Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

47 minutes ago, SurlyORama said:

It would be hilarious if the b1g just didn't answer the complaint or even show up for any hearings.  The players have no standing to force the rest of their league to play much less meet any of their other demands re: decisions, votes, bylaws, transparency.  corn are not their employer.  And corn are the entity with the contractual relationship with the b1g.

If i were the b1g, i would simply blow off the complaint.  corn are the only ones that can file a complaint against the b1g, not the players who have no contract and no standing.

When you get a divorce so you can move out and fuck someone else, you don't get to move back in when you're new mates aren't sexing you up properly

Probably the most important thing to remember here is that Nebraska returning to the BIG XII will NEVER happen.  The other thing is that Nebraska wasn't the first or last to walk out of a conference that contained Texas.  Arkansas was first, Aggie hurt the most, Colorado was looking at someone else even while they kissed the bride, and Missouri always had their eyes set on the better looking sisters, the SEC and B1G.  There's one common denominator in everybody's bad relationships... 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 15

1 hour ago, Cornfusion said:

Probably the most important thing to remember here is that Nebraska returning to the BIG XII will NEVER happen.  The other thing is that Nebraska wasn't the first or last to walk out of a conference that contained Texas.  Arkansas was first, Aggie hurt the most, Colorado was looking at someone else even while they kissed the bride, and Missouri always had their eyes set on the better looking sisters, the SEC and B1G.  There's one common denominator in everybody's bad relationships... 

Lulz.  Keep fucking that chicken, loser.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

So who are you blaming now that the marriage to your fat Polish 2nd wife has gone to shit in less than a decade? I had an uncle like you - married 5 times, somehow always managed to end up with an ungrateful bitch for a wife....

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Who cares what you think?

We're Texas. You are a joke academic university in a terrible state that will never be relevant again in football. 

You don't matter. Buh bye.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, camel at sea said:

Put me in the camp that would welcome NU back.  Hate is good for college football.  If tOSU and Michigan is any indicator, one-sided rivalries are fine for the TV side.  Add Nebby and trade WVU for Arky and we've almost got an ideal Big 8 / SWC division split.  

North:  OU, NU, OSU, KSU, KU, ISU
South:  UT, Arky, TTU, TCU, BU, ??

Or we could just play at 11 teams and make sure the big brand / rivals play each other every year.  

A smaller conf that plays a round robin in football may be better, or may have been better in the early 90s. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

A smaller conf that plays a round robin in football may be better, or may have been better in the early 90s. 

I like a full roundrobin and zero divisions way better than the previous format.  You know, as long as there isn't an unnecessary and redundant conference championship game after all of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

When you get a divorce so you can move out and fuck someone else, you don't get to move back in when you're new mates aren't sexing you up properly

It will never happen because no one wants you, here. What people are missing here that losing to Texas was just a Nebraska tradition. When Texas Tech curb stomped your team, that broke you. Another Texas team kicking the shit out of you.

Ohio State loves the automatic win, not Nebraska. Oklahoma doesn’t even care, they could have scheduled you but decided you are too shit for them, and they scheduled Tennessee.

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

When you get a divorce so you can move out and fuck someone else, you don't get to move back in when you're new mates aren't sexing you up properly.

Especially when you lie about why you moved out, disparage your former mates on the way out the door, and then use fake revisionist bullshit to rationalize your actions.  See al4isu posts upthread and in the 20indanger thread.

That's not true at all, I personally did all this with my ex-wife.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I'm surprised so many clamor to have Colorado back.  To me they were the Ellen Page of our conference.  I could watch one of their games and then five minutes later forget they were even on the field.  Utterly forgettable outside of our ass whooping of them.

I think fans just want to spend a couple days in Denver/Boulder 

16 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Nebraska is now moving towards its second failed marriage. What's the common denominator there BooBoo.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fucking chickens will probably be a top 3 activity on Saturdays this fall in Nebraska. 

EJK6T6RXUAAHQV5?format=jpg&name=large

Same as every other year. 

So that was a clip of Nebraska "tailgating" in the movie Devil's Rejects..? (Well, good to know)...

On 8/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, Royalfan5 said:

I'd like to note the lead lawyer on this is likely using this to bring awareness to him running for Gov in 2022, because that's generally the kind of people that want to be governor of a state this days.  

"I tried to save Nebraska football from those elites in the Big 10!!!"

14 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I'm surprised so many clamor to have Colorado back.  To me they were the Ellen Page of our conference.  I could watch one of their games and then five minutes later forget they were even on the field.  Utterly forgettable outside of our ass whooping of them.

Unfortunately, I was around for a good chunk of those 89-97 years where they reeled off 6 in a row on us, and a few of those teams were damn salty. Then Mack showed up and started bottoming them out on the regular. Still I always kind of root for CU. Sharp unis, great town, and I hate to say it, one of the few mascots I put on par with Bevo. Honestly slightly ahead. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Players' side look like idiots.  They have no standing and no case.

It reminds me of the brethren's defense for the mountain meadows massacre before philip 'klingon' smith apostatized in 1872..... "the indians made us do it."

The player's case is nonsensical mumbojumbo.   The bottom line is this: corn have not cancelled anyone's scholarships.  So how can the players claim tortious interference as the reason they need to see the b1g's medical docs and minutes of the discussion before the vote?

It's absurd.

On 8/27/2020 at 3:04 PM, Cornfusion said:

Arkansas was first, Aggie hurt the most, Colorado was looking at someone else even while they kissed the bride, and Missouri always had their eyes set on the better looking sisters, the SEC and B1G.  There's one common denominator in everybody's bad relationships... 

Actually this is pretty insightful. Hadn't really thought about it like this before. Putting it this way helps me to understand why all these schools left for something different.

There is one common denominator here, and I think we can all totally understand these schools' desire to sever association with Baylor. Maybe we'll be next. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Actually this is pretty insightful. Hadn't really thought about it like this before. Putting it this way helps me to understand why all these schools left for something different.

There is one common denominator here, and I think we can all totally understand these schools' desire to sever association with Baylor. Maybe we'll be next. 

So they could associate with Ann "Drop Your Drawers" Ann Arbor, East Nassar Lansing, and The Wife Beater University.

Still though, a hearing two days after filing.  NE courts must be really bored.

Edited by notre dame joe

On 8/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, Cornfusion said:

Cornmisinformed, I think you might want to pay attention to the rumblings of NU looking to return (to a reconfigured) XII as possible, so, #BeHumble...

On 8/28/2020 at 10:29 PM, Blotto said:

Unfortunately, I was around for a good chunk of those 89-97 years where they reeled off 6 in a row on us, and a few of those teams were damn salty. Then Mack showed up and started bottoming them out on the regular. Still I always kind of root for CU. Sharp unis, great town, and I hate to say it, one of the few mascots I put on par with Bevo. Honestly slightly ahead. 

giphy.gif

NEGGED for 'slightly ahead of Bevo'

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

In case you are interested... Courtroom Audio  Aug 27th of the lawsuit

They were critical of B10 and their lawyer on this podcast...

Lack of transparency and "Something Stinks Behind the Scenes"  😁

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Court order says Big Ten must turn over documents

Excerpt:

“Today, the Lancaster County District Court ordered the Big Ten Conference to produce more information and documents regarding the ‘vote,’ as well as the governing documents related to the decision-making process. The Court’s Order recognizes the time-sensitive nature of the lawsuit and imposes a September 12 deadline for the Big Ten to produce responsive documents. The Plaintiff’s retain the right to use traditional discovery methods, including depositions, as the case moves forward.

Full:

It has not been a good last few weeks for officials in the Big Ten Conference office. The league elected to cancel the fall football season on Aug. 11, presumably because of concerns related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Reaction to the Big Ten decision has been largely negative. Players, coaches and athletic departments within the conference have sharply criticized the Big Ten for not going ahead with a football season this fall.

An attorney representing the eight Nebraska football players suing the Big Ten provided an update on the case, which includes a court order requiring the conference to turn over documents related to its decision to postpone the football season.

Mike Flood of Omaha, Neb., the lead attorney in the case, released the following statement Wednesday:

“Today, the Lancaster County District Court ordered the Big Ten Conference to produce more information and documents regarding the ‘vote,’ as well as the governing documents related to the decision-making process. The Court’s Order recognizes the time-sensitive nature of the lawsuit and imposes a September 12 deadline for the Big Ten to produce responsive documents. The Plaintiff’s retain the right to use traditional discovery methods, including depositions, as the case moves forward.

“Together with co-counsel Mark Laughlin and Pat Cooper, Partners at Fraser Stryker Law Firm in Omaha, Nebraska, our next step will be to visit with our clients regarding the Court’s Order and take the most appropriate next step.”

The 13-page lawsuit, which was posted to Twitter last week via an account run by parents of Huskers players, contends that Big Ten's decision should be overturned on the grounds that it failed to adhere to established procedures in the decision-making process. The lawsuit, filed in the District Court of Lancaster County, also contends that the postpone was “unjustified” based on flawed medical information.

Per the documents, Garrett Snodgrass, Garrett Nelson, Ethan Piper, Noa Pola-Gates, Alante Brown, Brant Banks, Brig Banks and Jackson Hannah are the eight Nebraska football players that filed the suit. Three main grievances against the Big Ten are highlighted in the lawsuit: Wrongful interference with business expectations, breach of contract, and declaratory judgment.

The news came a week after a number of parents of Big Ten athletes gathered outside in the conference's headquarters in Illinois in protest of the decision to postpone. Nebraska Football has also been among the more vocal Big Ten programs in voicing its displeasure with the Big Ten's course of action.

The Big Ten responded to the lawsuit last week, issuing a statement expressing that the players’ lawsuit holds no merit.

"The Big Ten Conference Council of Presidents and Chancellors overwhelmingly voted to postpone the fall sports season based on medical concerns and in the best interest of the health and safety of our student-athletes," the statement, obtained by 247Sports, read. "This was an important decision for our 14 member institutions and the surrounding communities.

"We share the disappointment that some student-athletes and their families are feeling. However, this lawsuit has no merit and we will defend the decision to protect all student-athletes as we navigate through this global pandemic. We are actively considering options to get back to competition and looking forward to doing so when it is safe to play.”