2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

8 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I would really like to see Powell given a go against the small lineup. We need that pick and roll and you should be able to find it if Batum is guarding him. 

I don't understand why we aren't at least trying it. This is bullshit 

I was just going to post this…why not utilize boban and his size with KP instead of wasting a spot in the lineup with klebs ? Is klebs better than boban at anything? I honestly don’t know
Maxi is one of the best defenders on the team if not the best. He can guard four positions. He's also one of the best three point shooters in the league and the best on our team.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Kleber.

4 fouls.  ZERO points in 32 minutes.  How the F is this real life and how the F is this real coaching?

Exactly. Maybe one day the whole "we got Rick" narrative as something that gives us an edge is a thing of the past. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

According to Vegas I was right. Turns out I was wrong. I wasn’t wrong with my Clips in 6 pick - yet. I was hoping I was wrong and still hope I am. 

It’s not a make or miss league, though. Look at any NBA champ ever. 

Jfc no one cares about the accuracy of your predictions. 

ha.  Lue taking Rick to school.  Rick and Cuban should be embarrassed.  now we know why the Clips wanted the Mavs.  they knew we'd fold if Luka wasn't superhuman and KP is shit.

its over.  No one on our team can guard KL and Rick can't figure out how to minimize it.  

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

These rotations are maddening... and everyone sucking isn’t helping.

What a disaster... hopefully we get it back together on the road, otherwise I think we’ll need (and hopefully see) big changes this off-season.

good luck with that. Cuban hasn't been able to get a big time FA in a decade.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

good luck with that. Cuban hasn't been able to get a big time FA in a decade.

What is the last big free agent we landed? Not a trade but someone signing with us on their own accord. Would it be the Shawn Marion sign and trade? Monta Ellis? 

But yeah, as a Mavs fan, you can't really hold out a ton of hope for offseason moves. We aren't a destination city or a big market team. We shall see if Luka being here helps bring in anyone since he is more relatable to the average NBA player than Dirk was.

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We aren't a destination city or a big market team.

Dallas is the #5 market. Both LA and NY have 2 teams, although the fans are lopsided to 1 team.

Rank  Designated Market Area (DMA)    TV Homes    % of US
1    New York                                              6,824,120    6.377
2    Los Angeles                                         5,145,350    4.808
3    Chicago                                               3,256,400    3.043
4    Philadelphia                                         2,758,330    2.578
5    Dallas-Ft. Worth                                  2,563,320    2.395

9 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I was just going to post this…why not utilize boban and his size with KP instead of wasting a spot in the lineup with klebs ? Is klebs better than boban at anything? I honestly don’t know

Maxi is one of the best defenders on the team if not the best. He can guard four positions. He's also one of the best three point shooters in the league and the best on our team.

He was being targeted out there. I know he was drawing a tough matchup with Kawhi, but he never came close to staying in front of him. Total liability on D last night and looked like he was rehabbing from polio everytime he shot a jumper.

The reality is that if KP and PG are going to play that aggressive while also hitting their shots we can't beat them.  They both did whatever they wanted all night offensively.  I don't think there is a chess piece to be played on our roster when those guys are on.  Even if Luka wasn't hurt and our entire team didn't go ice cold we still probably lose that game by 10.  They have a top 3 roster in the league and it shows when they are playing up to their capabilities.    It is what it is but to win another game in this series we have to bring our A game and hope the Clippers only show up with their B game or worse.  This Clippers team has never proven they can play well consistently so that is still certainly a possibility.     

4 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Clips stay small, move KP to 5, DFS to 4, J Rich 3, THJ 2 and Luka.

Leaves us thin with perimeter players off the bench but fuck it, gotta make some adjustments.

Disagree. If their counter to having Bobi in the game is Zubac, make them play Zubac. They are a better team without him on the floor, make them be worse on offense and maybe have a defender in the paint for when Kawhi blows by Maxi. Of course none of that matters if Luka's got a cervical radiculopathy. If he hasn't had an MRI at this point  the Mavs are fucking morons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Clips stay small, move KP to 5, DFS to 4, J Rich 3, THJ 2 and Luka.

Leaves us thin with perimeter players off the bench but fuck it, gotta make some adjustments.

I would like to try Powell at the 5 in that scenario and see what happens. I don’t feel like they can stop the pick and roll at that point and it would open up other options on the perimeter. I have no idea who covers Kawhi in that scenario but it’s not like we’re stopping him anyway. 

Edited by LurkingHorn

19 hours ago, Llogg said:

Of course none of that matters if Luka's got a cervical radiculopathy. If he hasn't had an MRI at this point  the Mavs are fucking morons.

I'm sure the Mavs know exactly what the issue is.  And the public likely won't until the season is over.   Just like Seguin's injury last year when our idiot twitter fans cussed his play left and right when it was obvious he was essentially playing on 1 leg.   Hoping Luka's injury isn't serious.

• Hook 'Em 1