Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

Or our so/jr qb are not good enough to trust on the field. Sam & Shane have not proven they belong. We need 1 of them to "get it" this year although I also believe Rising is a fucking stud and the most talented QB on campus.

Yeah, he looked great in limited action in a scrimmage.   

This thread is getting pretty dreary. Here are topless pics of Kate Upton from her most recent Sports Illustrated shoot to liven things up. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5922665/Kate-Upton-gushes-look-Sports-Illustrated-Swimsuit-shoot-scene-footage.html

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

This thread is getting pretty dreary. Here are topless pics of Kate Upton from her most recent Sports Illustrated shoot to liven things up. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5922665/Kate-Upton-gushes-look-Sports-Illustrated-Swimsuit-shoot-scene-footage.html

The video is nice, too. 

On 7/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, TreatyOak said:

Yes, Fuck Chip Brown.

Fuck Chip Brown and Fuck Whit Stillman movies. Except for the Last Days of Disco. 

I practically lived "Metropolitan" and fucking love that movie.

I saw "Barcelona" in my second tour of duty at the student union theater (I believe... or was it "Hogg"?) and need to see it again now that I finally did more than change trains in the Barcelona train station.

I'm a big fan of Stillman's first 3 films. Plus he was in the Fly Club at Harvard and some good friends were in that, so that's another feather in his cap.

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

She's jumped the whale  shark. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:33 AM, BornOrange said:

I look forward to the day when we are not relying on QB's to be the starter their first or even second year in the program.

It would be OK if they emerge as the best choice over experienced alternatives, but not if they are the only choice.

A healthy program would not have started either Ehlinger or Buechele last year.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:47 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

Plenty of young QB make waves in college football.  The idea of recruiting a really talented QB, redshirting him, and sitting him on the bench until he's a junior isn't realistic anymore.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

8 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I like here better with a shirt on ( a UT crop top for instance)

more titalating...

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Like 1

Meh. Besides the titties, she is built bad. NAAA...No Ass At All.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I practically lived "Metropolitan" and fucking love that movie.

I saw "Barcelona" in my second tour of duty at the student union theater (I believe... or was it "Hogg"?) and need to see it again now that I finally did more than change trains in the Barcelona train station.

I'm a big fan of Stillman's first 3 films. Plus he was in the Fly Club at Harvard and some good friends were in that, so that's another feather in his cap.

All fair. In full disclosure, I have no recollection of "Metropolitan", so I will re-watch. I am now regretting associating Whit Stillman movies with Fuck Chip Brown.

How about Fuck Chip Brown and Fuck Princeton Eating Clubs?   

18 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
11 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Meh. Besides the titties, she is built bad. NAAA...No Ass At All.

You may be gay. NTTAWWT.

5 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

All fair. In full disclosure, I have no recollection of "Metropolitan", so I will re-watch. I am now regretting associating Whit Stillman movies with Fuck Chip Brown.

How about Fuck Chip Brown and Fuck Princeton Eating Clubs?   

Well, I have had many fun times at Ivy eating club and even went to their year-end black-tie alumni event one year when I posed as an alum and sat at my buddy's table with some of his roommates and others that I would hang out with again at weddings on the Outer Banks and in Brazil. I also watched Princeton almost beat Arkansas in the NCAA tournament one year on a TV in a lounge/Library in Ivy, so I'm pretty partial to Ivy.

Definitely had good times at Cottage a couple of times (was a fungi once there as well) and that's where I realized that the beautifully manicured back lawns that each eating club had that might have had a volleyball net up had actually originally been a lawn tennis court. (With Wimbledon currently taking a break for middle Sunday, how can you not respect lawn tennis courts?)

I also visited T.I. (Tiger Inn) for a party and my current novia dated a guy from T.I. back when she was in college, so it has come up in conversation over the last few months... and I met the 2nd or 3rd string lax goal keeper at "Cap" (Cap & Gown) when I had lunch there just a few weeks before Princeton won their first lax national championship. (Plus, a friend's dad played lax at Princeton and he was also in Cap, so there's some respect there.)

I think that the first night that I went to "The Street" and hit a bunch of clubs that were "on tap" before I had a cheesesteak from Hogie Haven and then threw up out a second story window at "Rocky" (Rockefeller dorm) I went to 2 to 3 different eating clubs at Princeton.

And lastly, the red-haired kid in "Metropolitan" was on a scholarship at Princeton, so how can you root against the white Ivy League kid from a disadvantaged background? 😂

How about: "Fuck Chip Brown and Fuck Notre Dame!"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Well, I have had many fun times at Ivy eating club and even went to their year-end black-tie alumni event one year when I posed as an alum and sat at my buddy's table with some of his roommates and others that I would hang out with again at weddings on the Outer Banks and in Brazil. I also watched Princeton almost beat Arkansas in the NCAA tournament one year on a TV in a lounge/Library in Ivy, so I'm pretty partial to Ivy.

Definitely had good times at Cottage a couple of times (was a fungi once there as well) and that's where I realized that the beautifully manicured back lawns that each eating club had that might have had a volleyball net up had actually originally been a lawn tennis court. (With Wimbledon currently taking a break for middle Sunday, how can you not respect lawn tennis courts?)

I also visited T.I. (Tiger Inn) for a party and my current novia dated a guy from T.I. back when she was in college, so it has come up in conversation over the last few months... and I met the 2nd or 3rd string lax goal keeper at "Cap" (Cap & Gown) when I had lunch there just a few weeks before Princeton won their first lax national championship. (Plus, a friend's dad played lax at Princeton and he was also in Cap, so there's some respect there.)

I think that the first night that I went to "The Street" and hit a bunch of clubs that were "on tap" before I had a cheesesteak from Hogie Haven and then threw up out a second story window at "Rocky" (Rockefeller dorm) I went to 2 to 3 different eating clubs at Princeton.

And lastly, the red-haired kid in "Metropolitan" was on a scholarship at Princeton, so how can you root against the white Ivy League kid from a disadvantaged background? 😂

How about: "Fuck Chip Brown and Fuck Notre Dame!"?

Well said, my friend. Great stories-sounds like you made some pretty impressive memories there at Princeton. Nice campus, for sure, as are Yale and Columbia, which I lived next to for two years. I respectfully withdraw my Fuck Chip Brown and Fuck Eating Clubs comment and support your Notre Dame addition.

I want to add anther one, as well:
Fuck Chip Brown and guys who don't think Kate Upton is hot.  

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

There is only one Kate good enough for Surly, and it ain't Kate Upton.

Two worthy arguments:

Shane vs Sam - I'm voting for Sam but glad we have Shane. Hook 'em. 

Kate B vs Kate U -
Best moments:
Kate B - "Last Days of Disco" - I posted trailer earlier in this thread
Kate U: Smokin'

On 7/7/2018 at 1:03 PM, Goodman said:

Or our so/jr qb are not good enough to trust on the field. Sam & Shane have not proven they belong. We need 1 of them to "get it" this year although I also believe Rising is a fucking stud and the most talented QB on campus.

Jesus.  Nobody on campus can sniff Sam. What a dumbass comment.  

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Jesus.  Nobody on campus can sniff Sam. What a dumbass comment.  

"Dumbass" is an understatement when describing Sam's late game decision making last season. If that gets cleaned up and he can secure wins then we are set moving forward but don't act like this type of improvement is a given.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 4