Playoff Selection Final Rankings 12/20 11am

Vic Mackey

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Gary Barta on ESPN just now with the explanation on why Cincy over Coastal on New Year's bowl games. The explanation was just as shitty as you'd imagine it to be. 

You knew they would always leave one of Cincy/Coastal out for some big name brands like UGA. People forget that Coastal comes out of nowhere like they did in Omaha. I'm not saying they would win the CFB championship or anything, but damn give them a chance at a NY6 at least. They earned it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DFW Horn said:

American > Sun Belt?

He even admitted Coastal had a better SOC. WTF? It is probably because Coastal couldn't play The Cajuns again when the committee was watching yesterday due to their game being canceled. Such trash. Also, Indiana got screwed as well. 

You knew they would always leave one of Cincy/Coastal out for some big name brands like UGA. People forget that Coastal comes out of nowhere like they did in Omaha. I'm not saying they would win the CFB championship or anything, but damn give them a chance at a NY6 at least. They earned it. 
Coastal took a big gamble taking that byu game, and all we did was prove it never really mattered. That's the lesson out of this, unfortunately. They could've beaten georgia and been left out, because they're Coastal Carolina.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:
6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Coastal took a big gamble taking that byu game, and all we did was prove it never really mattered. That's the lesson out of this, unfortunately. They could've beaten georgia and been left out, because they're Coastal Carolina.

Yep, agree with this. 

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yup. Name on the jersey is all that matters now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Put it on that wall!!! Whoooop!!!. Meaningless to get to the playoffs and lose but so meaningful to win a pointless bowl game. Whooop!!! Oh and no, not one single person will wonder what aggy could have did. We know how they stack up to Bama every year. It's a blowout constantly. 

Actually, I don't think anyone will wonder or care anymore than they will wonder or care about the other five or six teams that would have faired as well in the playoffs as aggy.  

Career[edit]

Williams graduated from Texas A&M University in 1986.[2] 

Oh, OK.  

Edited by Bullneck

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Coastal vs Cincy would have been a good game.

Yep. I would have liked to see that. Or either of those teams v an SEC team. 

So FUPM in his second year of coaching (again) at UNC takes his team to a NY6 bowl. Herman with 15 returning seniors. His QB who was a pre-season Heisman consensus QB and we are Alamo bound. Excitement!

Edited by Nicole44
Results came in as I was typing.
  • Rage+1 1

Hey, we have 3 losses too! Where’s our NY6 bowl game like Florida? And Iowa State. And North Carolina.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but, who you beat matters.

We played two good teams all season and lost to both, along with losses or near losses to some pretty awful teams.

I don't have much doubt all of the teams in the ny6 bowls would beat us, so no reason to gripe.

I guess ratings must really be good for those same six teams that take turns going every year...Alabama, Georgia, OU, Clemson, Ohio State, ND.  Because as a legit CFB fan I am so sick of watching the same shit every year.  

The sad part is it is a self-perpetuating system...if you’re a blue chip prospect, are you going to want to play for any other team besides those six?  You know that they are the only ones with a shot at a ring.  The rich get richer...an 8-team ‘system’ would at least let you roll the dice and a UCF/Cincy/TCU/etc may have an opportunity.  

As a Poke alum and Horn fan, I have many reasons to hate the BCS...but at least it was somewhat objective vs this ‘pick for ratings and spend weeks looking at Herbstreit try to suck his own dick’ shit.  Oh well this got to Lobo-level in length.../rant

This is for your Herby

image.gif.d24c7ba92d2f16595b137097a663f676.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm not sure if you're serious, but, who you beat matters.

We played two good teams all season and lost to both, along with losses or near losses to some pretty awful teams.

I don't have much doubt all of the teams in the ny6 bowls would beat us, so no reason to gripe.

spacer.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

College baseball has, in my opinion, by far the best playoff system of any sport.  Granted they don’t need a week of ice and rehab to play another game, and they don’t have to drag Walton and Lanier up/down the court for 48 minutes...so they can pod it out in a double elimination system capped by a fresh best-of-two to crown a winner.  However I have zero doubt that CC was the deserved winner of that CWS.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

College baseball has, in my opinion, by far the best playoff system of any sport.  Granted they don’t need a week of ice and rehab to play another game, and they don’t have to drag Walton and Lanier up/down the court for 48 minutes...so they can pod it out in a double elimination system capped by a fresh best-of-two to crown a winner.  However I have zero doubt that CC was the deserved winner of that CWS.  

Yep. And you can add Little League Baseball as well.

41 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Gary Barta on ESPN just now with the explanation on why Cincy over Coastal on New Year's bowl games. The explanation was just as shitty as you'd imagine it to be. 

Fuck Coastal.  They bailed on their own CCG so they could be announced as champion over Louisiana.

Pure bullshit.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Fuck Coastal.  They bailed on their own CCG so they could be announced as champion of Lousiana.

Pure bullshit.

They had a positive Covid test which canceled the game. They had already beat Louisiana earlier in the year. They wanted to play in their CCG yesterday with the committee watching. So I am going to say that you would be incorrect here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They had a positive Covid test which canceled the game. They had already beat Louisiana earlier in the year. They wanted to play in their CCG yesterday with the committee watching. So I am going to say that you would be incorrect here. 

Louisiana fans are saying there was no offer of a reschedule.  Got a link?

I don't really care one way or the other.  It just smacked of mighty political convenience.

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

By canceling the game, Coastal and Louisiana were announced as co-champions, so that’s another failed part of his argument. 

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Louisiana fans are saying there was no offer of a reschedule.  Got a link?

I don't really care one way or the other.  It just smacked of mighty political convenience.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/coastal-carolina-vs-louisiana-canceled-sun-belt-crowns-co-champions-title-game-called-off-due-to-covid-19/

The players were upset about it. Wanted a rematch in a bowl game. Coastal would have been without an entire position group hence they didn't play yesterday. But like you said, you don't really care. Coastal already had beaten them. 

• Like 1