WTF is with all the spam calls in Spanish I'm getting???

Beau Vine

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
14 hours ago, Helobious said:
Who tf actually answers spam calls? 

If I don't answer, they get left as a voicemail.

I’ve been getting them for at least a year and I’m on the do not call list or whatever.  Fucking pendeja trying to offer me insurance or whatever.  I’ve stayed on the line and told them to fuck off and die in a fire multiple times but I still get them.  

also the numbers that call me are always spoofed so you can’t call back.  I read a month or so ago there is legislation pending that would require registration of IPs or something of any call center or something like that.  

fuck those putos ya me tienen hasta la madre con sus chingaderas!!

3 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

I’ve been getting them for at least a year and I’m on the do not call list or whatever.  Fucking pendeja trying to offer me insurance or whatever.  I’ve stayed on the line and told them to fuck off and die in a fire multiple times but I still get them.

fuck those putos ya me tienen hasta la madre con sus chingaderas!!

Lo que dijo

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

also the numbers that call me are always spoofed so you can’t call back.  I read a month or so ago there is legislation pending that would require registration of IPs or something of any call center or something like that 

More laws for criminals to ignore should do the trick 

13 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

also the numbers that call me are always spoofed so you can’t call back.  I read a month or so ago there is legislation pending that would require registration of IPs or something of any call center or something like that.  

IMO, this isn't a legislative problem - it's a technical one. There's literally zero authentication on which phone number is displayed. Banks have been getting their phone numbers spoofed and used to rob victims. The FCC has been absent for a decade on this issue, and it's 100% within their scope to improve telephone communications standards

22 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

why doesn't the FCC or some governing body fine the shit out of the retailers/services who pay for the shitheads to spam your phone? 

It's predominantly overseas abusers with a shitload of shell corporations in-between. At least as far as most of the scams and outright fraud go. 

And it turns out, we don't have much ability to enforce US laws overseas. 

Which is why the solution should be to actually fucking authenticate caller ID with a technical solution rather than write more laws that aren't useful

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

It's predominantly overseas abusers with a shitload of shell corporations in-between. At least as far as most of the scams and outright fraud go. 

And it turns out, we don't have much ability to enforce US laws overseas. 

Which is why the solution should be to actually fucking authenticate caller ID with a technical solution rather than write more laws that aren't useful

A drone strike with a hellfire on every identified call center might get their attention 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:14 PM, Beau Vine said:

I'm seriously averaging 4-5 of these a day over the past week.

I'm averaging 6-12 spam texts a day with about half being the exact same text from different numbers. Fucking infuriating. If you have ATT, please forward any spam texts you receive to 7726 (SPAM) and reply to the ATT follow up text with the number of the spammer and maybe we can cut down on the volume. Fucking scummy assholes.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray