Markets still falling like whoa

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Markets rising like whoa

Thinks for the jinx. My lawyer will be contacting you Monday.

edit to ask a serious question: when is the last time a bluechip had Fords day?

Edited by SDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markets seem to completely ignore what Trump says AND does. This bull market is going to have to see sustained downturn before it gets scared. And as long as Fed doesn’t resume the path of raising interest rates....the party lives on.

Markets seem to completely ignore what Trump says AND does. This bull market is going to have to see sustained downturn before it gets scared. And as long as Fed doesn’t resume the path of raising interest rates....the party lives on.

Was quoting myself as I still think no trade deal is done. No trade deal will be bad for markets. China market is already on edge and US market is looking for any reason to sell off.

The Fed won’t raise rates but not cutting either.

11 hours ago, happyfunball said:

Was quoting myself as I still think no trade deal is done. No trade deal will be bad for markets. China market is already on edge and US market is looking for any reason to sell off.

The Fed won’t raise rates but not cutting either.

Well, today this came out so your trade war fears may not matter.

Big beat on *ADP. 275,000 jobs in April vs. 180,000 expected, up massively from the 129,000 last month.

12 hours ago, swraith said:

The Fed is likely to return to the path of raising interest rates because the market continues to party on - and the market will take a moment to notice the Fed, and then continue on the march upward (right up until it doesn't)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-02/berkshire-hathaway-bought-amazon-shares-buffett-tells-cnbc

Buffett said in the CNBC interview that he has been “a fan” of the online retail giant [Amazon] and “an idiot for not buying” shares in the past.

I know that feels warren. 

tumblr_n73q3tYGOJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Edited by Anastasis

5 hours ago, Tailgate said:

He will still make money just not what he could have. Same with aapl but he’s done well there so far but could have crushed it. Saw the 10b deal he did where he gets an 8% dividend...pays to have a few b lying around.

And got a bunch of free warrants.  

10 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Brace yourselves. Monday will be a doozy!

I've been day- and swing-trading SOXL for fun and profit, buying calls on the dips and selling when I see any kind of a peak intraday.  I bumped my small trading account 22% last week.  

A while back I decided not to be long the market over a weekend in that account.  This bullshit is exactly why.  Looks like another "dip" (or worse) . . . I guess it's an opportunity.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-02/berkshire-hathaway-bought-amazon-shares-buffett-tells-cnbc
Buffett said in the CNBC interview that he has been “a fan” of the online retail giant [Amazon] and “an idiot for not buying” shares in the past.

I know that feels warren. 

tumblr_n73q3tYGOJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Another sign of the top. Buffet’s investing has sucked for years.

42 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

Another sign of the top. Buffet’s investing has sucked for years.

I think that this was the article where he said that it was a position actually entered by two of his fund managers, and not a decision that he was involved with. 

LMAO . . . I decided SOXL was looking stable enough as the day went on to dip into some calls.  Bought at $8.83 with 5 minutes to go, noticed a pip up a minute later with the mid at $9.05, put in a limit order at $9.10 and it hit.  That's a 3% gain on the trade in probably 2 minutes.

I've never been a day-trader per se but if one has a crap-ton of capital to throw around it should be possible to make a killing just taking tiny bites.  Forget market direction, just trade in the noise.  I don't think I have the stomach for it.

Edited by jimmyjazz

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/10/private-equitys-allure-poses-big-risks-for-the-stock-market-and-its-investors-in-the-next-recession.html

When we did our deal, it was the first time I had truly dug into PE firms and seen the type of returns out there.  If you're an accredited investor, I'd highly recommend throwing some in that bucket.  I'm fairly overweight in a few PE funds compared to what I have in traditional equities/bonds etc.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/10/private-equitys-allure-poses-big-risks-for-the-stock-market-and-its-investors-in-the-next-recession.html

When we did our deal, it was the first time I had truly dug into PE firms and seen the type of returns out there.  If you're an accredited investor, I'd highly recommend throwing some in that bucket.  I'm fairly overweight in a few PE funds compared to what I have in traditional equities/bonds etc.  

What was your path to invest in the specific PE funds?  Are those investments brokered? Or did you deal directly with the funds?

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

What was your path to invest in the specific PE funds?  Are those investments brokered? Or did you deal directly with the funds?

Both.  A few funds we got to know during our bidding process.  But the best out there is Goldman.  They have the lowest fees and access to the best PE funds.  Also, they’re heavily invested themselves in anything they offer, which is always reassuring.

Lots more firms have access to get you in these days though.  Ask around.  

23 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

GS is $10m to have lunch with.
Most ain’t playing in that club.
I’ve sent them some business so they are starting to reciprocate, which is nice.

Shoot me a PM if anyone has at least 1M and I'm pretty sure I can help people out.  Agree, it's a difficult threshold with no connections but as you're finding out, they will play ball if there's some relationship there.  

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Shoot me a PM if anyone has at least 1M and I'm pretty sure I can help people out.  Agree, it's a difficult threshold with no connections but as you're finding out, they will play ball if there's some relationship there.  

Let me see how much I have left over in checking first.