The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I thinking is a big deal.  It moves that allegation from what we think to what the guys actually looking at evidence and can do something about it thinks. 

It’s a big deal because it’s on the record in court but it won’t move the needle because it’s Manafort.  They could indict Manafort with seditious treason tomorrow and it still wouldn’t matter.

58 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I thinking is a big deal.  It moves that allegation from what we think to what the guys actually looking at evidence and can do something about it thinks. 

Basically, in laying out how Manafort's crimes fall under the mandate of the SCO, they show that they have a bead on a mature well established network - the communications patterns and the hidden illicit money flow employed systematically spanning years.  Once you have the network operations defined, it's a smaller step to see all the avenues where the network was applied, i.e. Trump campaign with Manafort as Trump's campaign chair including continued direct operation with Manafort after he stepped down under a cloud.

Realize also GOP bagman and Manafort partner in said Ukraine/RUS network, Rick Gates,  has struck a guilty plea deal in exchange for full cooperation with SCO.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Rosenstein using Trump's patented bold-faced lies on him. Nice.

It's not a lie. You're a subject right up until the FBI is ready to make their move. Then you're a target. 

• Like 1

The distinction between "subject" and "target," using the rubric of DOJ "target" letters,  is that the former may actually be the centerpiece of the investigation and thus the "subject," but will not be indicted, whereas the "target" is one against whom an indictment will be sought.

Trump will not be indicted while a sitting President, at least not by Mueller, so he will never be a "target" using that parlance.

If there's any truth to that rumor, I would assume that Rosenstein would drop the distinction and advise Trumpy accordingly.  But  I'm not sure Rosenstein would advise on that ongoing investigation in any event.

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's becoming more and more likely with every passing day that Donald Trump doesn't finish his term in office. I have a feeling they have a motherlode of evidence against him.

I think that the most recent event signal that the end is near, one way or the other. 

Can you imagine what's on those goddamned tapes?  If he really did record conversations routinely, there's no limit to what they could find.

It’s gonna take a loooooong time to go through. You can skim documents but audio has to be replayed in real time, often more than once. Ask anyone who recorded their college lectures thinking they would “just catch up on them later”.

The strangest thing about the Giuliani news is he’s been MIA since the election and now he pops up?  He was a conservative media icon during the Trump campaign and then he just disappeared only to show back up in month 15 as part of the defense team to the biggest legal battle in U.S. History?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The strangest thing about the Giuliani news is he’s been MIA since the election and now he pops up?  He was a conservative media icon during the Trump campaign and then he just disappeared only to show back up in month 15 as part of the defense to the biggest legal battle in U.S. History?

I read it as investigators are getting around to what Rudy was up to and he now is trying to find a thin excuse to coordinate testimony with Trump and to prevent Mueller from asking Rudy questions. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s gonna take a loooooong time to go through. You can skim documents but audio has to be replayed in real time, often more than once. Ask anyone who recorded their college lectures thinking they would “just catch up on them later”.

They have voice recognition software that can transcibe a lot of it I imagine.

So Weissmann made his bones prosecuting organized crime, and then Enron...Hmmm.

Also found this tidbit:

It was Mr. Weissmann and his team who stunned Houston society by charging the wife of Enron’s chief financial officer with tax fraud, applying pressure on the executive, who became a star witness.

Maybe Trump wants to keep him away from his daughter and old lady. Especially after she hears Stormy's story.

29 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I would assume that means they’ve found everything or cleared anything up within those memos or someone from one of the committees leaked?

The DOJ may have handed all the memos to the press and the Congress simultaneously.

Would have been a good move to prevent Congress from selectively leaking shit with their own Nunes spin.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

So now we know that Putin talked about Russian hookers directly with Trump.   And we know that on the very pee tape night cited in the dossier, a Russian operative dropped by Trump's hotel to send up some hookers, which Trump's bodyguard blew off without consulting Trump before going upstairs to tell Trump and then leaving for the night.  That's some coincidence. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

So the Comey memos said Trump told him that the hooker story is fake because "he hadn't stayed overnight in Russia during the Miss Universe trip."  But Trump's bodyguard testified that he did stay overnight (and was offered hookers):

President Donald Trump's long-time confidant Keith Schiller privately testified that he rejected a Russian offer to send five women to then private-citizen Trump's hotel room during their 2013 trip to Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant, according to multiple sources from both political parties with direct knowledge of the testimony.

Schiller, Trump's former bodyguard and personal aide, testified that he took the offer as a joke, two of the sources said. On their way up to Trump's hotel room that night, Schiller told the billionaire businessman about the offer and Trump laughed it off, Schiller told the House intelligence committee earlier this week.

After several minutes outside of Trump's door, which was Schiller's practice as Trump's security chief, he said he left.

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

This shit is bananas. This has to be an alternate reality, right? Or is the world of the elite really this fucking depraved? #whynotbothgif

No. Yes.

It's the one good thing that will eventually come of this Presidency, stripping away the facade of decency these people have.

Lmao, who am I kidding? Nothing matters.