Take the L, Pussy (Documenting the Coup Until Trump Concedes)

Firemans4Horn

On 11/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

I have a feeling that in 20 years nobody will admit to being a trump voter in 2020.  By then, most everyone will have figured out they were duped, and will be too embarrassed to tell anyone. 

70 milion people will have voted for...., uh, who was the libertarian candidate again?

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

How would an alternate inauguration work? Who swears him in, Don Jr.? And then when it's over he gets in his car and drives to... someplace that isn't the White House?

Don’t pretend like it wouldn’t be Ginny Thomas swearing him in wearing her husband’s robe and black face. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think that’s approaching a certainty. Will it have an actual legal effect? No. Will it cause half of the country to unite behind a “shadow government,” with all the chaos that entails? Yep.

2hz.gif

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

How would an alternate inauguration work? Who swears him in, Don Jr.? And then when it's over he gets in his car and drives to... someplace that isn't the White House?

Stahp. Don’t engage him. He needs to pull himself the fuck together. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, formermav43 said:

It had already been negotiated and submitted for ratification prior to his inauguration. Strange thing to get bent out of shape over.

He had to Google who passed it. He didn't know. And it had nothing to do with Hillary. That's a really dumb argument to make about why Hillary is "terrible." And that was the first 'reason' he cited. I stopped reading there. 

Strange thing to defend. 

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He had to Google who passed it. He didn't know. And it had nothing to do with Hillary. That's a really dumb argument to make about why Hillary is "terrible." And that was the first 'reason' he cited. I stopped reading there. 

Strange thing to defend. 

This is where we need an eye roll as a reaction option.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Whaaaaat? Why?

They have little tolerance for discussion before they retreat I've noticed, but I'm not familiar with their qualifications for removal. Did they just think you were mean or something?

Have you met me? lol

I'm a massive prick who is pretty good at finding the most insulting characteristic of a group of like-minded people and then hammering on it without actually breaking rules. I am deeply and profoundly annoying.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Trump is doing his best to split the GOP party (oh well), any faith in election integrity and potentially democracy. 

He's really taking this into new levels every day by continuing to announce that he won. And since the WH has ended all briefings, the only really information about anything is coming from his tweet machine. 

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He’s not smart enough to actually have any strategy. He’s just flailing and throwing shit at the wall like always. 

That’s what I’m thinking at this point. But don’t discount Briskets doom predictions. All of it is plausible. 

6 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Branding Iron

Is that guy still around?  Incel, Proud Boi, Qanon believer.  He baffled me for years long ago but that was before I knew any of these labels.  He fits so many of them so eloquently but I have been on TexAgs (other than looking some shit y'all copy and paste on here) in 10-15 years.  

Can we still say "Happy Thanksgiving" under Joe Biden's Communist America or is that forBiden?  

41 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Have you met me? lol

I'm a massive prick who is pretty good at finding the most insulting characteristic of a group of like-minded people and then hammering on it without actually breaking rules. I am deeply and profoundly annoying.

I'm familiar enough with your posts here, but I thought needling people over touchy subjects was part of the Surly ethos or something. You've annoyed me before, but this is the internet, so I get over it. You've made mistakes before, but it's the internet and we all make mistakes so we move past it. Guess they like to hold on to their grievances and fondle themselves over them. How surprising.

Ah well, that's the world now. Some of the events leading up to various wars make a lot more sense now. The drawing room scene in Gone With The Wind where the men are having their cigars and brandy while discussing their outrage is the closest thing I can think of to what I see over there...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The GoP will never recover from Trump splitting and tearing them down 

I was wondering if Trump would split off from the Republicans the way that Wallace and Dixiecrats split off from the national Democrats in the segregation days.

I think Trump and the Republicans are much more far gone, and are one and the same. You had the majority of the national Democrats standing aside from Wallace and his ilk. Maybe 1/4 of the Republicans still seem to stand for anything aside from Trump.

Also, unlike Trump, Wallace actually believed in something. It was something wrong, and he eventually regretted it, but it wasn't all about himself.

59 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I was wondering if Trump would split off from the Republicans the way that Wallace and Dixiecrats split off from the national Democrats in the segregation days.

I think Trump and the Republicans are much more far gone, and are one and the same. You had the majority of the national Democrats standing aside from Wallace and his ilk. Maybe 1/4 of the Republicans still seem to stand for anything aside from Trump.

Also, unlike Trump, Wallace actually believed in something. It was something wrong, and he eventually regretted it, but it wasn't all about himself.

It will be interesting to see how group of like Ben Sasse, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Rick Scott, etc. approach post-Trump Presidency politics.  Do they try to package their right wing conservatism back into the business-friendly, low taxes, civil and compassionate (aka, Bush, McCain and Romney) conservatism box for 4 years until Trump tries to blow it all up in 2024? 

Either he romps through the primary or splinters third party. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It will be interesting to see how group of like Ben Sasse, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Rick Scott, etc. approach post-Trump Presidency politics.  Do they try to package their right wing conservatism back into the business-friendly, low taxes, civil and compassionate conservatism box for 4 years until Trump tries to blow it all up in 2024? 

Either he romps through the primary or splinters third party. 

All we've got to go on is the rear-view mirror. Last time the Republicans had this much stank on them, it was from Nixon, but they disowned him in impeachment, and I never heard him brought up by the time it was Carter vs. Reagan.

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

All we've got to go on is the rear-view mirror. Last time the Republicans had this much stank on them, it was from Nixon, but they disowned him in impeachment, and I never heard him brought up by the time it was Carter vs. Reagan.

Also Bush.  No Republican wanted to talk about him after 2008.  Bush who? 

38 minutes ago, G650 said:

Say what

You don't think Nimrata is going to position herself to run?  Especially if its Kamala? 

The rubes will stroke out that its 2 women of Indian heritage (one also half black) running for POTUS. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You don't think Nimrata is going to position herself to run?  Especially if its Kamala? 

The rubes will stroke out that its 2 women of Indian heritage (one also half black) running for POTUS. 

Sure, but she can't walk back prostrating herself at the cheeto's feet. Sasse has kept his distance. They are in no way comparable.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lol, wut? He got 70 million votes, mostly from registered republicans. They gained in the House and might keep the Senate (at worst they'll still be at half the senate). Once he's gone they'll continue to dominate with less vitriolic candidates. Don't pretend like whoever they select for 2024 won't have a strong chance at winning, regardless of how Biden does in the next 4 years.

Edited by 'stache

So, the MAGATS are now all about the “Dominion server that the US Army just seized in Frankfurt. Now you’ll see!!”

No such thing has happened. There is no there there. And we damned sure don’t have the Army conducting ops on the soil of our ally.

These people are fucking insane, and that makes them dangerous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Also Bush.  No Republican wanted to talk about him after 2008.  Bush who? 

Well, Bush kind of went radio silent after office.  It's kind of easy to stop talking about someone who exits stage left.  Will Trump do the same?  No way.  He's the stench than will not wash out.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump is doing his best to split the GOP party (oh well), any faith in election integrity and potentially democracy. 

He's really taking this into new levels every day by continuing to announce that he won. And since the WH has ended all briefings, the only really information about anything is coming from his tweet machine. 

His core competency is breaking shit.

This is hilarious. Trump and Giuliani blast the various papers for reporting that they dropped their PA observers claim, pointing out that the allegation is still in the amended complaint. Which is meaningless. It's funny to read the Fox News story on this and see how delicately they call bullshit on Trump and friends. 

19 hours ago, immamac said:

You are both rounding up massively. Turnout was slightly up nationwide but still in the low 70s. 

47% of 72 is less than 34%. So yeah 1/3 of America is "Republican". And nowhere near 40% think it's rigged, from all the data at best it's 20% and that's rounding up. That's less than 7% of Americans that would be anywhere near "backing an attempted coup" 

There is something significantly wrong with roughly 1/3 of America though. 

They understand how math works. They are either blinded by hatred or intentionally misleading.

3 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

They understand how math works. They are either blinded by hatred or intentionally misleading.

I’m sorry; did you even read you first fucking sentence before you hit submit?  

the only fucking thing I know about 2020 is that even with a powerful calculator in their pocket, a huge chunk of America had zero understanding of maths.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I’m sorry; did you even read you first fucking sentence before you hit submit?  

the only fucking thing I know about 2020 is that even with a powerful calculator in their pocket, a huge chunk of America had zero understanding of maths.  

All I know is a lot of folks figured that after high school all the math would one day just disappear.

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The problem is that Democrats will make sure that they recover after Trump is gone with their embrace of woke dipshits. Things like  Latinx and similar type bullshit just drives many in the middle nuts. Learn from Rosie Perez which did not embrace the term and just said my Latina sisters and Latino brothers. Spanish is a language, respect it and stop trying to woke white wash it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Spanish is a language, respect it and stop trying to woke white wash it.

This might be for another conversation... what if "Latinx" or "Black" or "BIPOC" are how persons request to be identified? Is it "woke white wash" if we're honoring people's requests (I guess this applies to gender identity and such as well).?

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Have you met me? lol

Pretty sure I’m working on a ban myself.