Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

I think it's a nice touch that they left because of Texas being the big bad bully. Now they're in a conference that has schools such as Iowa, Purdue and Northwestern all of whom have more pull than Nebraska,  especially after this last episode. The very bottom 

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

I think it's a nice touch that they left because of Texas being the big bad bully. Now they're in a conference that has schools such as Iowa, Purdue and Northwestern all of whom have more pull than Nebraska,  especially after this last episode. The very bottom 

Since joining the Big Ten, Nebraska is 3-6 against Iowa with 5 straight losses including one by 30 and one by 42

That doesn't sound very competitive. Against the other two:

* 5-4 against Northwestern

* 4-3 against Purdue

So that's really their appropriate weight class. It's mostly a bloodbath otherwise-- 62-3 against Ohio State, 56-10 against Michigan, 70-31 against Wisconsin, that sort of thing

10 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Would be nice to have the automatic W back, but probably not worth having to put up with Nebraska whining.

I loved watching the Horns snap their home win streaks again and again.   That was fun.  While their whining was a bit much, their tears were amazing.  Like wiping one's ass with silk.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Huskers won the game on this play, pass to the right flats, that broke multiple tackles, went past a holding/block in the back downfield, and scored with less than 0:45 on the game clock.

They might have won in OT, but the Sea of Red had a little anxiety during the waning moments! To a FCS school!

Hey McNeese had like 15 Div 3 all-stars on that team

On 8/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, Cornfusion said:

I don't think anybody in Nebraska wanted to come back to the Big 12.

Speak for yourself, it was and has been the worst decision since it was made

On 8/14/2020 at 10:08 AM, Cornfusion said:

I would definitely like that.  That way, we get B1G money and our most meaningful game back.  The best of both worlds...

They're on the damn schedule next year

Edited by mulletpelini
I hate this damn thread

Since joining the Big Ten and running away from the Big 12, corn aggy is as follows:

1. 3 head coaches

2. 6 bowl appearances, 2 wins (2013 Gator, 2015 Foster Farms)

3. 65-50 overall, 40-36 in Big Ten play

4. ZERO CONFERENCE TITLES OR BCS/NY6 BOWL GAMES

Everything started to turn to shit for them once Frank Solich left.

Hope you guys are having fun!

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Since joining the Big Ten and running away from the Big 12, corn aggy is as follows:

1. 3 head coaches

search on this site sucks or I'd find and re-post it, but I went through Nebraska's year-by-year results going back 50 years or so and the number of insane beatdowns they took prior to the 2000s was almost* nil, but became frequent from that point on. It went from "they never even give up 40 points" to "here's Colorado scoring 62, here's a 36-pt loss to KSU, here's Kansas scoring 76 and Wisconsin scoring 70 and Ohio State beating them by 59". 

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

1. 3 head coaches

Those don't seem like good trend lines.

image.png.c3d6ff8115266768cb093d5122c15069.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, Cornfusion said:

What does that have to do with Nebraska not playing Oklahoma every year?

What does our conference have to do with your decisions and scheduling?  If you want to play OU, play them.  You're the pussies who ran off.  Don't blame us.

BTW, why are you talking anyway?  Didn't your conference tell you to go sit in the corner and STFU?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Scholz said:

What does our conference have to do with your decisions and scheduling?  If you want to play OU, play them.  You're the pussies who ran off.  Don't blame us.

BTW, why are you talking anyway?  Didn't your conference tell you to go sit in the corner and STFU?

RepentantGiantFeline-small.gif

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Scholz said:

BIG Commish to Nebraska:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 10:08 AM, Cornfusion said:

I would definitely like that.  That way, we get B1G money and our most meaningful game back.  The best of both worlds...

What about an opportunity of Nebraska to regain two prime-time rivals to the south, & still gaining the attention of the west coast too:

Well, "best of both worlds" that would be Nebraska to join a league that has brands as Texas/ Oklahoma/ USC/ Oregon & Washington...

Spg4Cv1.jpg

On 8/14/2020 at 9:22 AM, Cornfusion said:

You guys clearly aren't over the break up yet, are you? 

What good is a conference that has Oklahoma in it if Nebraska can't play Oklahoma every year?  Can anybody answer that one?

Have you heard of protected cross-divisional rivalries?

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I like Mullet but some of these other corn fans on twitter and FB.. they act as if the Big 12 would be LUCKY to have them back in the fold.

I think the fortunes of the Big 12, Big Ten, and Nebraska would all be improved by the change. 

Put Nebraska back into a Big 12 without divisions, where they can play Oklahoma the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year? That's an improvement. 

But then I think having Texas A&M back in the Big 12, playing us on Thanksgiving, is also an improvement, because I'm a sucker for tradition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

What does our conference have to do with your decisions and scheduling?

I was talking about back in the day when it was "our" conference, not "yours".  Being Nebraska in a conference that had Oklahoma and not playing Oklahoma every year was something that was not well received by most Nebraska fans.  Put yourselves in our place and ask yourself if you would have been okay with the Big 12 if it meant the end of playing Oklahoma every year.

3 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

I was talking about back in the day when it was "our" conference, not "yours".  Being Nebraska in a conference that had Oklahoma and not playing Oklahoma every year was something that was not well received by most Nebraska fans.  Put yourselves in our place and ask yourself if you would have been okay with the Big 12 if it meant the end of playing Oklahoma every year.

No, we wouldn't have let that happen to us.  Now go get your shinebox.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Oklahoma wasn't upset by it, they pretty much let it go because they were tired of getting their shit pushed in.  Cheatin cocksuckers.  Also, I don't see how that graph is even possibly correct they won 108 games in the 90s with the transition from big 8 to big 12 right smack in the middle and yet somehow the graph is going down the entirety of that time period?

Edited by mulletpelini
red line seems most accurate

41 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Also, I don't see how that graph is even possibly correct they won 108 games in the 90s with the transition from big 8 to big 12 right smack in the middle and yet somehow the graph is going down the entirety of that time period?

It's a stupid graph. It's just 3 data points on each line with some weird, curved trend lines.

Source: premed

22 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

1. 3 head coaches

They've won as many conference titles as Texas has in that time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Now what exactly does this even mean. the spring slate sounds murky, at best:

Adding to that, there must be some traction to the idea of Nebraska to XII/ Penn State to ACC (with Notre Dame), when B1G GoR's expire in 2023.!?
If ACC was able to add Notre Dame/  Penn State to the current 14 member roster, the league would have more future upside (by population trends)...

Would Disney [ESPN] then look to move 2 current XII brands to SEC, make room to raid the best PAC brands..? As TCU- SEC west & WVU- SEC east...

Of note, a Minnesota super fan "Fluguar" has a tweet detailing of B1G 1st & 2nd tier at $34 million, BTN at $8 million, the rest NCAA & bowl credits...
Therefore, Nebraska can add a 3rd tier net the same as at Texas ($15 million) & Oklahoma ($9 million) per season [maybe pull Colorado/ USC too]..?

7 days ago - 

Thanks to rampant speculation of impending doom within the Big Ten Conference ahead of the 2020 season, several coaches have come out publicly as mouthpieces for players, urging their league to take more time before making a decision on playing this fall. Nebraska's Scott Frost and Penn State's James Franklin this week have both expressed interest in pursuing other options if their conference decides to cancel the season.

"It’s a preposterous notion that either of those two teams can join another conference on a whim for several reasons," College GameDay host Rece Davis said Tuesday on Get Up. "First, it’s not feasible from a scheduling standpoint. Greg Sankey has been the wisest of the leaders trying to extend the runway as we’ve had in college football. What is more likely, while it’s coming from a place of concern about players and wanting to protect the season and advocate for them, I think what Scott Frost and James Franklin and others are tying to do is put a little heat on their presidents to give this a little bit more time and to influence what is said in those meeting rooms without deciding at this point in the calendar year to drop the season.

"Nebraska went to great lengths to join the Big Ten. Penn State prior to that did the same. Would they really be willing to undermine that relationship for the foreseeable future to maybe play a handful of games? I think that’s sort of a ridiculous notion and probably born out of emotion and perhaps trying to influence the vision and perception of their presidents.”

Big Ten presidents and decision-makers are scheduled to meet Tuesday to decide on what to do next — delay, postpone or cancel all games this fall. ESPN reporter Heather Dinich, who spoke with SEC commissioner Greg Sankey on Tuesday, said the SEC's decision won't be impacted by the Big Ten.

"Sankey said the decision of others are information points for us but not determinative," Dinich said on Tuesday. "We are today where we were Friday and we’ve put in place a responsible plan."

16COMMENTS

Desmond Howard called Frost's comments "offensive" and said there's no way Nebraska or Penn State would leave the Big Ten to play this season.

"When I first heard it, I thought it was absurd," If I'm Kevin Warren, I'm getting on the phone to talk to the president of Nebraska and tell him we can't have your coach using this roguish-type language. Nebraska is getting $40 to $50 million a year no matter what they're record is. I don't think Nebraska is ready to cut that check just to go play 10 or 12 football games this season."

34 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Nebraska is getting $40 to $50 million a year no matter what they're record is. I don't think Nebraska is ready to cut that check just to go play 10 or 12 football games this season."

At least we can agree why Nebraska left.  Bitches opted for welfare instead of earning it.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I think the fortunes of the Big 12, Big Ten, and Nebraska would all be improved by the change. 

Put Nebraska back into a Big 12 without divisions, where they can play Oklahoma the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year? That's an improvement. 

But then I think having Texas A&M back in the Big 12, playing us on Thanksgiving, is also an improvement, because I'm a sucker for tradition. 

I'd rather see UT and Aggy play that game as a non-con every year (like us and Iowa) vs having them back in the Big 12.

It makes sense for you guys to play, but I could give two shits about playing those nut jobs ever again.  I do not miss them at all.  I don't really miss Colorado either.  They were the biggest outlier in the Big 8, and they've just seemingly given up on the sport.  I'd rather see them back than Aggy, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

In 2010, you guys could have pushed for an annual game with OU, and you would have probably gotten it.  The Big 12's increased TV value had you stayed would have likely negated the financial jump to the Big 10.

The academic side is hard to argue with, but being in the Big 12 doesn't seem to hurt UT, ISU, and KU academically.

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Also, I don't see how that graph is even possibly correct they won 108 games in the 90s with the transition from big 8 to big 12 right smack in the middle and yet somehow the graph is going down the entirety of that time period?

Per above, it is only three data points; win percent in conference:

Big 8 = 81.1%, which includes going 36-1 between 93'-95'

Big 12 = 71.6%, which includes going 45-7 to wrap up the 90s, moved to Big 12 in 1996

Big Ten = 56.5%, which includes a lot of suckage after moving in 2011

image.png.e0f5bac5dbcc0d8a1a4970e8fc5349e5.png

By Decade:

1970s record: 98-20 (83.1%)

1980s record: 103-20 (83.7%)

1990s record: 108-16 (87.1%)

2000s record: 84-44 (65.6%)

2010s record: 75-54 (58.5%)

That help?

On 5/11/2018 at 4:38 PM, SnowAggy said:

In Iowa the joke is The University of Nebraska.

Frost is going to make a monster in Lincoln.  If he had zero ties to Nebraska he'd be outstanding, with the ties he'll become the closest thing UNL fans will get to Tom Osborne.  

4-8, 5-7. So far Frost has proven that he's the new Charlie Strong of Nebraska. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It makes sense for you guys to play, but I could give two shits about playing those nut jobs ever again.  I do not miss them at all.

Bill-Murray-SNL-Laugh.gif?fit=442,320&qu

8 hours ago, RollLeft said:

At least we can agree why Nebraska left.  Bitches opted for welfare instead of earning it.   

Fuck you for being absolutely correct.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, Cornfusion said:

How many guaranteed asswhippings did y’all want in a season?

It’s sad how impotent Nebraska fans are these days. I flew into Omaha wearing a Longhorn Covid mask last month. No one would even make eye contact with me. Just a bunch of beaten down sad sacks.

I thought Scott Frost would get everyone feeling their oats again. My wife’s uncle won’t even talk football when I pity him anymore. And honestly, I like Nebraska and Nebraska fans. They just weren’t particularly friendly to us after about 5 losses. They really weren’t friendly in Lincoln before or after the 2010 game. 

Edited by Tex Pete

No apologies necessary, just fire Dipshit Howard, and all is forgiven.

14 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It’s sad how impotent Nebraska fans are these days. I flew into Omaha wearing a Longhorn Covid mask last month. No one would even make eye contact with me. Just a bunch of beaten down sad sacks.

I'd punch you right in the mask you bring that shit to me Jobu