Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

7 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

aggy says hold my jizz beer

Was surprised that A&M assigned 'only' 44% to you.  Quite surprised they were rated rivals by Baylor and TTech.  Not too surprised that there is no team on that list where both sides weigh it about the same (Lolsu)

https://knowrivalry.com/team/texas_am/

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from another board...

A very interesting situation unfolded in Lincoln Neb on Sat. Indiana went in and surprisingly beat Nebraska 38-31. After the game Indiana AD Fred Glass raised some eyebrows with his comments, referencing a beef no one seemed to know existed.

“I’m very, very happy for our kids and very, very happy for our fans, because like Tom (Allen) said tonight, we’re sick of talking about how close we’ve been, one to a signature win and two to qualify for a bowl. To hit both of those things today at Nebraska was particularly gratifying, particularly knowing Nebraska’s staff had no respect for our program.”

Nebraska head coach Scott Frost seemed to have no idea what Glass was referencing when asked on Monday. Nebraska coach Scott Frost on the perceived disrespect by Indiana AD Fred Glass: “We’ve been scratching our heads, wondering what that’s all about... If there’s something we did, I’d certainly like to know.” Frost said it’s a “dead issue.”

Oh, but apparently Frosty did know exactly what the beef was. Nebraska has complained to Big Ten headquarters that Nebraska sees too much of Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan and not enough of Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland. From the report:

Details aren’t uber-specific about the context of the remarks, but multiple sources around the conference confirmed that Frost had raised complaints in discussions privately and publicly that Nebraska had been saddled with a difficult of a cross-divisional Big Ten schedule in future seasons. His specific complaint? His team needs more games against historically weaker programs, citing Indiana specifically by name.

Hoosier receiver Whop Philyor — who, by the way, torched Nebraska to the tune of 14 catches for 187 yards on Saturday — seems to confirm that Nebraska wanted more Indiana and less Ohio State. "They got what they wanted," he said.

Ouch! This really bit Frosty & Nebraska in the rump. Thankfully for them, they don’t play Indiana again until 2022.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-heres-source-indiana-nebraska-beef-didnt-know-existed/

• Like 1

First of all, I didn't even know Nebraska lost to Indiana this weekend. My obsession isn't holding up well.

But more importantly, the ENTIRE FUCKING REASON the Big Ten added Nebraska was to put them up against Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State to increase the Big Ten's inventory of games between historically top-tier programs (programs that draw casual TV fans based on name recognition). Nebraska has NO VALUE to the Big Ten if it mostly plays the Big Ten's weakest programs. 

Now, in all honesty, the joke's on the Big Ten, because Nebraska is long past its prime as a nationally competitive program. It now has much more in common with Pitt, Minnesota, or Georgia Tech than it does Ohio State. Trying to hype another 50-point Ohio State win as "NEBRASKA VERSUS OHIO STATE" is just lulz all the way around. This isn't the 1990s. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

a true freshman 3rd string QB played 80% of the snaps Saturday.  Indiana has the 4th best record (6-2) in the B1G.  

If your 3rd string true freshman is playing the majority of the game you're trying to win....well my friend, you're probably fucked.

I was impressed with him however, he played pretty well.  The defense was not good.

I garntee Frost never said anything about playing Indiana, at least not the way the Indiana AD presented it.  The truth is somewhere in there though.

Same AD complained about Nebraska fans booing Indiana "injuries" during uptempo play as well.  Guess the A/C wasn't working at halftime.

• Haha 1

On October 30, 2019 at 3:46 PM, Loco said:

"Details aren’t uber-specific about the context of the remarks,"

You don't say.

"but multiple sources around the conference confirmed that Frost had raised complaints in discussions privately and publicly that Nebraska had been saddled with a difficult of a cross-divisional Big Ten schedule in future seasons."

How many sources "around the conference" would be privy to private complaints? More importantly, where are the public complaints? I haven't seen any. This should be easy to clear up. Show us the public complaints. 

"His specific complaint? His team needs more games against historically weaker programs, citing Indiana specifically by name."

This sounds like bullshit. Why would he specifically say Indiana and not Rutgers? Tom Allen isn't a reliable source. Of course he wants to sell the disrespect angle.

I'm sure that "Frosty" (obviously a term used by an objective and rational source -- like footballscoop.com) knows that playing Ohio State and Penn State opens up recruiting in that region, and that scheduling marquee games helps with ticket sales and national exposure, and that strength of schedule is a factor if you ever want to make it into the playoff. He probably also doesn't look upon the loss of Oklahoma from Nebraska's annual schedule as a good thing. 

I'm going to need video and/or audio of Scott "Frosty" Frost publicly saying these things, as alleged by that article, before I'll believe it. Because it really doesn't make any sense. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:41 AM, mulletpelini said:

a true freshman 3rd string QB played 80% of the snaps Saturday.  Indiana has the 4th best record (6-2) in the B1G.  

If your 3rd string true freshman is playing the majority of the game you're trying to win....well my friend, you're probably fucked.

I was impressed with him however, he played pretty well.  The defense was not good.

I garntee Frost never said anything about playing Indiana, at least not the way the Indiana AD presented it.  The truth is somewhere in there though.

Same AD complained about Nebraska fans booing Indiana "injuries" during uptempo play as well.  Guess the A/C wasn't working at halftime.

Auburn says "let's use the same plan, in front of more viewers":

Another humiliating loss for Nebraska with 4-5 record.  They been shit show since leaving B12.   
Yea, it was that way before they left. And now they will be a colorado or hope for michigsn state status where they win 9 games every 10 years or so.

Also, I was listening to the Perdue broadcast on the radio..."Perdues bowl aspirations are still alive!" Too funny. Thanks nebraska for being you.

Nebraska has lost to some shitty teams this season. 3-5 Colorado & 2-6 Purdue. Ohio St and Minnesota beat them 82-14 combined. Texas football is a mess, but at least we're not Nebraska. Looking back none of the departed programs besides Mizzou who won the SEC East several consecutive seasons have experienced any kind of sustained success.

4 minutes ago, Chad said:

Nebraska has lost to some shitty teams this season. 3-5 Colorado & 2-6 Purdue. Ohio St and Minnesota beat them 82-14 combined. Texas football is a mess, but at least we're not Nebraska. Looking back none of the departed programs besides Mizzou who won the SEC East several consecutive seasons have experienced any kind of sustained success.

Missouri has 5 divisional championships.  5.  3 weren't in the SEC.  I'll let you figure the rest out.

Edited by mulletpelini
every OTHER thing you wrote was true. All of it.

3 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Missouri has 5 divisional championships.  5.  3 weren't in the SEC.  I'll let you figure the rest out.

I thought they won the SEC East 3 consecutive seasons, turns out it was two.....my bad. Colorado has 1 winning season since departing and the aggy still hang their hat on an 11-2 season which they didn't even get to compete for a conference championship and never had another meaningful season after that. The programs that left all gloat at how bad Texas has been from 2010 on, but the truth is they've all been pretty shitty or mediocre as well.

Brutal.

https://theathletic.com/1345622/2019/11/02/nebraska-huskers-football-grasping-answers-face-lost-season/

I’m not trying to sound overly dramatic; the reality is dramatic enough. But as I stood in the shadow of the north end zone Saturday at Ross-Ade Stadium and watched Nebraska’s feeble attempt to mount a winning drive, it hit me like a cold blast of November air in the face.

There appears to be no bottom for Nebraska.

We saw what looked like the bottom in 2017 when the Huskers were blown out four times in the second half of the season with a lame-duck coaching staff. Coach Scott Frost thought he saw the bottom last year at Michigan. I thought the loss three weeks ago at Minnesota was even more inexcusable.

But what happened Saturday likely topped it all. Purdue, without All-America playmaker Rondale Moore and down to a third-string, walk-on quarterback whose name is misspelled in his bio on the school website, drove 82 yards in 12 plays to finish the scoring with two-and-a-half minutes left.

Purdue, with two wins in eight games before Nebraska visited and the worst running attack in the Big Ten, beat the Huskers 31-27. Purdue, which looked overmatched and lucky not to be facing a four-score deficit in the first half, owned the second and fourth quarters.