was the same actress.  

And you won't recognize her this time around either.  Some of the actresses have aged really well.  Deena Martin is not one of them.  But most of the women still look gorgeous for having filmed 28 years ago to the month almost.  I don't know who Adrienne Palicki is but she looks gorgeous as well.  Anyway, it's the funniest table read I've seen during Covid-19 which is not a high bar.  Most of the actors really committed,  Slater wears the exact outfit and is somehow more stoned than we has during filming.  Q&A with Patton was fun as hell.  It's a good watch, glad they did this.  Linklater still looks like a kid who can't believe he gets to make movies with his parent's camcorder.  I envy his passion.  

tonyTexas--- try this link.  I don't know if you can still get a fresh registration link or if you had to have been locked in before the read.  But it's worth a try:

https://votolatino.org/media/press-releases/special-guests-join-dazed-and-confused-cast-to-support-civic-engagement-in-texas/

This is the non-profit that the whole read was supporting.  You can donate a de minimus amount and still watch it.  The donation link and video link are active until 11:59 on Friday.

7 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

That Julie chick aged extremely well.
Rory was fucked up. Lol

Yeah, she looked really cute still.  And she's exactly my age within a few weeks. 

I think Rory got himself all into character beforehand, and accidentally got way too fucked up before the call started. 

Wiley Wiggins' transition into a beautiful, rotund, middle-aged South Asian woman is going really well and I think it's very brave. 

The Ashton for Affleck switcharoo was lame.  

Some of those guys like Jason Smith (black Melvin), Cole Hauser, Adam Goldberg, Wooderson (obviously), and all the women we mentioned above look like they graduated last year.  And a huge chunk of the cast looks like a 50 miles of bad road at age 50.  Completely binary, nobody actually looked their actual age.  

Fun ride though, may watch again tomorrow night after kids go to sleep and crank up the Q&A porition.  

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Rory was fuuuuucked up.  Lol.  Who was the chick playing pickford's mom?  Redhead chick is looking good.  Simone was always hot with tiny titties tho.  @Lobo nailed Wiley Wiggins.

Yeah, I think he saw how Shia tried to commit to his stoner character and thought to himself, "Yeah, but I was actually that guy...I need to get back to THAT guy."  And shit went off the rails.  I already forgot her name (the actress who read a few roles including Pickford's mom), but she is gorgeous and has good comedic timing to boot.  Never saw her before this read but I'm guessing she's well known.  Marissa Ribisi also looked beautiful, but I guess clean living Scientology and Beck money can do that for you.  Sabrina has also really taken good care of herself, she looks lovely.  Simone may have tiny titties, she looks gorgeous for 52 and still has the acting range and comedic chops of a frying pan.  

On 10/11/2020 at 4:45 PM, Lobo said:

Beau Vine—-You don’t think they were/are hot?  Or you don’t think they were underrated?  Neither gets a lot of lines, but both slam hard in every scene. 

funny you used Vince Vaughan.  Cause I spent half of swingers wondering wha other movie I had seen the Vegas waitress in.  It was dazed. 

I don't think Harnos is hot at all, and the blonde was a bit big for my tastes, if I'm being discriminating, which I rarely am.

Yeah, as I stated above---Deena Martin did not age well and has really put on some covid LBS.  

I think Harnos looked good for 52.  But as I originally stated way up-thread, she was criminally underrated in the film (I posted it way before we all saw this table read virtually).  She was smoking hot in the movie and I'll fight you.  

Also, I keep forgetting to say for all you Christopher Guest fans on here.  Parker Posey towed a beautiful line on this virtual read.  She was half Darla and half tragic comic figure from the Guest troupe.  I forgot about her with all the talk of aging, she was awesome.  She is a comedic treasure.  

Didn't watch it.  But I will if you can tell me she's in a cheerleading outfit scissoring Minka Kelly.  Or even just passing one another a pair of scissors in art class, I can fap to that.  

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

And you won't recognize her this time around either.  Some of the actresses have aged really well.  Deena Martin is not one of them.  But most of the women still look gorgeous for having filmed 28 years ago to the month almost.  I don't know who Adrienne Palicki is but she looks gorgeous as well.  Anyway, it's the funniest table read I've seen during Covid-19 which is not a high bar.  Most of the actors really committed,  Slater wears the exact outfit and is somehow more stoned than we has during filming.  Q&A with Patton was fun as hell.  It's a good watch, glad they did this.  Linklater still looks like a kid who can't believe he gets to make movies with his parent's camcorder.  I envy his passion.  

tumblr_m2zvpncQmk1r22lig.gif

• Hook 'Em 1