Take the L, Pussy (Documenting the Coup Until Trump Concedes)

Firemans4Horn

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm a third generation Mexican-American from South Texas. I now live in Oklahoma and am a minority among the Hispanic community. Most Hispanics here are recent immigrants, or children of recent immigrants, and many are from Central and South America as opposed to strictly Mexican. I'm not a fan of Latinx for the reasons this guy explains, and his solution is preferable, in my opinion.

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/10/15/20914347/latin-latina-latino-latinx-means

That said, I can observe that Latinx is not being driven by "woke white liberals." I serve on a commission that is all Hispanic people and they voted unanimously to change the name of the commission to include the term Latinx. Our chair is a gay Hispanic who was very vocal about the change. I voted for it. I wasn't going to be the one to play word games with people who speak Spanish regularly and were raised with the language (I can speak very broken Spanish but it was not taught naturally to many in my generation while growing up). An additional observation is that many politically active Hispanics are pretty liberal and are involved or know people involved in the LGBTQ community who feel the word is broader and more accepting. I'm not going to argue with them. I just wish that the solution proposed in my link had been considered before Latinx took off.

I generally use the term Hispanic because that is the term that was used more in my upbringing. I've never referred to myself as a Latino. I'm either Hispanic, Mexican-American, or Tejano. Or colloquially, I can go by Tex-Mex (among friends in context otherwise I might suspect you're just being an asshole if I don't know you very well). I always felt that Latino was more of a term Californians used, same with Chicano. And since I generally use Hispanic more, I can avoid any problems with using Latinx or Latino/a.

TL/DR

18 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I agree.  If Latinx gets your panties in a wad, go be a Republifuck, puto...

A 2019 poll (with a 5% margin of error) found that 2% of US residents of Latin American descent in the US use Latinx, including 3% of 18-34-year-olds; the rest preferred other terms. "No respondents over [age] 50 selected the term", while overall "3% of women and 1% of men selected the term as their preferred ethnic identifier"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I've been married into a Mexican American family for over four years now, and I think the term latinx may have come up once during the whole time. My wife and her sisters (no pics you degenerates) are all pretty liberal, especially when it comes to social issues. I'm pretty sure her parents had no idea what we were talking about.

I've been married into a Mexican American family for over four years now, and I think the term latinx may have come up once during the whole time. My wife and her sisters (no pics you degenerates) are all pretty liberal, especially when it comes to social issues. I'm pretty sure her parents had no idea what we were talking about.
Holdup... I'll let you make it on the esposa, but no hermanas is unacceptable.

Let the record reflect.