The Biden Cabinet

Bullneck

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I truly don't get stanning for Pete. He's fine as far as talented, sociopathic politicians go. There's a lot of them and he's more talented than most, and I'd rather he be with the Democrats than Republicans. But anyone getting passionate about him is just weird.

getting passionate about pete is definitely weird.  now here are the 20 vague reasons i have for all of the strong opinions i have about him that i will keep repeating for months.  but yeah, some of y'all are weird.

• Like 1

I didn't vote for him in the primary in 2020 (I went Bloomberg, full disclosure).  But I like the guy and I just do not understand the hate and distrust for Mayor Pete.  

Maybe he's not progressive enough for many of you, I get that.  But the narrative that his time as a Harvard/Oxford guy, a Naval Intelligence Officer,  a McKinsey consultant, and involved with the Truman NSP.........to me those are incredible experiences.  If our elected officials had that breadth and scope, we'd be fine as a nation.  Instead, those of you pissing on those past experiences of Pete's sound like the equivalent of a left-wing Trumper.  Bashing anything that seems too educated, too experienced, too measured.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I didn't vote for him in the primary in 2020 (I went Bloomberg, full disclosure).  But I like the guy and I just do not understand the hate and distrust for Mayor Pete.  

Maybe he's not progressive enough for many of you, I get that.  But the narrative that his time as a Harvard/Oxford guy, a Naval Intelligence Officer,  a McKinsey consultant, and involved with the Truman NSP.........to me those are incredible experiences.  If our elected officials had that breadth and scope, we'd be fine as a nation.  Instead, those of you pissing on those past experiences of Pete's sound like the equivalent of a left-wing Trumper.  Bashing anything that seems too educated, too experienced, too measured.  

Exactly no one is doing anything like that

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm just glad to be back to the debates we were having in January instead of worrying if Trump is going to burn the country down.

Trump already lost and this is the Biden cabinet thread.

It's better days for sure.

Bye Donald

Edited by bad_teammate

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

in a move that surprises no one, republicans to start caring about the qualifications of cabinet posts again:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-12-07/republicans-raise-red-flags-over-becerras-nomination-to-lead-biden-health-department

WASHINGTON — 

Senate Republicans raised red flags Monday over President-elect Joe Biden’s plan to nominate California Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra to be secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, although it is uncertain whether that could grow into enough opposition to scuttle the confirmation.

At least five Republicans objected to Becerra’s nomination, citing his endorsement of a government-run “Medicare for all” healthcare system, his support for abortion rights or his relative lack of healthcare expertise and experience running an expansive government agency.

Now this bothers them, huh?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Harvard/McKinsey is like half of DC already. We don’t need more of them, we need to purge them.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And calling a thirty-something dude whose highest relevant job experience is being the mayor of a mid sized town from a small state “too experienced” is........really something.

When Beto was 33 he left the private sector and entered politics by running for El Paso City Council. 

When Pete was 33 he was won a second term as Mayor after a 7 month deployment in Afghanistan. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Loyalty.

I mean, yeah.

And it's not a Senate confirmed position.

It's just weird for her skillset unless she approached Biden about her ambition for elected office (blech) and needs domestic policy chops. 

When Beto was 33 he left the private sector and entered politics by running for El Paso City Council. 
When Pete was 33 he was won a second term as Mayor after a 7 month deployment in Afghanistan. 

Why do you always whatabout to Beto or Warren or whoever when someone has the audacity to criticize Pete?

It’s very weird. My criticism of the way Pete has behaved has absolutely zero to do with anyone else.

I’m allowed to think what I think about him and no amount of your snarky comparisons are going to change that.

Every politician has their flaws. The only one who seems to have a problem with admitting that is you.

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Why do you always whatabout to Beto or Warren or whoever when someone has the audacity to criticize Pete?

It’s very weird. My criticism of the way Pete has behaved has absolutely zero to do with anyone else.

I’m allowed to think what I think about him and no amount of your snarky comparisons are going to change that.

Every politician has their flaws. The only one who seems to have a problem with admitting that is you.

Probably because you're boy Beto gets drug into the conversation by you at every opportunity. Below is your immediately prior post on this thread, where you un-prompted entered Beto into the conversation in a direct comparison to Pete, who was the topic of discussion. To which he directly responded to you. Don't play fucking innocent. Why does he get whatabouted? Because you brought it up!

21 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m perfectly fine with being a stan of the guy who did real grassroots non-self aggrandizing work in 2020 over the guy who spent the year dropping zingers on Fox News morons, writing a book, and starting a podcast.

And “drank [their] milkshake”??? What’s your sorority’s philanthropy?

Edited by SydneyCarton

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Rice for Domestic Policy Council? Why?  Her whole life is foreign policy. 

The nation's infrastructure and policies have become so dilapidated and corrupted that nation building policies and programs are required for the United States. American policy solutions for foreign nations have become solutions for domestic problems.

(wouldn't it be nice if Rice and Neera gave a fuck about American people)

Accurate Answer: Susan Rice and Neera Tanden protect the wealthy's interest in the status quo. They are paid to do that. Period.

Edited by washparkhorn

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Biden probably allowed her to choose a job that didn’t require Senate confirmation since she was really not up for kissing McConnell’s ass.

Lie. This was the first post that brought up Beto in this conversation after I had some unkind things to say about Pete.

Let's be very clear here: 
Yes, Pete Buttigieg drank Elizabeth Warren's milkshake during the primary race. 
Yes, Pete Buttigieg drank Beto O'Rourke's milkshake during the primary race. 
Yes, Pete Buttigieg won the Iowa caucuses. 
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ca777irm6i855b05dso0i8nm1g8zw37debl39mby&rid=giphy.gif

Now fucking get over it. 

So. Try again.

54 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Lie. This was the first post that brought up Beto in this conversation after I had some unkind things to say about Pete.

So. Try again.

You mean that general post, where he DIDN'T quote you, where he made comments about 2 politicians with popular followings here that didn't perform as well as Pete by pretty much any estimation? So. Try again. 

Oh come on.

Hugo and I had made a couple of posts criticizing Pete and he came in with that juvenile “PETE DRANK THEIR MILKSHAKES” crap and just coincidentally used Beto and Warren as examples and you think he was making some generic point? And not taking potshots at us, the biggest Beto and Warren supporters respectively?

You’re a dick but you’re not dumb so quit playing like you are.

48 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Hugo and I had made a couple of posts criticizing Pete and he came in with that juvenile “PETE DRANK THEIR MILKSHAKES” crap and just coincidentally used Beto and Warren as examples and you think he was making some generic point? And not taking potshots at us, the biggest Beto and Warren supporters respectively?

I was absolutely taking potshots at you and Hugo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Beto fighting for change in the way we approach problems > Buttigieg fighting for status quo

How exactly is Beto fighting for change in the way we approach problems? I like him, but outside of his "hell yes, we're gonna take away your AR-15s" line after the El Paso mass shooting, he's been a pretty standard liberal Democrat. 

Buttigieg called for the decriminalization of any type of drug possession. He ran on abolishing the electoral college, removing the filibuster, and SC reform. You can't fix shit without major democratic reform, and he talked about that more than any other candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

How exactly is Beto fighting for change in the way we approach problems?

This hooked me as bold:

"There can be no reward, no benefit, no tax break for anyone or any institution, any organization in America that denies the full human rights and the full civil rights of every single one of us," O'Rourke said. "And so as president, we're going to make that a priority and we are going to stop those who are infringing upon the human rights of our fellow Americans."

But - I am talking about a bold side of incrementalism in the relative scheme of themes. This nation needs to progress quickly out of this long stretch of austerity that has gutted the nation's ability to innovate, produce and thrive. We need to hit the ground running as a nation. We are behind. 

12 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

"There can be no reward, no benefit, no tax break for anyone or any institution, any organization in America that denies the full human rights and the full civil rights of every single one of us," O'Rourke said. "And so as president, we're going to make that a priority and we are going to stop those who are infringing upon the human rights of our fellow Americans."

Like 50 words to say... what?

Watching these cabinet nominees speak just drives home the point of how immature, inept, corrupt, and just plain stupid all of dotard's cabinet was.  It's astonishing how we got used to just complete drivel and blather and lies from those fucks.  It's going to be so fucking nice to have adults back in charge.

43 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Watching these cabinet nominees speak just drives home the point of how immature, inept, corrupt, and just plain stupid all of dotard's cabinet was.  It's astonishing how we got used to just complete drivel and blather and lies from those fucks.  It's going to be so fucking nice to have adults back in charge.

"Nope, they don't have perfect resumes or employment histories.  They SUCK and are no better than Trump's idiot cronies!"  - Progressives

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

they won't be an official cabinet until we see them going around the table and one by one complimenting the job biden is doing for the cameras.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they won't be an official cabinet until we see them going around the table and one by one complimenting the job biden is doing for the cameras.

WTF that is such psychotic shit.  Seriously, what sane human that grew up in a democracy would look at that shit and be like, yeah, that's normal?

On 12/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, henrygandorf said:

i said this a couple of weeks ago, but one of their decision makers thinks 'diverse' and 'progressive' are interchangeable.

One of their decision makers? How about the entire mainstream Democratic party? That's their whole deal nowadays. Business as usual, only now with figureheads of color. 

• Hook 'Em 1