Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

Okay, my impressions after the BIG pulled the rug out from under the Nebraska vs.Tennessee Chattanooga game is that almost all Nebraska fans are pissed at the BIG 10.  The Big 10 commissioner arranged a vote to quash this game and it was taken within an hour,  yet they fiddle fucked around for a month trying to decide if they could have a season and couldn't even decide if they ever had a vote to cancel it before.  That, and we found out that Wisconsin canceled the game, not the BIG 10, because they are still ass chapped they had to play this year and they didn't want to show up without their quarterback.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

We don't care if being popular means we have to agree not to play football. Ohio State seems to be on our side.  I"ll take them and Iowa over the rest of the mask breathers in our conference.

lol if this was tosu, they wouldn't even needed a vote to say yes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Big 10 told Huskers to sit down and shut up again.  Know your role.

Indeed. I chuckled when I saw the story.

Nebraska: "Um....Hey you guys.  We think we wanna play this weekend since Wisky has the covids."

BigTen:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Dutch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Indeed. I chuckled when I saw the story.

Nebraska: "Um....Hey you guys.  We think we wanna play this weekend since Wisky has the covids."

BigTen:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, that's what they said when we started the fight to get a season back this year.  Who won that one?  Somebody has to be the first one to speak up, even if it upsets the mask breathers.  We didn't get out Tennessee-Chattanooga game, but the BIG gets ANOTHER black eye out of the deal. Buckeyes at least sympathetic that Frost is trying to play football this year.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Yeah, that's what they said when we started the fight to get a season back this year.  Who won that one?  Somebody has to be the first one to speak up, even if it upsets the mask breathers.  We didn't get out Tennessee-Chattanooga game, but the BIG gets ANOTHER black eye out of the deal. Buckeyes at least sympathetic that Frost is trying to play football this year.

Nebraska is the one with the black eye. 

Nebraska is the one with the black eye. 

Not among football fans who want to see football.  Then again, a lot of people look at things through their own filters and lenses, so a football team trying to play football might look way different for them.  I would like to see how your particular lens distorts this, but not enough to pursue it with a debate.

Edited by Cornfusion

53 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Not among football fans who want to see football.  Then again, a lot of people look at things through their own filters and lenses, so a football team trying to play football might look way different for them.  I would like to see how your particular lens distorts this, but not enough to pursue it with a debate.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Point A: How bad of a spot do you need to be in your life that a two day notice game against FCS school is something that you will fill a hole in your lives? 

Point B: At some point, I’d like the Nebraska fans around me to ask if Nebraska is always the school voting by themselves that maybe their the assholes. 

Point C Blonde overall wearing Herbie Husker is the best Herbie Husker 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TexasBuckeye said:

I think the B1G wants Nebraska to leave the league. After being kicked out of the AAU, football was the only thing the cornhuskers had for the Big 10, and now they don't even have much of that going for them. 

That's led them to get labeled "Nebraska Cornrutgers" on several Big 10 web sites.

• Haha 6

Wisconsin did NOT reach the levels of positive tests that would mandate (by conference rules) that they couldn't play.  However, they would have been short quarterbacks, so Wisconsin "opted out" of playing Nebraska this week.  They didn't forfeit, mind you, they "opted out".  I didn't know that was a thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Wisconsin did NOT reach the levels of positive tests that would mandate (by conference rules) that they couldn't play.  However, they would have been short quarterbacks, so Wisconsin "opted out" of playing Nebraska this week.  They didn't forfeit, mind you, they "opted out".  I didn't know that was a thing.

what is the threshold?

5 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

what is the threshold?

As per the CBS Sports story this morning:

Neither of those figures were enough to trigger an automatic cancellation that comes with a COVID-19 positivity rate of at least 5% and a population positive rate of at least 7.5% in the neighboring area. Short of that, Big Ten protocols state teams can "consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/wisconsin-nebraska-game-deemed-a-no-contest-as-badgers-cancel-amid-covid-19-outbreak/

On 10/31/2020 at 7:55 AM, Cornfusion said:

As per the CBS Sports story this morning:

Neither of those figures were enough to trigger an automatic cancellation that comes with a COVID-19 positivity rate of at least 5% and a population positive rate of at least 7.5% in the neighboring area. Short of that, Big Ten protocols state teams can "consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/wisconsin-nebraska-game-deemed-a-no-contest-as-badgers-cancel-amid-covid-19-outbreak/

As many Wisconsin players coming down with the virus, Nebraska was fortunate not to have been around them at all.  Cancelling the game was the right thing to do.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

that little kid that had brain cancer and ran the touchdown play during their spring game many moons back.  His dad has it now and it’s terminal.  

Is that the same thing that made Tom Osborne so mad that the Huskers took their ball and left the Big 12? Sounds contagious. 

1 hour ago, trza-hawk said:

With all the other games getting canceled it means that Nebraska vs. Penn State is something like the biggest game this weekend.

Nah, there's three games in the Big 10 involving an undefeated team.  Also BC-ND.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.